UCD or Trinity

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sewa wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:All those women following you around like puppy dogs and you'd rather be online with a load of blokes.
Mmm
Give us a kiss, Sewa!
Sorry Love your not my type.
Beggars can't be choosers.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: Give us a kiss, Sewa!
Sorry Love your not my type.
Not enough wool :lol:
Aye and we smell of Armani not turnip juice or slurry...... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote: Sorry Love your not my type.
Not enough wool :lol:
Your suit smells...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Not enough wool :lol:
Your suit smells...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably from the lobster I had on my 3 hour lunch......
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Flash Gordon wrote:
sewa wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Aye and we smell of Armani not turnip juice or slurry...... :wink:
Your suit smells...

So its a fishy smell and your not 100% whats causing it.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
sewa wrote: Your suit smells...

So its a fishy smell and your not 100% whats causing it.
Your coat is in the usual place..... :wink:
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: UCD or Trinity

Post by Darce »

Duff Paddy wrote:Isn't UCD great. Just look at the photo on the website - we've definitely got the best girls.

ur wan on the left is class. did i even need to say that?....ah f%~k it
Frustrated Fullback
Beginner

Post by Frustrated Fullback »

Couldn't get the points! Couldn't get the points!
I woulda gone to Trinity
Couldn't get the points!
Down with 10 man rugby!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

You can keep your points Fullback and we'll console ourselves with our superior affluence, hotter women, greater political contacts, membership of the old boys network, vastly superior rugby team etc etc.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Duff Paddy wrote:You can keep your points Fullback and we'll console ourselves with our superior affluence, hotter women, greater political contacts, membership of the old boys network, vastly superior rugby team etc etc.
'superior affluence': definitely not. You will be working for us some day, loser.

'Hotter women': in some cases yes, in someno, but at least ours can string a sentence together.

'Greater political contacts': tripe-Trinity vastly superior in this area.

'Vastly superior rugby team': they're all idiots who could only get the points for a dip. in sports science.

Basically, you all apply for Trinity, don't get the points, then pretend you're better. it's never gonna happen so accept it.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

cj wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:You can keep your points Fullback and we'll console ourselves with our superior affluence, hotter women, greater political contacts, membership of the old boys network, vastly superior rugby team etc etc.
'superior affluence': definitely not. You will be working for us some day, loser.

'Hotter women': in some cases yes, in someno, but at least ours can string a sentence together.

'Vastly superior rugby team': they're all idiots who could only get the points for a dip. in sports science.

Basically, you all apply for Trinity, don't get the points, then pretend you're better. it's never gonna happen so accept it.

Somebody is very bitter to have missed out on going to UCD! Enjoy your high points and all your geek mates and giving directions to Japanese tourists in Trinity. UCD is where all the cool people go - the Southside playground of the rich and the beautiful. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Come back to me when you've got a rugby team worthy of the name, enjoy relegation by the way.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Duff Paddy wrote:
cj wrote:

Somebody is very bitter to have missed out on going to UCD! Enjoy your high points and all your geek mates and giving directions to Japanese tourists in Trinity. UCD is where all the cool people go - the Southside playground of the rich and the beautiful. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Come back to me when you've got a rugby team worthy of the name, enjoy relegation by the way.
This is laughably pathetic.
'Playground of the rich and beautiful'. 'Beautiful' is questionable to say the least with some of those Mullingar red-headed heffers you have out there in DIT Belfield, and your daddies may be moderately well-off but you're going nowhere in life, except into his business to take it over. Pathetic. As for relegation, don't count your chickens yet sunshine.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

cj, if Trinity is better than UCD than why the fock has every Chief Justice and every Attorney General, since the foundation of the State, attended UCD?
cj
Graduate

UCD

Post by cj »

Listen, do u people seriously believe UCD is better than Trinity? Because if so you should talk to someone outside Ireland who knows which one is more prestigious and basically the place to go if u want to make it to the top. In the UK and Ireland the top universities are Oxford and Cambridge, and the next tier, as is commonly recognised by people who are not blinded by their biases, are University of Edinburgh, TCD, Durham, and maybe Bristol. UCD is way down the list, and everyone knows it. Say what you like but it's far more impressive to be a graduate of Trinity than UCD, if you have any ambition in life.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Add Warwick to that tier below Oxbridge as well actually. UCD would be about 5th tier, just to clarify.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

cj wrote:Add Warwick to that tier below Oxbridge as well actually. UCD would be about 5th tier, just to clarify.
Sorry dude, maybe 100 a years ago but Trinity has been trading on spent currency for as long as I've been alive. It has no reputation worth talking about in business, science, medicine, law or engineering. And now that it has closed down half of it's classics departments, it's really going down the shithole.

UCD graduates run this country in case you haven't realised.
cj
Graduate

Trinity

Post by cj »

Duff Paddy wrote:
cj wrote:Add Warwick to that tier below Oxbridge as well actually. UCD would be about 5th tier, just to clarify.
Sorry dude, maybe 100 a years ago but Trinity has been trading on spent currency for as long as I've been alive. It has no reputation worth talking about in business, science, medicine, law or engineering. And now that it has closed down half of it's classics departments, it's really going down the shithole.

UCD graduates run this country in case you haven't realised.
That's utter tripe, based on tribalism and ignorance. Trinity has a good if not great reputation in business - as good as UCD anyway, while in all the other areas you've mentioned Trinity is better. In Arts and Humanities, Trinity is uncomparably better. The Classics thing is disappointing, but I wouldn't know where to start with Arts in UCD - anyone with half a brain could get in, whereas it's an achievement in itself to get into Trinity. The courses are more varied and the standard is higher in Trinity, due to the higher calibre of students (they need to be to get in).

UCD graduates run the country ALONG WITH Trinity graduates, which is hardly surprising seeing as you have 50% more people studying in the place at any given time. But don't obscure the facts - Trinity is the best and most prestigious university in the country and UCD is second. And everything I said in my last posts is true today, not 100 years ago.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Having recruited across Europe, both the Dublin Universities rank fairly low in the European league table - in business studies they don't even register - Rotterdam, INSEAD, LSE, HEC, Lausane, etc are the schools that count.

I do think UCD wins on Affluence though - in my day 90% of first years were there for the roiding and the beer......

Trinity wins on baggy jumpers and Shinners however......
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:Having recruited across Europe, both the Dublin Universities rank fairly low in the European league table - in business studies they don't even register - Rotterdam, INSEAD, LSE, HEC, Lausane, etc are the schools that count.

I do think UCD wins on Affluence though - in my day 90% of first years were there for the roiding and the beer......

INSEAD is the big one where I work - all our senior managers bar none did their MBAs there.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Having recruited across Europe, both the Dublin Universities rank fairly low in the European league table - in business studies they don't even register - Rotterdam, INSEAD, LSE, HEC, Lausane, etc are the schools that count.

INSEAD is the big one where I work - all our senior managers bar none did their MBAs there.
COMAD and NCAD, for those with the soul of an artist :lol:
I have Bumbleflex