Ex-Leinster players

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Ex-Leinster players

Post by munster#1 »

CiaranIrl wrote:Eric Miller is on the bench for Old Wesley on Saturday against the Belfast Harlequins. A once great player ravaged by injury.
he was a great player would of loved to have seen him play more.

nearly said i would have loved to have seen more of him, but i know how filty minded some ppl are on here
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

gleesonisgod wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Eric Miller is on the bench for Old Wesley on Saturday against the Belfast Harlequins. A once great player ravaged by injury.
Hilarious! I wonder when was the last time he togged out. I'm sure the lack of game time will do little a player of his callibre playing Div 2. He's their defensive coach and he's supposed to be doing great things there.
Yeah, I know some lads there and they speak very highly of him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

El Diablo wrote:David Blaney is having a good run in Div 1 with Bristol.....We should see him in the Premiership next year. He hasn't changed the hair style...
He was in the premiership last time bristol were there wasn't he? On that note where did his brother go? Doesn't have a leinster profile anymore
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I see Kevin Corrigan is lining out for Harlequins A team tonight....
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
fergquin
Beginner

Post by fergquin »

From smh.com.au
Byrnes biting claim: Hickey waits for commissioner
RUPERT GUINNESS
February 14, 2010
The Waratahs will wait to see if Reds second-rower Adam Byrnes is cited for an alleged biting incident in last night's victory against Queensland before deciding what steps they will take.

Waratahs coach Chris Hickey and captain Phil Waugh last night said that they had seen the finger of second-rower Will Caldwell after the game and agreed that the marks on it were ''pretty bad''. The allegation was brought to referee Craig Joubert's attention just after the Waratahs got their first points on the board, at the 19th minute, when five-eighth Berrick Barnes booted a drop goal to put them 3-0 in front.

Joubert said he had not seen the finger, but told Byrnes - a former junior Waratah - and Reds captain James Horwill that it was unacceptable behaviour and warned them that if it continued he would issue a red card. After their 30-28 victory, a relieved Hickey said his understanding was that once such an incident was reported by the referee, ''it's in the hands of the citing commissioner''.

However, Hickey indicated that if there was no citing, he would consider reporting Byrnes, adding that ''these sorts of things in rugby are not acceptable. We will check the procedures and we have 24 hours if we wish to [make a complaint]''.

Waugh said he ''was not entirely sure how it [the issue] goes from here''. Waugh then joked by saying: ''It's not that bad … like Mike Tyson and Holyfield'' - his remark referring to when Tyson bit off some of Evander Holyfield's ear in their 1997 bout.

Typically, Waugh said he relished the physicality of the derby, which until the last minute looked set to end in a resounding Queensland victory.

Asked if it was one of the toughest Reds clashes he has played, he said: ''It was. There wa a lot of passion and spirit in the teams. It was great.''

Waugh also enjoyed the ''hoopla'' that came when the Reds were awarded their penalty try in the 69th minute.

''There was plenty of hoopla from the Reds,'' he said.

Pressed on what was actually said by the celebrating Queenslanders, Waugh smiled and added: ''They struggled to string them [words] together. They were trying to pump the crowd up. It shows how hungry they were, how much passion there was in the game.''
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Darce wrote:I see Kevin Corrigan is lining out for Harlequins A team tonight....
Unfortunately the reports don't mention substitutions - wonder if he got a run
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Anyone see how Jowitt got on at the weekend?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

CiaranIrl wrote:Anyone see how Jowitt got on at the weekend?
Nothin Flash. But a solid performance. Adam Byrnes bit his mate though!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Darce wrote:I see Kevin Corrigan is lining out for Harlequins A team tonight....
Have they converted him to a back rower? He was listed as #20 last night
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Gomez was playing for Leeds
Doran Jones started for Gloucester

Jowitt has been doing well for the Waratahs (apparently).

Interesting to see front rows who didn't make it here holding their own elsewhere. Jowitt I'm less surprised about, he had good moments and maybe the different game is suiting him better down there.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

ronk wrote:Gomez was playing for Leeds

Interesting to see front rows who didn't make it here holding their own elsewhere. Jowitt I'm less surprised about, he had good moments and maybe the different game is suiting him better down there.
Jowitt was a much under-rated player for us. His rep as a party animal was way overblown and people forget that his fallow period in blue coincided with a persistent injury.

We've let plenty of young frontrowers go to other teams in the last while and I don't think it is much to do with their ability. Cheika is a big fan of grizzly, monster props and encourages many of the Academy props to head off and get overseas experience before they can expect much of a run in the senior team. Healy was the big exception, but he is a freak. Be interesting to see what happens to guys like Maguire, McGrath, Harris-Wright when Cheiks leaves.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

jezzer wrote:
ronk wrote:Gomez was playing for Leeds

Jowitt was a much under-rated player for us. His rep as a party animal was way overblown and people forget that his fallow period in blue coincided with a persistent injury.

We've let plenty of young frontrowers go to other teams in the last while and I don't think it is much to do with their ability. Cheika is a big fan of grizzly, monster props and encourages many of the Academy props to head off and get overseas experience before they can expect much of a run in the senior team. Healy was the big exception, but he is a freak. Be interesting to see what happens to guys like Maguire, McGrath, Harris-Wright when Cheiks leaves.
I'd expect Jamie Hagan to return at some stage over the next few seasons. He's been doing pretty well for the westies.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

jezzer wrote:
Jowitt struck me as, eh, a little clumsy.

He was a big guy with lots of pace and good hands, absolutely fantastic athlete who'd go into a tackle wrong and knock himself out. I thought a few of his injuries came through that type of awkwardness. You could see he was developing rapidly and getting used to those aspects of his game, but he just ran out of time and has done well.

I never paid too much attention to the party rumours, he never looked like someone who was lacking in effort (to me).
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

From Planet Rugby in the Times yesterday.......

Jowitt helps Waratahs to top

THE WARATAHS victory over the Cheetahs at the weekend has seen them climb to the top of the Super 14 table. Included in the Australian franchise’s squad, and a player who according to local reports has done very well for them since signing up, is one Cameron Jowitt.

The New Zealand-born secondrow-cum-flanker will be well known to Leinster fans from his time with the province. He hasn’t played in the last couple of matches because of injury.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

http://www.rfu.com/News/2010/May/News%2 ... final.aspx
Dave Gannon's Exeter will play against David Blaney's Bristol for a place in the Guinness Premership next season. I think it is a 2 legged afair, 1st leg on the 26th of May.....long season!
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

El Diablo wrote:http://www.rfu.com/News/2010/May/News%2 ... final.aspx
Dave Gannon's Exeter will play against David Blaney's Bristol for a place in the Guinness Premership next season. I think it is a 2 legged afair, 1st leg on the 26th of May.....long season!
Blooming ridiculous as well. There is no conceivable reason to have a play off for Dv 1 other than money. I don't like them in the premiership, but I see the rational (ie you lose players for big chunks of the season) but there is none in the championship. If bristol don't get promoted then rugby in england is farcical.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

claire_m wrote: Blooming ridiculous as well. There is no conceivable reason to have a play off for Dv 1 other than money. I don't like them in the premiership, but I see the rational (ie you lose players for big chunks of the season) but there is none in the championship. If bristol don't get promoted then rugby in england is farcical.
Frankly whole structure of this years English championship was farcical.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

is this the same Brian blaney who's playing for Bristol?

http://www.london-irish.com//news/Irish38645.ink
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

The very one. Article is way off though...

http://www.london-irish.com/news/Irish38645.ink
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on