Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby paddyor » September 6th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Oldschool wrote:
johng wrote:Equity heavy pension funds have been going gangbusters for the last 10 years. Now is probably the time to move towards higher proportion of Property/Bonds/Cash though. Big correction coming. quite likely next year. Trump will be hoping its in 2021 though for obvious reasons.

My own pension fund would, sadly, disagree with you.
Gangbusters for who though?
Defined benefit is a thing of the past.
Defined contributions suggests that the risk has shifted and not to the benefit of the pensioner.
From my point of view, the rate of inflation should be negative.
This is based simplistically on the impact of technology on all aspects of cost.
Yet the CBs are in denial and actually have a target of +2% based on god knows what but certainly to allow countries to continue to borrow vast amounts of money seemingly regardless of the consequences.
Now I appreciate that there are enormous consequences for national economic management if it is accepted that the rate of inflation should be negative and not positive.
Incidentally, you say there's a downturn coming, will this be driven by the implosion of derivative trading and in particular German banks. I suppose that could be orchestrated to "take care" of the Trump problem.
(We should be careful what we wish for.)
Why do CBs allow gambling of this nature in the financial system.
Anyway I'm only having a rant.
Even if you tried to explain it to me I wouldn't get it.
I just look at my own (gradual) financial deterioration and realize it's because they're out to get me and I want to make it as difficult as possible for them to succeed.
I'm a firm believer in Phyric defeats.

CBs don't really allow it so to speak. They don't actually set the interest rates(beyond what they lend themselves), they offer credible guidance on what interest rates should be (e.g. irish bank rates). The problem is we have a global savings glut which is very risk averse and in the absense of any better ideas of how to deploy that capital the hedge funds step in....
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3883
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby blockhead » September 8th, 2019, 11:42 am

The French stadium announcer plays Andorras anthem instead of Albania's and when he realises his mistake he apologises to Armenia. Brilliant! :lol:
https://www.the42.ie/france-albania-national-anthems-mistake-4800367-Sep2019/
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby blockhead » September 23rd, 2019, 11:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIY4MIFqXOE

Think I'll sell the Jag and get meself a Nissan. The boys are very persuasive.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby johng » September 23rd, 2019, 11:36 pm

Yeah what is it with nissan? Every single car they make (bar the 370z) is incredibly ugly. They make no salon cars at all and every car they make seems to be jeep shaped. (Again bar the 370z).
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17971
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Dave Cahill » September 23rd, 2019, 11:47 pm

blockhead wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIY4MIFqXOE

Think I'll sell the Jag and get meself a Nissan. The boys are very persuasive.



At least with a Nissan you don't spend half your time chasing the electricity down the road!

Kept me fit I suppose
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21979
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby domhnallj » September 24th, 2019, 8:11 am

blockhead wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIY4MIFqXOE

Think I'll sell the Jag and get meself a Nissan. The boys are very persuasive.


I think Ireland are going to win the world cup.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby FLIP » September 24th, 2019, 10:13 am

Leaving today to go to Japan for 2 weeks.

Hype levels rising.

Mines the fleg with "Will Scrum for Sushi" on it.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby jimbobjoe » September 24th, 2019, 10:18 am

FLIP wrote:Leaving today to go to Japan for 2 weeks.

Hype levels rising.

Mines the fleg with "Will Scrum for Sushi" on it.


Enjoy.. I'll be posting a very similar message on 18th October :mullet 1:
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
User avatar
jimbobjoe
Mullet
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Peg Leg » September 25th, 2019, 8:10 am

Artemyev's post Samoa match interview
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9125
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » October 1st, 2019, 3:35 pm

Savea being able to wear the same kind of goggles that Ian McKinley helped develop and worked so hard to have passed by World Rugby. :happy clapper:
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12318
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Ruckedtobits » October 2nd, 2019, 10:48 pm

Well, that's a surprise. Boris has made a very clever offer and, it seems like Arlene has accepted the core compromise.

In so far as it can be interpreted thus far, this offer appears to establish that the Border between Britain and the EU will not be on the island of Ireland. It does so by proposing that there will be complete harmony in the passage of goods between Northern Ireland and the Republic i.e. Nothern Ireland's standards for Goods and Services will be identical to those of the EU, whilst mainland Britain will diverge from those standards as they consider appropriate to survive in World market conditions.

Will this mean that the arbitor of Northern Ireland standards for Goods & Services will be the European Court of Justice?
Will this mean that the EU will accept the assurances of UK Customs & Excises that they have properly assessed all exports from the UK mainland to Northen Ireland? Will such an artificial construct between parts of the United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland lead to a substantial increase in smuggling into Northern Ireland - which will be in a borderless relationship with the EU, through the Irish Republic?

Overall, this looks like the first sign that the long-reknowned reputation of British negotiators is still alive and in rude good health.

I hope it works, or at least proves the basis of a real compromise. Getting the DUP to agree to this structure, if only for the period of 4 years initially, is real progress.

No Deal will be chaos, for Britain, for Brussels, but probably worst of all for Ireland, North and South. So I hope that Leo, Simon and Pascal can put their minds together and advise M. Barnier on just what Europe should compromise and yet reach agreement. I hope that all three of them close their ears to the expected shreiks from Sinn Fein and recognise that the Northern business and farming communities have conviinced Arlene to bend the knee. Nobody needs to humiliate her now that she has conceded the key point of a "common all-island regulatory approach to goods and services".

Negotiate but accept, would be my advise.
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4322
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby blockhead » October 2nd, 2019, 10:57 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:Well, that's a surprise. Boris has made a very clever offer and, it seems like Arlene has accepted the core compromise.

In so far as it can be interpreted thus far, this offer appears to establish that the Border between Britain and the EU will not be on the island of Ireland. It does so by proposing that there will be complete harmony in the passage of goods between Northern Ireland and the Republic i.e. Nothern Ireland's standards for Goods and Services will be identical to those of the EU, whilst mainland Britain will diverge from those standards as they consider appropriate to survive in World market conditions.

Will this mean that the arbitor of Northern Ireland standards for Goods & Services will be the European Court of Justice?
Will this mean that the EU will accept the assurances of UK Customs & Excises that they have properly assessed all exports from the UK mainland to Northen Ireland? Will such an artificial construct between parts of the United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland lead to a substantial increase in smuggling into Northern Ireland - which will be in a borderless relationship with the EU, through the Irish Republic?

Overall, this looks like the first sign that the long-reknowned reputation of British negotiators is still alive and in rude good health.

I hope it works, or at least proves the basis of a real compromise. Getting the DUP to agree to this structure, if only for the period of 4 years initially, is real progress.

No Deal will be chaos, for Britain, for Brussels, but probably worst of all for Ireland, North and South. So I hope that Leo, Simon and Pascal can put their minds together and advise M. Barnier on just what Europe should compromise and yet reach agreement. I hope that all three of them close their ears to the expected shreiks from Sinn Fein and recognise that the Northern business and farming communities have conviinced Arlene to bend the knee. Nobody needs to humiliate her now that she has conceded the key point of a "common all-island regulatory approach to goods and services".

Negotiate but accept, would be my advise.


You are way out of your depth here RTB!
Does yer mammy know you're out?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby The Doc » October 3rd, 2019, 9:46 am

blockhead wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Well, that's a surprise. Boris has made a very clever offer and, it seems like Arlene has accepted the core compromise.

In so far as it can be interpreted thus far, this offer appears to establish that the Border between Britain and the EU will not be on the island of Ireland. It does so by proposing that there will be complete harmony in the passage of goods between Northern Ireland and the Republic i.e. Nothern Ireland's standards for Goods and Services will be identical to those of the EU, whilst mainland Britain will diverge from those standards as they consider appropriate to survive in World market conditions.

Will this mean that the arbitor of Northern Ireland standards for Goods & Services will be the European Court of Justice?
Will this mean that the EU will accept the assurances of UK Customs & Excises that they have properly assessed all exports from the UK mainland to Northen Ireland? Will such an artificial construct between parts of the United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland lead to a substantial increase in smuggling into Northern Ireland - which will be in a borderless relationship with the EU, through the Irish Republic?

Overall, this looks like the first sign that the long-reknowned reputation of British negotiators is still alive and in rude good health.

I hope it works, or at least proves the basis of a real compromise. Getting the DUP to agree to this structure, if only for the period of 4 years initially, is real progress.

No Deal will be chaos, for Britain, for Brussels, but probably worst of all for Ireland, North and South. So I hope that Leo, Simon and Pascal can put their minds together and advise M. Barnier on just what Europe should compromise and yet reach agreement. I hope that all three of them close their ears to the expected shreiks from Sinn Fein and recognise that the Northern business and farming communities have conviinced Arlene to bend the knee. Nobody needs to humiliate her now that she has conceded the key point of a "common all-island regulatory approach to goods and services".

Negotiate but accept, would be my advise.


You are way out of your depth here RTB!
Does yer mammy know you're out?


Don't be mean - that is genius satire
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby blockhead » October 4th, 2019, 5:49 pm

This new lark of cleaning up the rubbish before you leave the stadium. Not just your own rubbish mind, all the rubbish. The Japanese started this nonsense (I think) now the paddies are at it.
There are people employed to this FFS. Stop taking away peoples jobs!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby paddyor » October 5th, 2019, 8:41 am

blockhead wrote:This new lark of cleaning up the rubbish before you leave the stadium. Not just your own rubbish mind, all the rubbish. The Japanese started this nonsense (I think) now the paddies are at it.
There are people employed to this FFS. Stop taking away peoples jobs!

There’s no buns anywhere here bar maybe the odd vending machine. it’s mad. They bring there rubbish home with them and if the buy a snack, they stop to eat it. That’s why it works.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3883
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest