Hicks team

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

epaddy
Shane Horgan

Hicks team

Post by epaddy »

Munster Select

Ronan O'Gara and Denis Leamy have won their battle to be fit for the semi-final against Leinster at Lansdowne Road on Sunday while Federico Pucciariello retains the loose head prop position ahead of Marcus Horan whose calf injury did not clear up in time.

After an impressive showing against Edinburgh Reivers last weekend, Anthony Horgan retains the right wing berth while John Kelly will wear the number 13 shirt.

Munster: S Payne; A Horgan, J Kelly, T Halstead, I Dowling; R O'Gara, P Stringer; F Pucciariello, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell; D Leamy, D Wallace, A Foley capt.

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Roche, M O'Driscoll, S Keogh, J Manning, R Henderson, T O'Leary
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

A Horgan
Brilliant :D
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

thecoolfreak wrote:
A Horgan
Brilliant :D
I think I'm going to cry.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Not to mention half fit ROG and Leamy. Roche on the bench could be fun too
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:Not to mention half fit ROG and Leamy. Roche on the bench could be fun too
Good God.

Henderson on the bench?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Donncha will get binned.

Or maybe he won't.

Or maybe he will.

Ah feck this for a laugh.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

ckav wrote:Donncha will get binned.

Or maybe he won't.

Or maybe he will.

Ah feck this for a laugh.
I take it you still haven't decided if we are going to win or not yet?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote:Not to mention half fit ROG and Leamy. Roche on the bench could be fun too
Good God.

Henderson on the bench?
No Cullen....
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Not a whole lot to fear off that bench alright.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Happy enough with that. I thought they would have gone with TOL on the wing, after Anthony Horgans infamous RDS moment.

Hendo-impact sub.....dont make me laugh!!

im a bit more optimistic now
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

No Cullen....
According to MF he could be put onto the bench shortly before the match with Hendo dropping out. Will be interesting to see if he travels up to Dublin with the team
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Come on tell us what you really think.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

thecoolfreak wrote:
No Cullen....
According to MF he could be put onto the bench shortly before the match with Hendo dropping out. Will be interesting to see if he travels up to Dublin with the team
But the poor guy hasn't played more than a full match in the best part of a season. It would be suicidal, and downright unfair to the player, to do that to him.
Ballyman
Knowledgeable

Post by Ballyman »

Looks weak
It happened and I was there.
4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

But the poor guy hasn't played more than a full match in the best part of a season. It would be suicidal, and downright unfair to the player, to do that to him.
In all fairness i'd be more worried to see him on the bench ahead of Hendo, even if he hasn't played for a year
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

thecoolfreak wrote:
In all fairness i'd be more worried to see him on the bench ahead of Hendo, even if he hasn't played for a year
I dunno, people. We shouldn't disrespect these guys. I think Hendo gets a seriously raw deal from sections of the Munster fan-base. It's not right....

That said, it's a pretty strange selection. :? I mean, O'Gara hasn't played in weeks. Plus he's been ill. Unless, of course, that's all been a big ruse by the Pastmaster of Mind Games, Mr DK.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

That said, it's a pretty strange selection. I mean, O'Gara hasn't played in weeks. Plus he's been ill. Unless, of course, that's all been a big ruse by the Pastmaster of Mind Games, Mr DK.
He was shown training with the team on the Rugby Club. That would have had to be filmed at the start of the week which would suggest that his injury mightn't have been as bad as its been made out to be.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

thecoolfreak wrote:
That said, it's a pretty strange selection. I mean, O'Gara hasn't played in weeks. Plus he's been ill. Unless, of course, that's all been a big ruse by the Pastmaster of Mind Games, Mr DK.
He was shown training with the team on the Rugby Club. That would have had to be filmed at the start of the week which would suggest that his injury mightn't have been as bad as its been made out to be.
You know, that's what I suspected.

Declan is a wily oul' divil....
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

ROG will be fine, as will Leamy in a near-full-strength pack. So from 1-10 they're looking fine (and seeing as how it never gets past 10 the others are pretty irrelevant...._
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jezzer wrote:ROG will be fine, as will Leamy in a near-full-strength pack. So from 1-10 they're looking fine (and seeing as how it never gets past 10 the others are pretty irrelevant...._
So, they plan to maul us off the pitch and bully us up front.

Quel enorme surprise, Monsieur Kidney.