He lived to give.

VOTE ZOD !
http://www.zod2008.com/
http://generalzod28.wordpress.com/2011/ ... d-in-2012/
jenta
Beginner

Re: Clongowes Mafia - Manly posturing - Free socks - Is Ruck Gay

Post by jenta »

If there's socks being handed out I want in.

Quality thread by the way, either that lad's a genius or he's brought a serious amount of crazy to the party.
The only danger is if they send us to that dreadful planet of the apes. Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... that was our planet! You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to Hell!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: McFadden pressure group?

Post by Donny B. »

Leinster Exile wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
He's the bloody headmaster now!!

"So you think you're a hard-chaw yah????"

POC was head when i attended. I remember Flately telling a lad with an earring that he would put a skirt on him and throw him over the wall into St Pauls!
POC was the head in my time too. He wasn't the worst, but he had an unfortunate turn of phrase.

I was in his office and he was explaining why I was being suspended (for fighting or something, can't remember) but that he wasn't being vindicative and he said "Jim, I don't want to ride ye, I don't want to get on your back!"

"I should f**king hope not!!" I thought to myself as I struggled to keep a straight face!!! :lol:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Donny B. wrote:
POC was the head in my time too. He wasn't the worst, but he had an unfortunate turn of phrase.

I was in his office and he was explaining why I was being suspended (for fighting or something, can't remember) but that he wasn't being vindicative and he said "Jim, I don't want to ride ye, I don't want to get on your back!"

"I should f**king hope not!!" I thought to myself as I struggled to keep a straight face!!! :lol:
:shock:
Posting at 7.02 am on a Sunday morning after a heiniken cup match Donny? You serving early mass or something?
A proud Winsome Fluter
SaS
Bookworm

Post by SaS »

Donny B. wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:
Christ I don''t know how this weird thread bypassed me.
You Walkinstownonians discust me :o . At least you watch the games in a nice pub and not the feckin Kestrel or otherwise
At least we can spell, mind! :lol:

And I wouldn't be seen dead in the fecking Kestrel, the Half Way House for a pint of plain is your only man!!!!
Sorry, keep your Kestrel and Half Way House, the Village Inn is the best in 'town...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

:shock:
Posting at 7.02 am on a Sunday morning after a heiniken cup match Donny? You serving early mass or something?
Did I never tell you I'm an altar boy? :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

SaS wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:
You Walkinstownonians discust me :o . At least you watch the games in a nice pub and not the feckin Kestrel or otherwise

And I wouldn't be seen dead in the fecking Kestrel, the Half Way House for a pint of plain is your only man!!!!
Sorry, keep your Kestrel and Half Way House, the Village Inn is the best in 'town...
Not a bad boozer, but that's in Crumlin Village. We're talkin' Walkinstown here.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

SaS wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:

Yikes, thats some statement. Donny B is correct about the location. I have to admit the Pubs in Crumlin Village are not my cup of tea. I do agree the Kestrel is an awful dump.
SaS
Bookworm

Post by SaS »

Donny B. wrote:
SaS wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Not a bad boozer, but that's in Crumlin Village. We're talkin' Walkinstown here.
Crumlin Village is in Walkinstown!!!
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

SaS wrote:
Whaaaaaa ???????? Please do explain...........................
SaS
Bookworm

Post by SaS »

Leinster Exile wrote:
SaS wrote:
Well, Lisle Road is in Walkinstown, Village Inn is on Lisle Road, Lisle Road is also Crumlin Village qed...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

SaS wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:
SaS wrote:
Well, Lisle Road is in Walkinstown, Village Inn is on Lisle Road, Lisle Road is also Crumlin Village qed...
A response from a Crumlinian:

"It's nonsense. But it’s not as far fetched as you might think.

Lisle Road is absolutely in Crumlin. Anything past that is Walkinstown (library) etc.

The cut off point is anything beyond the back of the Church car park - so the good people of Lisle Road just about get to keep their street cred.

I’ve seen people give the address as ‘Lisle Road Crumlin’ which is fine, ‘Lisle Road Crumlin Village’ which, again, is fine and ‘Lisle Road Walkinstown’ which basically means you’ve got your own name plastered all over a Remax sign and are a c**t. :lol:

What really gets me though are the continuing disappearance of both Sundrive (Harold’s Cross!) and Perrystown (Templeogue!)."

So there you have it!!!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

did we get a definitive answer to the Ruck question?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Donny B. wrote:
A response from a Crumlinian:

"It's nonsense. But it’s not as far fetched as you might think.

Lisle Road is absolutely in Crumlin. Anything past that is Walkinstown (library) etc.

The cut off point is anything beyond the back of the Church car park - so the good people of Lisle Road just about get to keep their street cred.

I’ve seen people give the address as ‘Lisle Road Crumlin’ which is fine, ‘Lisle Road Crumlin Village’ which, again, is fine and ‘Lisle Road Walkinstown’ which basically means you’ve got your own name plastered all over a Remax sign and are a c**t. :lol:

What really gets me though are the continuing disappearance of both Sundrive (Harold’s Cross!) and Perrystown (Templeogue!)."

So there you have it!!!
I'll take your Perrystown/Templeogue and raise you Greentrees/Terenure
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:did we get a definitive answer to the Ruck question?
I was just about to ask the same thing, I don't think we ever did.
I have Bumbleflex
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
I'm still looking for free socks.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Racing Against Time
Learner

Post by Racing Against Time »

Slipper1 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
I'm still looking for free socks.
Jesus, WTF went on here. Anyway to get back to the thread title I would have to say I agree with yerman the looper - Steamtrain.

McFadden is very average at AIL and we could do a lot worse than hand out a contract to a sensational talent like Keatley in Clontarf.

McFadden is overhyped, arrogant and very akin to Darcy in his early days. A disruptive influence. He will most definitely not be getting a contract ahead of some of the front row players in the academy.

Lads get real here with this one - you're way overshooting.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Racing Against Time wrote: Jesus, WTF went on here. Anyway to get back to the thread title I would have to say I agree with yerman the looper - Steamtrain.

McFadden is very average at AIL and we could do a lot worse than hand out a contract to a sensational talent like Keatley in Clontarf.

McFadden is overhyped, arrogant and very akin to Darcy in his early days. A disruptive influence. He will most definitely not be getting a contract ahead of some of the front row players in the academy.

Is this the third coming of the Steamtrain, but trying to be a bit smarter this time and sound different? :P

For the last time, McFadden already has a full professional contract.

And no one on the original thread was actually over-hyping the guy. He played well against the Dragons and one poster jokingly suggested that a pressure group be started to get him playing more.
Then it was suggested that he might benefit for a game or two for the A team, at out-half. Hardly a revolutionary statement but enough to start the madness.

Ian Keatley is playing for Connacht now by the way, with decidedly mixed results - brilliant against us, dreadful against Ulster.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Donny B. wrote:
Is this the third coming of the Steamtrain, but trying to be a bit smarter this time and sound different? :P
The Darcy reference is the giveaway :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Racing Against Time
Learner

Post by Racing Against Time »

Donny B. wrote:
Racing Against Time wrote: Jesus, WTF went on here. Anyway to get back to the thread title I would have to say I agree with yerman the looper - Steamtrain.

For the last time, McFadden already has a full professional contract.

And no one on the original thread was actually over-hyping the guy. He played well against the Dragons and one poster jokingly suggested that a pressure group be started to get him playing more.
Then it was suggested that he might benefit for a game or two for the A team, at out-half. Hardly a revolutionary statement but enough to start the madness.

Ian Keatley is playing for Connacht now by the way, with decidedly mixed results - brilliant against us, dreadful against Ulster.
Keating is that yermans name. Was very good from what I've seen of him in AIL. Much better than McFadden.

Why aren't these lads being signed - top of thw table and scoring tries for fun. And Grumpy I'm definitely not the same person.