Rumours - premiership

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Rumours - premiership

Post by Flash Gordon »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:Harlequinns were fined 50p for every £1 overspent a few years ago....the £5.5m fine suggests that Saracens were taking the p!ss on an industrial scale.
Rugbypass are speculating on which players are out to comply with the cap for this season. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/who-are- ... im-the-fat
19 games left...unlikely to make europe next season. mid table finish maybe. even if they cull a few players..they still have a good team.

Surprised that European rugby haven't said anything....English club that missed out on the HC place this season will be well miffed. As for taking the previous trophys away from them...that is what happens in other sports..so why not rugby?
You'd wonder does this open a legal minefield. Wasps just missed out on a Champions Cup playoff spot, Quins lost out on a Premiership playoff spot on points difference, Newcastle relegated (albeit more convincingly).

And of course, they won the Champions Cup by breaking the rules.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

If they end up having a fire sale we should bid for Owen. Obviously he’s a superb player, but I really just want to watch James Lowe winding him up like he does with Sexton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Nigel clears things up.
"Just to clarify, there's no obligation whatsoever to get rid of any players," said Wray.
"The academy is, in a way, a jewel in our crown and has been greatly responsible for half the England side that got to the World Cup final, and seven of those have been with us for between seven and 10 years, almost since they were kids.
"This is what a caring environment and looking after its people does. You have a band of brothers and I have said it already, but if you think it's about money, you're wrong.
"It's about caring, it's about love,
it's about working together, and I'm very proud of all of our players and indeed everybody at Saracens.
"I'm proud of their achievements and I hope there will be many, many more achievements on the field and off."
Wray, while acknowledging the club had made administrative errors which have since been addressed, also reiterated his belief that they had not broken the salary cap by entering into co-investment deals with players.
He said: "Investment in a property - we all think we're good at it. It can go up and you make money, but it can also go down and you lose money.
"That's a risk. It's not like a salary, which somebody gives you at the end of the week and it doesn't go up or down."
Wray's comments came amid a backlash, with former England captain Chris Robshaw accusing Saracens of "cheating", while Exeter director of rugby Rob Baxter said the north London club's recent trophies were tainted.
"We absolutely did fail to report some things in a timely manner," admitted Wray, who has been involved with Saracens for 25 years. "That's my fault, I've apologised for that.
"That doesn't actually come into the main picture. There is a small fine procedure for that, which we've accepted.
"The communication between my family office and the club wasn't good enough, that's my fault. Measures have been put in to make sure it never happens again."
Well that's alright then.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Listening to the BBC podcast on it it was interesting to hear Danny Care's thoughts on it. There is no way that once this is out in the open they will be let sweep it under the carpet again
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Logorrhea wrote:Listening to the BBC podcast on it it was interesting to hear Danny Care's thoughts on it. There is no way that once this is out in the open they will be let sweep it under the carpet again

Got Nigel questioning . . . .
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The reaction shows that a lot of people were pissed off but couldnt do anything without proof.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Robshaw said the players are unionized.
Watch this space.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Rob Baxter would quite like a couple of more titles, but what I'd like to know is if he has a sideline in hoover repairs?
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

blockhead wrote:Nigel clears things up.
"Just to clarify, there's no obligation whatsoever to get rid of any players," said Wray.
"The academy is, in a way, a jewel in our crown and has been greatly responsible for half the England side that got to the World Cup final, and seven of those have been with us for between seven and 10 years, almost since they were kids.
"This is what a caring environment and looking after its people does. You have a band of brothers and I have said it already, but if you think it's about money, you're wrong.
"It's about caring, it's about love,
it's about working together, and I'm very proud of all of our players and indeed everybody at Saracens.
"I'm proud of their achievements and I hope there will be many, many more achievements on the field and off."
Wray, while acknowledging the club had made administrative errors which have since been addressed, also reiterated his belief that they had not broken the salary cap by entering into co-investment deals with players.
He said: "Investment in a property - we all think we're good at it. It can go up and you make money, but it can also go down and you lose money.
"That's a risk. It's not like a salary, which somebody gives you at the end of the week and it doesn't go up or down."
Wray's comments came amid a backlash, with former England captain Chris Robshaw accusing Saracens of "cheating", while Exeter director of rugby Rob Baxter said the north London club's recent trophies were tainted.
"We absolutely did fail to report some things in a timely manner," admitted Wray, who has been involved with Saracens for 25 years. "That's my fault, I've apologised for that.
"That doesn't actually come into the main picture. There is a small fine procedure for that, which we've accepted.
"The communication between my family office and the club wasn't good enough, that's my fault. Measures have been put in to make sure it never happens again."
Well that's alright then.
Yes it's about caring for and loving money
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That explanation :lol:

The love bit is hilarious but the important thing is probably the implication that the dodgy deals don't count because they weren't guaranteed to make money, I'd guess that's the route they'll be going down if they challenge it.

This is fascinating, it's not like there haven't been rumours about loads of clubs for years and Chris Robshaw said some clubs took payments to keep quiet about it all. That was rumoured about 4 years ago and my theory is that the clubs decided to brush it under the carpet at that stage on the understanding that they'd all get their houses in order. Saracens didn't and doubled down on what they were doing so now the rest of the clubs want to bury them.