Clongowes Mafia - Manly posturing - Free socks - Is Ruck Gay

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Clongowes Mafia - Manly posturing - Free socks - Is Ruck Gay

Post by Donny B. »

Ah you must mean Mike Keating. Keatley played for 'tarf last season so that's why I thought you meant him.

Don't know too much about Keating, although as you say he's been scoring a few tries for Clontarf alright.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Ruck isn't gay cos he like the stade jersey.

He is gay cos he has sex with men.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Once i saw McFadden was in contention to play this weekend, i rushed on to see this thread. :lol:

sufice it to say I am extremely disappointed :( , can the mods unban the guy for the day? :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bosco wrote:Once i saw McFadden was in contention to play this weekend, i rushed on to see this thread. :lol:

sufice it to say I am extremely disappointed :( , can the mods unban the guy for the day? :lol:
The mods can't do anything I'm afraid as they're being held hostage by the Steamtrain since lunchtime.

Let's just say that if Drico fails that fitness test, things could get a little bit nasty!!!!! :?
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

McFadden to start at outhalf!!!!!!!!!!
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
The Bodfather
Beginner

Post by The Bodfather »

Does anyone remember when Clongowes had that scandal in the paper about paying off leinster selection committees to play their players?

apparently when Leinster refused a severed lions head was placed in Cheikas bed
salad
Learner

Rugby Playing Brothers

Post by salad »

tackle-bag wrote:Felipe and Manuel Contepomi
Jonny and Mark Wilkinson
Isitolo and Finau Maka
Rico and Hosea Gear
Henry and Robbie Paul (Henry got caps for England in RU while both are RL internationals for NZ)
Delon and Steffon Armitage (who I think may have an older brother who's also a pro)
Trevor and Ray Hogan
Denis and John Fogarty
James, David and Brian Blaney
Sean and Rory Lamont
John and Conor Muldoon
Damien and Daniel Browne
Matt and Brent Cockbain (Australian and Welsh internationals respectively)
Tyrone and George Smith (Tongan and Australian internationals respectively)
Mike and Tana Umaga (Samoan and NZ internationals respectively)
All the various Tuilagis (there are at least 4 of them who are pros if I'm not mistaken)
Rob and David Kearney (pushing it a little I know, but I suspect David will become a regular for Leinster in the future)

Would it be too harsh to say Anthony and Rosie Foley? :roll:
:lol: Comedy and it will never happen not so long as I'm living.
Last edited by salad on January 3rd, 2009, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Re: Rugby Playing Brothers

Post by ceemec »

salad wrote:
Jonny and Mark Wilkinson
Isitolo and Finau Maka
Rico and Hosea Gear
Henry and Robbie Paul (Henry got caps for England in RU while both are RL internationals for NZ)
Delon and Steffon Armitage (who I think may have an older brother who's also a pro)
Trevor and Ray Hogan
Denis and John Fogarty
Sean and Rory Lamont
John and Conor Muldoon
Damien and Daniel Browne
All the various Tuilagis (there are at least 4 of them who are pros if I'm not mistaken)
Rob and David Kearney (pushing it a little I know, but I suspect David will become a regular for Leinster in the future)

Sorry to hear you're ill.
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

Great to see Flash Gordon and Rob Carnage setting the pitch alight. If McFadden was playing we would've got the b.p., but such things will happen if we continue to field oiks in place of deserving Old Clongowlians.
A little known fact about JC (not Jerry, the other one. The nice Jewish boy) was that he was a top-level statistician. Where does the bible tell us this? Mark 6:30-44

His Poisson distribution skills were miraculous.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Let me get this straight, quesitons about ruck being gay are ok but comments about Peter Fitzgibbon aren't??
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

tones wrote:Let me get this straight, quesitons about ruck being gay are ok but comments about Peter Fitzgibbon aren't??
If Peter Fitzgibbon makes the comment about himself, as Ruck did, then fire away. However a referee hasn't appeared in person on a messageboard since Malcolm Changleng went onto the old Ulsterrugby official forum to explain some controversial decisions he made a few years ago.
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Dave Cahill wrote:
tones wrote:Let me get this straight, quesitons about ruck being gay are ok but comments about Peter Fitzgibbon aren't??
If Peter Fitzgibbon makes the comment about himself, as Ruck did, then fire away. However a referee hasn't appeared in person on a messageboard since Malcolm Changleng went onto the old Ulsterrugby official forum to explain some controversial decisions he made a few years ago.
Dave, to be fair, you've been known to say less than nice things about Francis. Does he post such things about himself here?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Danthefan wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Dave, to be fair, you've been known to say less than nice things about Francis. Does he post such things about himself here?
I wasn't aware that the cowardly or ignorant were minority groups whose characteristics were being used as a perjorative term.
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

You could equally apply that argument to gay people.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Danthefan wrote:You could equally apply that argument to gay people.

i agree
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

I don't particularly make a habit of using Downs as an insult myself but if you think it's alright for Ruck to be called gay I can't really see how you can be complaining for someone using Downs, based on those arguments.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Danthefan wrote:I don't particularly make a habit of using Downs as an insult myself but if you think it's alright for Ruck to be called gay I can't really see how you can be complaining for someone using Downs, based on those arguments.
yes, but I didn't call ruck gay, he asked 'was he gay'. Example, I don't mind being called gay, because there is nothing wrong with being gay, I don't mind being called DS, because there is nothing wrong with that either. But I would mind someone calling me gay, from the POV of them using it as a perjorative term, when it isn't. Same with the latter. The OP used DS as an insult because on some level he thinks that there is something inherently wrong with people who are Down Syndrome. There isn't.
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Ok, fair enough.
salad
Learner

Post by salad »

Donny B. wrote:Ah you must mean Mike Keating. Keatley played for 'tarf last season so that's why I thought you meant him.

Don't know too much about Keating, although as you say he's been scoring a few tries for Clontarf alright.
Just thought I'd bring this back up front. When are the 20's playing this season - wouldn't mind seeing a few of the backs in action. Potentially a few prospects for the Leinster next season on show?
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Re: Rugby Playing Brothers

Post by gleesonisgod »

salad wrote:
Jonny and Mark Wilkinson
Isitolo and Finau Maka
Rico and Hosea Gear
Trevor and Ray Hogan
Denis and John Fogarty
Sean and Rory Lamont
John and Conor Muldoon
Damien and Daniel Browne

Steamsalad what is your problem with CWC? Did one of them score your bird in Wesley while on weekend release? You clearly just out of school because no mature adult would be as petty as you.

Have a look at this vid, in particular "Dave"'s second try. You'll notice, just like Robert, Gordon and Fergus, I refer to him by his first name because that's a rule for our little organization.

http://www.irb.com/mm/Video/Tournament/ ... d_5799.wmv

David Moore, who made the break for that third try, left CWC after first year. Hope that doesn't taint your opinion of him.

Basically I'd be fairly confident "David" will go pro but I don't think he will enjoy the same success as "Robert". Personally I think Dave was better at schools level than Rob. Much calmer and much more solid in defence.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!