Ex-Leinster players

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

El Diablo
Mullet

Re: Ex-Leinster players

Post by El Diablo »

Maybe it's been mentioned already but there will be 1 Leinster old boy playing aginst us in the pre-season friendly in Nice.....Mark McHugh
http://www.nicerugbyclub.com/newspop.asp?ID=70
but who is Paddy Warwick?
http://www.nicerugbyclub.com/peoplepop.asp?ID=44. The nice website says he's Irish but I have never heard of him.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

mick berne playing social rugby league in oz - according to his brother on leinster tv!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Jamie Hagan is making his debut for Connacht against Edinburgh on friday night. Hope it goes well for him out there, he's a good prospect but needs gametime.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

1st start for Connaught but he did get 60 mins v the hairsprays
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Cameron Jowitt back playing Air New Zealand Cup I see
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Johnny Hepworth scored a nice try for Leeds v Worcester,but later badly missed a tackle to concede a try to Worcester.Leeds were well beaten.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Isaac4leinster wrote:Cameron Jowitt back playing Air New Zealand Cup I see
Yep, for Northland. David Holwell is back and benching for them too.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I wonder is James Downey playing against Munster tomorrow night?
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

El Diablo wrote:I wonder is James Downey playing against Munster tomorrow night?
I believe so. He's their first choice 12.
We're all red on the inside.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY MUNSTER
Heineken Cup Round 1
Franklin’s Gardens
Saturday, October 10th, 2009
Kick off 6:00pm
15 Ben Foden
14 Chris Ashton
13 Jon Clarke
12 James Downey
11 Bruce Reihana
10 Shane Geraghty
9 Lee Dickson
1 Soane Tonga’uiha
2 Dylan Hartley (capt)
3 Santiago Bonorino
4 Courtney Lawes
5 Juandre Kruger
6 Phil Dowson
7 Neil Best
8 Roger Wilson

Replacements
16 Brett Sharman
17 Regardt Dreyer
18 Brian Mujati
19 Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe
20 Mark Easter
21 Alan Dickens
22 Stephen Myler
23 Chris Mayor

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/3831_6037.php
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

El Diablo wrote:I wonder is James Downey playing against Munster tomorrow night?
Playing? - He made DeVilliers look the average player he is!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

Oldschool wrote:
Playing? - He made DeVilliers look the average player he is!
If someone had told me James Downey was an allblack on tonights performance i would have believed them
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

Doran-Jones set for shock debut

Inexperienced prop Paul Doran-Jones looks set to make a surprise Test debut against Argentina as England's injury crisis claimed another two victims.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 353110.stm
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Dave Gannon is back from New Zealand and playing with the Exeter Chiefs....
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/regiona ... ticle.html
I really he hope makes it back from the Michael Bradley inspired abyss. He will get a crack at Leinster A in the British Irish Cup on the 13th of Feb. Hopefully we will see him back in Leinster blue in the future.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

El Diablo wrote:Dave Gannon is back from New Zealand and playing with the Exeter Chiefs....
I really he hope makes it back from the Michael Bradley inspired abyss. He will get a crack at Leinster A in the British Irish Cup on the 13th of Feb. Hopefully we will see him back in Leinster blue in the future.
He's easily as good as Toner or Hogan.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

El Diablo wrote:Dave Gannon is back from New Zealand and playing with the Exeter Chiefs....
Gannon's problem wasn't Bradley, it was injury, loss of form and competition. But I agree he's far more versatile than Hogan who I just don't rate at all a ML level ...

We've had no problems Lock wise out West, and Gannon is a little on the small side for lock at 6ft 3ins tall and weighs 16st 10lbs according to the Exeter site ( he must have shrunk from his Connacht days). He was exceptional for us in his first season but then after the Churchill Cup in the summer he had injury problems and wasn't the same player coming back (barring the occasional cameo). He really should have been developing as a blind side or number eight but again we weren't badly served in that area over the years either....

I see he got his first run from the bench at the weekend as the Chiefs lost for the first time in the Championship this season in the local Devon derby against Plymouth....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I think that ship has sailed tbh.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

David Blaney is having a good run in Div 1 with Bristol.....We should see him in the Premiership next year. He hasn't changed the hair style...
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Eric Miller is on the bench for Old Wesley on Saturday against the Belfast Harlequins. A once great player ravaged by injury.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

CiaranIrl wrote:Eric Miller is on the bench for Old Wesley on Saturday against the Belfast Harlequins. A once great player ravaged by injury.
Hilarious! I wonder when was the last time he togged out. I'm sure the lack of game time will do little a player of his callibre playing Div 2. He's their defensive coach and he's supposed to be doing great things there.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!