Ex-Leinster players

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

El Diablo
Mullet

Re: Ex-Leinster players

Post by El Diablo »

Anyone see James Downeys try on Saturday for Northhampton? He is having a great season but I haven't seen any of it unfortunately.
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

brian o meara and shane byrne won the world championship bermuda classic with the classic lions
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

jaybyrne wrote:brian o meara and shane byrne won the world championship bermuda classic with the classic lions
Eoghan Hickey starting at No. 10 for the Worcester Warriors last weekend. Brief highlights last night on ITV. Looked good. Hopefully he will settle their....not sure if he is 1st choice. Could be one for the future for Leinster.
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

El Diablo wrote:
jaybyrne wrote:brian o meara and shane byrne won the world championship bermuda classic with the classic lions
Eoghan Hickey starting at No. 10 for the Worcester Warriors last weekend. Brief highlights last night on ITV. Looked good. Hopefully he will settle their....not sure if he is 1st choice. Could be one for the future for Leinster.
He's had spells with Leinster, Munster, London Irish, and now Worcester. If he doesn't make an impression at the Warriors, he may as well hang up his boots. Either way, I doubt he'll be seen back at Leinster as long as Cheiks is in charge.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

How are our wild geese doing this weekend? Did Niall Ronan play for Munster/Cillian Willis/Eoghan Hickey. Is David Blaney getting any game time with Worcester?
darkside lighteside
Graduate

Post by darkside lighteside »

El Diablo wrote:How are our wild geese doing this weekend? Did Niall Ronan play for Munster/Cillian Willis/Eoghan Hickey. Is David Blaney getting any game time with Worcester?
willis is on the bench tonight - ronan came on earlier, looked lively
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

darkside lighteside wrote:
El Diablo wrote:How are our wild geese doing this weekend? Did Niall Ronan play for Munster/Cillian Willis/Eoghan Hickey. Is David Blaney getting any game time with Worcester?
willis is on the bench tonight - ronan came on earlier, looked lively
Fair play to James Downey....I saw the break he made (Rugby Club last night) to set up the winning try for Northampton. He is having a cracking seaon.
By contrast another ex Leinster centre, Kieran Lewis started for Munster but I think he is just winding down to the end of the season. Didn't see the match though so maybe he played a blinder this time.

There was no sign of any other wild geese in the Rugby Club 2 main matches or the brief highlights of the other Premiership games.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Showed hihlights of Bedfords win over Leeds. Brendan Burke helped set up one of Bedford's tries.

I was shocked to see Juan Gomez setting up one of the Leeds tries. I didn't know he'd ended up there.

Along with Fosi and Ragworth, Leeds is like a halfway house for Leinster rejects! :lol:
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Vermaas would complete the front row with Fosi and Gomez!
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I saw adam byrnes scored a try for the Reds in S14, he finished off a great try by falling over the line. They all count
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Darce wrote:Brian Blaney takes coaching role
Or David?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Xanthippe wrote:
Darce wrote:Brian Blaney takes coaching role
Or David?
David....same difference
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Cameron Jowitt turning out for the Taniwhas this morning in their win Vs. Taranaki
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

Coventry RFC has announced the release of recent hooker signing, Richard Sweeney.

The 21 year old has been released from his contract by mutual agreement with the Club after receiving an impressive offer to further his education at one of Ireland’s top learning institutes.

Sweeney was offered a place at St Mary’s College to study for a medical degree after initially being turned down for the course. He will be returning to Ireland to study with the intention of continuing his rugby career at a later date.

Rugby Director Phil Maynard comments, “It’s an unfortunate loss but after discussing the situation, Richard and I both agreed that his opportunity was too good to miss. The Club would never prevent a young man from furthering his education and we wish him well.

“We still have great options on the field in the form of internationals, Joe Merrigan and Ross Macmillan. Aaron Carpenter has also played hooker internationally, giving us an interesting alternative”.
http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/content/view/1148/80/
paddyj
Bookworm

Post by paddyj »

Justtoby wrote:
Coventry RFC has announced the release of recent hooker signing, Richard Sweeney.

The 21 year old has been released from his contract by mutual agreement with the Club after receiving an impressive offer to further his education at one of Ireland’s top learning institutes.

Sweeney was offered a place at St Mary’s College to study for a medical degree after initially being turned down for the course. He will be returning to Ireland to study with the intention of continuing his rugby career at a later date.

Rugby Director Phil Maynard comments, “It’s an unfortunate loss but after discussing the situation, Richard and I both agreed that his opportunity was too good to miss. The Club would never prevent a young man from furthering his education and we wish him well.

“We still have great options on the field in the form of internationals, Joe Merrigan and Ross Macmillan. Aaron Carpenter has also played hooker internationally, giving us an interesting alternative”.
http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/content/view/1148/80/
I thought that Sweeney looked very good when he was on the under 20s but presume this means an end to possibility of making it as a pro. Didn't realise that Joe Merrigan had been let go by Connaught either.

Didn't realise tat
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Dave Gannon on the bench for Southland in the ANZC match vs. Otago.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Darce wrote:Cameron Jowitt turning out for the Taniwhas this morning in their win Vs. Taranaki
never really warmed to Jowitt
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

gfo wrote:
Darce wrote:Cameron Jowitt turning out for the Taniwhas this morning in their win Vs. Taranaki
Legend as far as I'm concerned
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
tinker
Learner

Post by tinker »

Darce wrote:
gfo wrote:
Legend as far as I'm concerned

Bit of praise for Jowitt...http://www.allblacks.com/anzcnews/10715 ... nd-finale-