Connacht 2019/20

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Connacht 2019/20

Postby Twist » November 13th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Now if ever a side needed a medical joker or two, it's Connacht. They're facing into Europe with a grand total of f%~k all second rows.

Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane and Gavin Thornbury are all out. Seán O'Brien is out, and he's primarily a backrow anyway. Bealham, I assume, is also out.

Niall Murray and Cormac Daly are next in line. And congrats if you knew that without looking it up, because neither is even listed as part of the senior squad on their website. Would the IRFU take action if this were another province? I think we all know they would. Munster are probably losing Billy Holland next year and already have RG bloody Snyman lined up. They got Matthewson when Murray was injured, despite already having viable replacements. Connacht have every right to be livid if they don't get some assistance here.
User avatar
Twist
Enlightened
 
Posts: 968
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » November 13th, 2019, 4:24 pm

I presume they are trying to get someone? I'm struggling to think of any non Leinster guys who might be available. Thought Muldowney might be an option but he seems to still be involved with Bristol. Maybe Saracens would take the chance to get someone off their wage bill? They say they don't need to get rid of anyone but...
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 12641
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby wixfjord » November 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Doesn't seem as bad as first feared.
Dillane is back and available, Roux is pictured training today and Gallagher/Maksimyw are both avail I believe.
wixfjord
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby blockhead » November 13th, 2019, 6:19 pm

They signed Will Goddard from downunder, apparently he's IQ.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Oldschool » November 13th, 2019, 6:41 pm

He could be potentially a very good signing if he is IQ.
It seems he can play OH as well as FB.
A potential second playmaker.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 12209
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby bertlim » November 13th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Twist wrote:Now if ever a side needed a medical joker or two, it's Connacht. They're facing into Europe with a grand total of f%~k all second rows.

Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane and Gavin Thornbury are all out. Seán O'Brien is out, and he's primarily a backrow anyway. Bealham, I assume, is also out.

Niall Murray and Cormac Daly are next in line. And congrats if you knew that without looking it up, because neither is even listed as part of the senior squad on their website. Would the IRFU take action if this were another province? I think we all know they would. Munster are probably losing Billy Holland next year and already have RG bloody Snyman lined up. They got Matthewson when Murray was injured, despite already having viable replacements. Connacht have every right to be livid if they don't get some assistance here.


Cormac Daly is heading off to Rugby United New York for the 2020 MLR season so not a viable long term option.
bertlim
Beginner
 
Posts: 22
Joined: April 19th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Twist » November 14th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Yeah, I just mean for the immediate future. Like the next couple of games
User avatar
Twist
Enlightened
 
Posts: 968
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby sunshiner1 » November 14th, 2019, 3:31 pm

From the Connacht Clan:

Irish qualified 20 yr old Australian utility back Will Goddard has joined on a short-term contract to cover TOH. Hotshot schoolboy 10, Brumbies academy, played most of his club rugby in the back 3 in Oz, was on the longlist for the Aussie u20 team but didn't make it. Not added to the EPCR squad so more on trial than anything else it would seem.
sunshiner1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 877
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Oldschool » November 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm

sunshiner1 wrote:From the Connacht Clan:

Irish qualified 20 yr old Australian utility back Will Goddard has joined on a short-term contract to cover TOH. Hotshot schoolboy 10, Brumbies academy, played most of his club rugby in the back 3 in Oz, was on the longlist for the Aussie u20 team but didn't make it. Not added to the EPCR squad so more on trial than anything else it would seem.

He's got a good coach to learn from and to be judged by.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 12209
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby sunshiner1 » November 16th, 2019, 1:59 am

Apparently it's until the end of the year so he's got time to settle in and make an impression.
sunshiner1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 877
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Oldschool » November 17th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Con v Mont just kicked off.
Oops already.
In other news some people's favourite commentary team are in action again.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 12209
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby blockhead » November 17th, 2019, 2:53 pm

What a turnaround from Connacht! Montpellier muscled them out of it for 35mins.
Fiona is better today and Ryle, excellent as always.
Carts havin a mare.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Leinsterimp » November 17th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Tom Daly having a good game
Leinsterimp
Beginner
 
Posts: 27
Joined: April 5th, 2018, 8:35 am

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Laighin Break » November 17th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Great win for Connacht.
Fair play to Buckley, playing the full 80!
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 972
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby offshorerules » November 19th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Marmion has signed a 3 year extension. I'd say they're happy with that as it will bring him up to 30. There was talk of him going to England I think over the past few months. Agent doing his job then.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Twist » November 20th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Delighted for both Connacht and Ireland to have kept Marmion.
User avatar
Twist
Enlightened
 
Posts: 968
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby leinsterforever » November 22nd, 2019, 5:42 pm

Tom Daly would be a quality 12 if he was a better defender. Too often he seems to misread where the ball is going and comes up leaving a hole for someone to run into or leaving himself vulnerable to getting stepped.

He's down to start against Toulouse tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have a good game.
leinsterforever
Mullet
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Dave Cahill » November 23rd, 2019, 2:17 pm

Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 22083
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » November 23rd, 2019, 2:20 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.


I don't have a clue what you're on about but would like to add that he's awful. He said someones international career was "littered"...what?

Connacht's set piece destroying them here, two scrum penalties and two crooked lineouts in the the first 15 mins. Toulouse definitely aren't firing on all cylinders so they have a chance if they can sort that out.

Dillane is looking really good again.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 12641
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Postby Dave Cahill » November 23rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.


I don't have a clue what you're on about but would like to add that he's awful. He said someones international career was "littered"...what?

Connacht's set piece destroying them here, two scrum penalties and two crooked lineouts in the the first 15 mins. Toulouse definitely aren't firing on all cylinders so they have a chance if they can sort that out.

Dillane is looking really good again.


Tomah Ramoh
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 22083
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Next

Return to General Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests