Booze

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

right you are then :lol:

back to topic, give me a list of beers i should try.
i don't trust Pascal after some of the stuff he made me try the last time :shock:
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:right you are then :lol:

back to topic, give me a list of beers i should try.
i don't trust Pascal after some of the stuff he made me try the last time :shock:
Depends what you like.....
1. Koninck - slightly ale like flavour, local brew, got to try it. about 5%. The Cuvee is also pretty good, but stronger at 7%
2.Corsendonk - one of Langer's favourites too.....comes in dark (PAter) and blonde (Agnus) both 8.5%.....careful there
3. Kwak - 9%, not bad, drink it for the glass....
4. Hoogaerden - nice white beer, very drinkable, 5%
5. Palm - if you can find it, as you know, its pretty good.
6. Chimay - like the blue, but red has a lot of fans too
7. Delirium Tremens - glass has flying pigs round the rim.....you'll soon understand why.....

You can also get Trappists which are excellent but potent - there's a nice Micro Brewery on the Vlaamse Kaai......

For a big session, I'd stick to Koninck or Hoogie......with the odd dip in Corsendonk.....otherwise you'll be toast by 10!!!!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

thanks Flash, i think i drank some of that Kwak stuff the last time, not bad at all.
the worst thing we drank was Rochefort 10 :shock:
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:thanks Flash, i think i drank some of that Kwak stuff the last time, not bad at all.
the worst thing we drank was Rochefort 10 :shock:
Yep, Rochefort is fockin dreadful stuff, stay well clear....of, sorry too late...! :wink:

I went to the Corsendonk Abbey (its just East of Antwerp). It was 33 degrees and they had long tressel tables with beer taps on each and were serving wonderful Corsendonk cheese. I woke up in a strange appartment clutching a bag of 30 apples......fock knows how..... :roll:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us