The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by wixfjord »

blockhead wrote:Seriously, can anyone please explain what is the beef with this guy. He hates rugby, soccer, GAA(dubs anyway).
Is he just self promoting stephen jones type troll? Or is their something actually wrong with the guy, mental health issues or whatever?
It increasingly seems like the latter unfortunately. Doesn't mix well with drink either by the sounds of it.

He absolutely craves attention.

The 'Anthony' thing was cheaper than usual from him though.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

PETER O’MAHONY SAYS Munster returned this week after the Saracens loss and produced one of their best training sessions of the year in a bid to finish the campaign on a high.
https://www.the42.ie/peter-omahony-muns ... nt-7997749

I know what he's trying to say here, but it's pretty funny nonetheless :lol:
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Academy South African outside centre Matt More moved home last month.
Just saw this on the 42.ie shame if true this guy was well rated afaik
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

sunshiner1 wrote:
Academy South African outside centre Matt More moved home last month.
Just saw this on the 42.ie shame if true this guy was well rated afaik

Alex McHenry is also in the academy and looks a prospect and then there's Sean French.

It's likely More saw the queue in front of him and couldn't be arsed to wait around for at least 2 more years for a possible chance if he stayed fit. The current centers are all about 26 and younger.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

A very good Munster U22 side:

1. Josh Wycherley(U20/CC Roscrea) - West Cork
2. Diarmuid Barron(U21/Rockwell) - Tipperary
3. Keynan Knox(U20) - South Africa
4. Fineen Wycherley(U22/CC Roscrea) - West Cork
5. Thomas Ahern(U19/Waterpark RFC) - Waterford
6. Gavin Coombes(U22/Bandon Grammar) - West Cork
7. John Hodnett(U20/Clonakilty RFC) - West Cork
8. Jack O'Sullivan(U21/PBC) - Cork
9. Craig Casey(U20/Ard Scoil Ris) - Limerick
10. Ben Healy(U20/Glenstal) - Tipperary
11. Jonathan Wren(U20/PBC) - Cork
12. Alex McHenry(U22/CBC) - Cork
13. Sean French(U20/PBC) - Cork
14. Conor Phillips(U20/Crescent) - Limerick
15. Jake Flannery(U20/Rockwell) - Tipperary
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Stephen Jones was speaking on the 'the Ruck' rugby podcast. As well as Adam Hathaway and Nick Cain, he made a series of claims about the Munster fans present in Coventry.
" Did football style behaviour arrive at the Ricoh Stadium on Saturday? At least one, but actually three or four Saracens players were abused by the Munster fan throughout. There was a pitch invasion and a friend of mine took two kids and left at half-time when he saw a Munster man urinating in a pint glass." Said Stephen (bet ya that was Tom the Fan)
Adam Hathaway responded to insist it was not just Billy Vunipola who was on the receiving end of verbal taunts: "Vunipola knew what was coming. Owen Farrell got dog's abuse as well." He went on to discuss the Munster fan who encroached onto the pitch before confronting Billy Vunipola. "That guy could have had a knife and we all know what happened to Monica Seles a few years ago."

Nick Cain then suggested that there was "12-hour Munster fans there for the day, there for the beer and to play the yob. Particularly when kicks were being taken, Farrell got a fair bit of it and Billy at the end."
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

blockhead wrote:
Stephen Jones was speaking on the 'the Ruck' rugby podcast. As well as Adam Hathaway and Nick Cain, he made a series of claims about the Munster fans present in Coventry.
" Did football style behaviour arrive at the Ricoh Stadium on Saturday? At least one, but actually three or four Saracens players were abused by the Munster fan throughout. There was a pitch invasion and a friend of mine took two kids and left at half-time when he saw a Munster man urinating in a pint glass." Said Stephen (bet ya that was Tom the Fan)
Adam Hathaway responded to insist it was not just Billy Vunipola who was on the receiving end of verbal taunts: "Vunipola knew what was coming. Owen Farrell got dog's abuse as well." He went on to discuss the Munster fan who encroached onto the pitch before confronting Billy Vunipola. "That guy could have had a knife and we all know what happened to Monica Seles a few years ago."

Nick Cain then suggested that there was "12-hour Munster fans there for the day, there for the beer and to play the yob. Particularly when kicks were being taken, Farrell got a fair bit of it and Billy at the end."
Have Munster Rugby made any official comment on the above yet ?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I would hope that they dont give that bitter moron any oxygen whatsoever.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jaysus Andrew!
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I’d really like to see someone deck O’Mahony when he does his hard man act. It would be worth the red.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Spoiler - McKenna is a pr1ck. Definitely don’t click on the link, discussed already
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

So it's Bennetton next up for the men in red.
This has all the makings of a banana skin.
The Bennetton pack are good and are more than capable of matching their opponents up front.
When Munster struggle up front then it's time to contact Houston.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote:So it's Bennetton next up for the men in red.
This has all the makings of a banana skin.
The Bennetton pack are good and are more than capable of matching their opponents up front.
When Munster struggle up front then it's time to contact Houston.
TP is a step too far for this team.
Don't get me wrong, Benetton are good. Greatly improved under Crowley but Munster have reached the Heino semis 3 years in a row now.
Even if Murray is out with a head injury I just can't see it. I'll say this though, there will be hundreds of Benetton fans at the game, seemed to have developed a bit of a travelling army.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Jaysus Andrew!

Big time! That stroll over was as bad as Freddy Burns.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster Rugby‏Verified account @Munsterrugby
It's not where you're from. It's where you belong.
2019/20 Munster Rugby Season Tickets and @MRSC16 memberships are now on public sale!
So its now the official slogan? Replacing "for the brave and the......"

For the QF you can buy 1 adult ticket and get 2 kids in for free. Very generous, Benetton aren't much of a draw I suppose.
It wouldn't be much better if the Italians were coming to the RDS for a QF I'd imagine.

Murray looks like hes OK. Carberry and Earlsy back in training.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster team to face Benetton
Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, John Ryan, Billy Holland, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.

Benetton Rugby: 15 Jayden Hayward, 14 Ratuva Tavuyara, 13 Marco Zanon, 12 Luca Morisi, 11 Monty Ioane, 10 Tommaso Allan (C), 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Toa Halafihi, 7 Abraham Steyn, 6 Sebastian Negri, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Marco Lazzaroni, 3 Marco Riccioni, 2 Luca Bigi, 1 Nicola Quaglio

Substitutes: 16 Hame Faiva, 17 Derrick Appiah, 18 Tiziano Pasquali, 19 Irné Herbst, 20 Dean Budd, 21 Tito Tebaldi, 22 Antonio Rizzi, 23 Alberto Sgarbi

Injured players: Tommaso Benvenuti, Ignacio Brex, Marco Fuser, Ornel Gega, Nasi Manu, Ian McKinley, Giovanni Pettinelli, Luca Sperandio, Cherif Traore, Federico Zani
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Munster's attack has been horrific in that first half. Brilliant from Benetton to hang in like they did and take the couple of chances they got.

If this wasn't such an important game then the officials would be the main talking point. They have been shambolic at times. Nigel has given Munster plenty of warnings but before blowing the whistle but seems to ping Benetton straight away, there was an error about where a penalty was and the clock hadn't been stopped when it was supposed to be, and the highlight was the TJ asking for a knock on to be checked and then admitting that he hadn't seen it but POM had asked him about it. Ridiculous.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If ever there was evidence needed to validate the requirement for a new attach Coach, it has been provided in the first half performance against Benetton. 75% possession for Munster versus two visits by Benetton to Munster 22m area and scores each time for 3-10 at half-time.

Crowley is an excellent Coach and has reorganised Benetton defensive alignment. Treviso are prepared to concede space on the outside and Munster keep coming back into the defensive line.

Munster must get ball to Conway and Sweetnam and threaten on the outside, without being tempted to go back inside.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The worst example was when Stander got turned over, he was on his heels about 5m back from Murray. Obviously they're one dimensional, but they could do that better by actually running onto the ball etc

Haley kills so many of their attacks too, really doesn't offer a whole lot.