Booze

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

You're going to crack open a bottle of Hennessy for the Leinster game? Actually, for once, I'm impressed! :shock:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:You're going to crack open a bottle of Hennessy for the Leinster game? Actually, for once, I'm impressed! :shock:
already open but what can you do.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Leinsterman wrote:You're going to crack open a bottle of Hennessy for the Leinster game? Actually, for once, I'm impressed! :shock:
Any idea what the local brew is in and around Toulouse? any local concoctions to be wary of - usually come in small glasses smelling slightly like petrol (no Harry potter jokes please :) )?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

ribs wrote:
Any idea what the local brew is in and around Toulouse? any local concoctions to be wary of - usually come in small glasses smelling slightly like petrol (no Harry potter jokes please :) )?
I hope they have that Biere de Volcanes stuff - it's focking dynamite!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Absinthe is legal over there isn't it? If not, get someone to pick up a few bottles in Spain and we'll have the "trip" of a lifetime in Toulouse.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Leinsterman - that stuff is nasty. . . .If I can get my hands on it here, the best beer has to be SPEIGHTS, brewed in the South Island of New Zealand. . not readibly avaliable though so normally its the Black stuff.

Must get Apple Souze to pack the Keilys cocktail menu .. has the ingrediants for the Die Hard Brennans (amongst other poison). . .but then again no menu needed - Trevor said hed make us a 'proper' one in his own pub.

Might bring a bottle of Red Aftershock. . .always a winner. . .
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Absolutely Absinthe is lethal - hence the reason for getting my paws on it.

Red Aftershock - not too bad..... I'm sure we can bring over some equally nasty filth to get totalled on.

Flatliners are great - tequila ina shot glass - half filled, hen a line of Tabasco sauce, topped off with Sambucca - yummy!!!! Guaranteed to bring a tear to many peoples' eyes. :lol:
Big Deep Blue
Bookworm

Post by Big Deep Blue »

Have to agree with sheepshagger. Speights from Dunedin. It's the Pride of the South and a gold medal winner as well.
Where the blind leadeth the blind.....Get out of the way.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

John Boags is my favourite beer...Steinlager is a nice first swig but then oh sweet mother of divine, its putrid.
It has the worst hangover inducing quality...bleugh... :oops:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Steinlager. . . .thats why they call them steingranades!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I would like to point out that that Polish "beer" gives you a helluva throbbing head the following morning. No wonder they drink voddie the whole time..... :oops:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:I would like to point out that that Polish "beer" gives you a helluva throbbing head the following morning. No wonder they drink voddie the whole time..... :oops:
I was drinking Michelob in Bath - good stuff!
the_git
Graduate

Post by the_git »

I would like to point out that that Polish "beer" gives you a helluva throbbing head
Leinsterman,

If you see a Polish beer called Strong, check it out. It's around 9% and does exactly what it says on the tin. I had two pints of it before in Poland and was in bits.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Strong eh? Excellent - another top beer is Aventinus - German Dunkelbrau - 9% as well and blows the head off you.

I can't even remember what the hell I was drinking in Bath. Pride I think..... then back to Guinness for the sunday....... I think..... :oops:
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Booze

Post by ruck »

Flash Gordon wrote: My favourite beer is a tipple called Corsendonk from Belgium - come in light (Agnes) and dark (Pater), both come in at about 8.5% and are superb.
Must look that up when i'm in Antwerp next month. Although i will probably stick to Duvel. Palm is quite nice too.
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: My favourite beer is a tipple called Corsendonk from Belgium - come in light (Agnes) and dark (Pater), both come in at about 8.5% and are superb.
Must look that up when i'm in Antwerp next month. Although i will probably stick to Duvel. Palm is quite nice too.
Ruck? You going to Antwerp? Drop me a PM if you need any tips, I lived there for 5 years. Fockin brilliant place. You won't get much Palm, the local brew is De Koninck- which you order in Flemish as a "bollock".....I shoite thee not! Duvel is brewed in Breendonck just South of Antwerp - its ok, but a bit metallic in my book and its known for its hangover..... :cry:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

Flash Gordon wrote:
ruck wrote:
Ruck? You going to Antwerp? Drop me a PM if you need any tips, I lived there for 5 years. Fockin brilliant place. You won't get much Palm, the local brew is De Koninck- which you order in Flemish as a "bollock".....I shoite thee not! Duvel is brewed in Breendonck just South of Antwerp - its ok, but a bit metallic in my book and its known for its hangover..... :cry:
yup, going over there in march for a stag party. we're ok for tips - Pascal from MF.com is joining us :D i've no idea where we're staying, just gave him the details and he said it's even more dodgy than the place we stayed in brussells last year. (the place had no first floor, the buttons were even removed from the elevators too :lol: ). aparently it was used for money laundering.

and i certainly ain't putting a bollock in my mouth, that's ladyboy territory there :lol:
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
ruck wrote: Must look that up when i'm in Antwerp next month. Although i will probably stick to Duvel. Palm is quite nice too.
yup, going over there in march for a stag party. we're ok for tips - Pascal from MF.com is joining us :D i've no idea where we're staying, just gave him the details and he said it's even more dodgy than the place we stayed in brussells last year. (the place had no first floor, the buttons were even removed from the elevators too :lol: ). aparently it was used for money laundering.

and i certainly ain't putting a bollock in my mouth, that's ladyboy territory there :lol:
Unless you're biting of a sheeps bollock of course..... :wink:
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

Flash Gordon wrote: Unless you're biting of a sheeps bollock of course..... :wink:
such a basic error Flash, you disappoint me. Sheep don't have b*%&!cks, rams do 8)
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Unless you're biting of a sheeps bollock of course..... :wink:
such a basic error Flash, you disappoint me. Sheep don't have b*%&!cks, rams do 8)
To be honest Ruck, I'm quite proud I got that one wrong. No sheep grazing or shagging in D4! :wink: .....well, appart from a certain Kiwi blow in obviously, and I suspect his are inflatable.....