The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by fourthirtythree »

Real and intangible aren't contradictions. I mean it's bullshit, but it's not nonsense.

Baxter is unhappy about the scheduling of his matches, they were on Sunday to Munster's Friday and they have Sunday matches before the next matches if they get through today. He's not wrong but the telly people don't care...

Surprised to see Pom there today, last time I did my ribs I couldn't breathe without wincing for 6 weeks and I had to stop the painkillers pretty quick as I couldnt work properly with them. Great that Exeter are still up for it and promise to go full bore. The pride of England depends on them! Should be a cracker. Like most of us I like Exeter but hope they come up short today.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

olaf the fat wrote:In fairness, Keatley is a decent player and did some really good work for Munster, but shipped some about of sh!t from the brave and the faitfull. He carried himself with class throughout. Good business by Treviso
There was just one match where it's alleged that he got booed (by a minority of fans).
Apart from that he had his supporters and detractors on the forum, just like many other players do.
If he, rather than Sexton been the successor to Contepomi at Leinster, I wonder if he'd have lasted as long here as he has at Munster?
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Best of luck to Munster today. Send them sassenach back home with their tails between their legs.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Let's hope that a team who could knock us out get in to a position where they could knock us out.
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dave Cahill wrote:Let's hope that a team who could knock us out get in to a position where they could knock us out.
Think we'd take Exeter.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

tomthefan wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:In fairness, Keatley is a decent player and did some really good work for Munster, but shipped some about of sh!t from the brave and the faitfull. He carried himself with class throughout. Good business by Treviso
There was just one match where it's alleged that he got booed (by a minority of fans).
Apart from that he had his supporters and detractors on the forum, just like many other players do.
If he, rather than Sexton been the successor to Contepomi at Leinster, I wonder if he'd have lasted as long here as he has at Munster?
Of course not! He’s not good enough. But why would that excuse his scandalous treatment by Munster fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:
tomthefan wrote:
Of course not! He’s not good enough. But why would that excuse his scandalous treatment by Munster fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keatley never had the benefit of been coached by Joe early in his career. He was the sort of player that would have benefitted hugely under Joe's tutelage.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Munster and Exeter making heavy weather of it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschool wrote:Munster and Exeter making heavy weather of it.
I’m rather enjoying it to be honest.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

cracking first half. lots of mistakes but the intensity is a step up from the earlier games.
exeter need three more tries...shuold open up a little in the second half.
hope there are no injuries coming from this game....a tad short on SHs for the 6N.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Exeter don't necessarily need three more tries, which is why it's a surprise to see them turn down points in front of the posts.

I think they could do with Steenson on. Simmonds looks a bit overawed.

Expect Munster to limit the mistakes this half.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Sounds like they commentators are getting the excuses in early.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I know it's intense and nervy out there.

But jaysus the standard of passing and backplay is atrocious!

Munster's tactics seem to be 'take them on physically, and if you can't do that, then take them on physically'.

Should get them through this and into a semi, but jaysus with a backline like that there has to be more to offer.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its fantastic entertainment.

Very poor rugby, but fantastic entertainment.

I was surprised to hear that these were the two worst lineouts in the tournament, considering both teams rely on their lineout so much. Watching it, I can believe it of Exeter alright
I have Bumbleflex
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Very toothless from Munster, intense but technically pretty poor
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Exeter are one thick team
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:Exeter are one thick team
So are Munster TBF.
As someone said great entertainment but shyte skills.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yep. Awful game, about the same standard as the Ulster game, skills wise. But they're through, thats 5 Pro14 teams through now. Not much to say about the game but you couldn't see Exeter racking up any points at all. Munster, did they actually visit the Exeter 22?
Harsh call by Joe to pull Murray off with 15 to go.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

wixfjord wrote:Exeter don't necessarily need three more tries, which is why it's a surprise to see them turn down points in front of the posts.

I think they could do with Steenson on. Simmonds looks a bit overawed.

Expect Munster to limit the mistakes this half.
I've no idea why they prefer Simmonds to Steenson. Not impressed with what I've seen of Simmonds at 10 to date vs Steenson
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:Yep. Awful game, about the same standard as the Ulster game, skills wise. But they're through, thats 5 Pro14 teams through now. Not much to say about the game but you couldn't see Exeter racking up any points at all. Munster, did they actually visit the Exeter 22?
Harsh call by Joe to pull Murray off with 15 to go.
Didn't think Murray was having a good game.
The game plan seemed to be not to pass to Joey, not Murray's fault but hard to play that way for both HBs.
Munster won't beat Edinburgh unless Edinburgh suffer a lot of injuries in the 6N.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong.
Jenno suggested that Murray wasn't fit (ie injured) which might explain a few things.