The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

tomthefan wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
blockhead wrote:12,265 according to the Indo. Anyone do a head count. I think Munster start with the season ticket total and add day trippers to that.
the policy of having different coloured seats to disguise a half-empty white elephant not working then?
I suppose you were in Cardiff on Friday?
who picked the colour scheme in the first place?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

wixfjord wrote:Tom, did you ever think there might've been a reason you were banned from Munsterfans? :lol:
Another season another Munster troll on block! BAU round here :lol:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote:Tom, did you ever think there might've been a reason you were banned from Munsterfans? :lol:
c'mon lads - play nice
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

deco wrote:Poor mans Racing Metro, they really are a joke of a team.
Why haven't you told us this before? Not feel strongly enough about it?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leinster definitely do not do that. As witnessed by 3 or so home attendances last year lower than the season ticket total.
Munster, I'm not so sure. But I'ts hard to argue with 12,265 unless you did a head count. Ulster's gate yesterday was under 12K btw.
I think it's debatable if it's right or wrong to use that method to calculate the total. The seats are paid for, no one else can buy them on the day.
Munster's nightmare scenario would be a European QF in TP the same time as say 5 concerts by Garth Brooks up in Croker. That would really test the brave and the faithful's allegiance.
Luckily though, the Dubs would never allow that!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

I upset the fat* controller.

*true
Last edited by tomthefan on September 2nd, 2018, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

johng wrote:
deco wrote:Poor mans Racing Metro, they really are a joke of a team.
Why haven't you told us this before? Not feel strongly enough about it?
Deco only has the one post.
No reason was specified.

tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

blockhead wrote:Leinster definitely do not do that. As witnessed by 3 or so home attendances last year lower than the season ticket total.
Munster, I'm not so sure. But I'ts hard to argue with 12,265 unless you did a head count. Ulster's gate yesterday was under 12K btw.
I think it's debatable if it's right or wrong to use that method to calculate the total. The seats are paid for, no one else can buy them on the day.
Munster's nightmare scenario would be a European QF in TP the same time as say 5 concerts by Garth Brooks up in Croker. That would really test the brave and the faithful's allegiance.
Luckily though, the Dubs would never allow that!
A match in TP at the same time as 5 concerts in Croker
No reason was specified.

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

tomthefan wrote:
Very disappointing away support for the newly crowned double winners Leinster in Cardiff on Friday.
Seemed to be just a few WAGs with flags.
Do Ryanair not fly from Dublin to Cardiff?
Just checked and you know what? They do!
It only looked like a poor turnout. What the TV showed was the one lad that bought the alternate jersey standing on his own while the rest of the travelling support had edged away from him.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Blue not red blood wrote:Good to see they are not flogging Joey from day 1

IRFU want to get him as much time playing 10 this season as possible. I don't think he'll play any other position.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Bit rich to be slagging Munster for having ~12K at a game. Leinster had ~10K at three home games last season (Dragons, Kings, Zebre)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Laighin Break wrote:Bit rich to be slagging Munster for having ~12K at a game. Leinster had ~10K at three home games last season (Dragons, Kings, Zebre)
The attendance was closer to 12 than it was 12k
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Peg Leg wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:Bit rich to be slagging Munster for having ~12K at a game. Leinster had ~10K at three home games last season (Dragons, Kings, Zebre)
The attendance was closer to 12 than it was 12k

I know we'll probably get thousands back from Dragons but at the moment there are only about 370 seats available in the Anglesea Stand (200 in block A and 170 in block E) and 65 in the Grandstand (30 in block F and 35 in block N) for our first home game of the season
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

What was most interesting about the Cheetahs match for me was not so much seeing the debutants but seeing Munsters new style of play. Felix Jones was down in NZ over the summer and Flannery might also have been. JVG said last season he wanted to change how Munster play and it looks like they've been working on it over the summer.

The style at the weekend was a much more fluid style of play and the opposite to traditional Munster. It was more like the Scarlets than Munster of last season. They played much faster and looked for space rather than seeking contact with on out runners.

The cheetahs were poor but it was a good opportunity to try out new things. The match against Glasgow will give us a more accurate example of how things are progressing.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

dropkick wrote:What was most interesting about the Cheetahs match for me was not so much seeing the debutants but seeing Munsters new style of play. Felix Jones was down in NZ over the summer and Flannery might also have been. JVG said last season he wanted to change how Munster play and it looks like they've been working on it over the summer.

The style at the weekend was a much more fluid style of play and the opposite to traditional Munster. It was more like the Scarlets than Munster of last season. They played much faster and looked for space rather than seeking contact with on out runners.

The cheetahs were poor but it was a good opportunity to try out new things. The match against Glasgow will give us a more accurate example of how things are progressing.
How Munster played was nothing like Scarlets, lets not get carried away. When the opposition doesn't tackle, you can run with the ball. Comparing Munster to Scarlets is like comparing Nathan Carter to Frank Sinatra, Nathan could get there but I doubt it.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

BlueBlue wrote:
dropkick wrote:What was most interesting about the Cheetahs match for me was not so much seeing the debutants but seeing Munsters new style of play. Felix Jones was down in NZ over the summer and Flannery might also have been. JVG said last season he wanted to change how Munster play and it looks like they've been working on it over the summer.

How Munster played was nothing like Scarlets, lets not get carried away. When the opposition doesn't tackle, you can run with the ball. Comparing Munster to Scarlets is like comparing Nathan Carter to Frank Sinatra, Nathan could get there but I doubt it.

Yes it was actually. I'm not saying they're as good at it as Scarlets, I'm saying they played more Scarlets like than like Munster of last season.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Team for trip to Glasgow
Munster: Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Neil Cronin; Dave Kilcoyne, Mike Sherry, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Dave O’Callaghan, Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Tadhg Beirne, Duncan Williams, Joey Carbery, Jaco Taute.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

blockhead wrote:Team for trip to Glasgow
Munster: Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Neil Cronin; Dave Kilcoyne, Mike Sherry, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Dave O’Callaghan, Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Tadhg Beirne, Duncan Williams, Joey Carbery, Jaco Taute.

Not a bad team. Beirne, Carbery and Taute on the bench could impact the end of the game.

Hanrahan had the best game in years at both 10 and 15 last week, if he can back that up, he'll be giving Munster and Ireland a headache (though Carbery is easily the better Full Back out of the two)

Nice to see Neil Cronin get game time, hopefully there'll be no need for an over the hill journeyman from New Zealand at all.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

You can never have enough medical jokers, there like sheep quotas down Munster way.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

BlueBlue wrote:You can never have enough medical jokers, there like sheep quotas down Munster way.
Their latest "medical joker" hasn't got his work permit yet. I wonder how long they're applying for.
PMRM. Joke of a team.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ