more banter (split from Personal Abuse)

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

socks
Bookworm

Post by socks »

Flash Gordon wrote:Boring day at the Turnip Farm Socks?
no just waiting for all the hysteria over saturday to die down a bit so thought i'd pop up the n11 and see what the craic is like up here.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Flash Gordon wrote:The Avi is absolute quality!!! :twisted:

what can i say, i was bored :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

limecat wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:The Avi is absolute quality!!! :twisted:

what can i say, i was bored :lol:
Brilliant!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

socks wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Boring day at the Turnip Farm Socks?
no just waiting for all the hysteria over saturday to die down a bit so thought i'd pop up the n11 and see what the craic is like up here.
You didn't make into the Pale did you? I had a line of X5's round the border. What the fock happened???? Somebody's champagne and caviar allowance will be cut for this!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
socks
Bookworm

Post by socks »

Flash Gordon wrote:You didn't make into the Pale did you? I had a line of X5's round the border. What the fock happened???? Somebody's champagne and caviar allowance will be cut for this!
i seen them fancy jeeps alright. weren't much of a match for my john deere 8430 though. who do you think caused all the trouble on the m50 today btw?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

socks wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:You didn't make into the Pale did you? I had a line of X5's round the border. What the fock happened???? Somebody's champagne and caviar allowance will be cut for this!
i seen them fancy jeeps alright. weren't much of a match for my john deere 8430 though. who do you think caused all the trouble on the m50 today btw?
Aye, heard about it. Serious turnip spillage in the outside lane......with several tonnes of sillage blocking the inside.....bastad.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

socks wrote:
Was shoysh last night too.....going at 20mph for most of the way till the toller and then you flew along... :roll: .
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:
socks wrote:
Was shoysh last night too.....going at 20mph for most of the way till the toller and then you flew along... :roll: .
Did you have the top down on the yellow Z4 Blue? :wink:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Re: Personal Abuse

Post by ckav »

scotscor wrote:
limecat wrote:For reference, I have a job and don't have the time to spend babysitting the forum. If you see an abusive post, please send me a PM and I'll deal with it as I see fit, although as a general rule, I will ask that the person retract their comment.

Please DO NOT respond in kind, it just causes a downward spiral into the kind of cr@p that has been seen on other forums.

ah well, I guess it was too good to last Crying or Very sad
one small thing if you are going to administrate then you need to be cleaner than clean yourself, so would suggest a slight change to your avi. Apart from that good luck with the site.
The old Avi was superb, Limecat, but the new one kicks ass...
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Bravo Limecat.

It would be great if we could minimise the personal attacks on this forum - difficult on a real time message board but it's up to the regulars to set the tone.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:Bravo Limecat.

It would be great if we could minimise the personal attacks on this forum - difficult on a real time message board but it's up to the regulars to set the tone.
Probably best if we just ignore them completely....nobody wants this site to degenerate. There will always be agitators, just the nature of the beast on a real-time forum!

ps Just to clarify this - I don't recall having any run-ins with Ballyman on any other site...! I was as bemused as anyone else when I saw THAT message.. :roll: :lol:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

God I love my handbag.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:God I love my handbag.
Me too. I'd get one, but it doesn't match the big flowery dress I'm wearing.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Cheers Flash. Now my colleague is wondering why I just burst out laughing staring at my pc...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Cheers Flash. Now my colleague is wondering why I just burst out laughing staring at my pc...
Just tell her that somebody entered a withdrawal from chequing as opposed to cashsave account...... :wink:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Girls are so sly, my gf has just texted me to say that I'm not to waste my money on buying her a bunch of roses tomorrow. Clearly a trap. I've been around the block too many times to fall for that one.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:Girls are so sly, my gf has just texted me to say that I'm not to waste my money on buying her a bunch of roses tomorrow. Clearly a trap. I've been around the block too many times to fall for that one.
You're totally screwed Duff. If you get them, it won't be a surprise, so worthless. If you don't you're insensitive.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Girls are so sly, my gf has just texted me to say that I'm not to waste my money on buying her a bunch of roses tomorrow. Clearly a trap. I've been around the block too many times to fall for that one.
You're totally screwed Duff. If you get them, it won't be a surprise, so worthless. If you don't you're insensitive.
Yep. Not for the first time, she has me by the balls :lol:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd say flowers are the least of your worries - that's far too predictable. She's testing you. Have you done anything besides flowers? EG premier cinema tickets to that cinema where you can get wine and big comfy snogging chairs? Lingerie? Nice body lotion?

That's what she's after - not just the flowers!

Trust me on this one...it's the surprise we want...flowers are lovely, but verrrry predictable on Valentine's Day
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ckav wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: Lingerie?

Trust me on this one...it's the surprise we want
The only surprise Duff's missus got last year was catching him trying on her lingerie......