Drunk Posting

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Drunk Posting

Postby Disquieting Presence » April 6th, 2009, 10:46 am

rookie wrote:
A mock up. You're right, the asymetrical collar looked rough. Don't like the above collar either much. i'd like something like the ccc collar except without the melting, asymetrical lisp on it



Ahhhhhhh????? Yeeeeeeeehhhhhh?????. Sometimes we don't appreciate how lucky we are, Melt on!! :?


Is that not some forum rule that you're not allowed to post when drunk?
User avatar
Disquieting Presence
Bookworm
 
Posts: 189
Joined: April 2nd, 2009, 1:29 pm

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby BlueArmyOriginal » April 6th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Disquieting Presence wrote:
rookie wrote:
A mock up. You're right, the asymetrical collar looked rough. Don't like the above collar either much. i'd like something like the ccc collar except without the melting, asymetrical lisp on it



Ahhhhhhh????? Yeeeeeeeehhhhhh?????. Sometimes we don't appreciate how lucky we are, Melt on!! :?


Is that not some forum rule that you're not allowed to post when drunk?

No it's quietly welcomed really. If you scroll thru the threads around the time we won the Grand Slam you'll see some epic drunk posting! :D
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
User avatar
BlueArmyOriginal
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 12:32 am

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby RoboProp » April 6th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Did some drunk posting myself during Six Nations. But you could not tell in fact I probably speak less sho1te drunk! :lol:
Get up on your feet, don't look so obsolete and thrash like an athlete
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby tones » April 7th, 2009, 10:06 am

Suisse came out with an absolute belter!!
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
User avatar
tones
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6126
Joined: July 21st, 2006, 5:35 pm
Location: In a glass case of Emotion

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby RoboProp » April 7th, 2009, 8:15 pm

tones wrote:Suisse came out with an absolute belter!!


That was the best drunk posting ever. Was kinda jealous of it! Dang my high tolerance for alcohol!
Get up on your feet, don't look so obsolete and thrash like an athlete
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby BlueArmyOriginal » April 8th, 2009, 2:09 am

RoboProp wrote:
tones wrote:Suisse came out with an absolute belter!!


That was the best drunk posting ever. Was kinda jealous of it! Dang my high tolerance for alcohol!

Yeah it was a dead-cert hall-of-famer, in the 'Thank You' or 'Grand Slam' threads IIRC. :clap:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
User avatar
BlueArmyOriginal
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 12:32 am

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 8th, 2009, 11:58 am

There was this one - it starts off well but deteriorates nicely towards the end.

But I think theres a better one

suisse wrote:Tears in your eyes.....

Legends all.....

Delighted to say I saw an Irish Grand Slam.

Just wish I could take more beer. Temple Bar, Wexford Street and Pravda..... too much for me..........................................................

Well done ye boyods......

delightrd foy ye all

cant wait to read the british press tomorroe partivularly the irresplacable stephe jones in sunday tnmes and jerry guscot. though thet bernard dunne fight was class and won some money with that one wtoo.
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6521
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby limecat » April 8th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Grumpy Old Man wrote:There was this one - it starts off well but deteriorates nicely towards the end.

But I think theres a better one

suisse wrote:Tears in your eyes.....

Legends all.....

Delighted to say I saw an Irish Grand Slam.

Just wish I could take more beer. Temple Bar, Wexford Street and Pravda..... too much for me..........................................................

Well done ye boyods......

delightrd foy ye all

cant wait to read the british press tomorroe partivularly the irresplacable stephe jones in sunday tnmes and jerry guscot. though thet bernard dunne fight was class and won some money with that one wtoo.


this one?

viewtopic.php?p=259344#p259344
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 8th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Then there was this one.

suisse wrote:i;d ;lile to thank alltyhose whop intoedodiced me to to the game of rugby right now.

today is special day for/.......

thanl you al;l


:idea:

I think this probably deserves a thread of it's own, a sort of drunk posting hall of fame.

edit - Thanks limecat!
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6521
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: IRFU sign deal with Puma

Postby limecat » April 8th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Then there was this one.

suisse wrote:i;d ;lile to thank alltyhose whop intoedodiced me to to the game of rugby right now.

today is special day for/.......

thanl you al;l


:idea:

I think this probably deserves a thread of it's own, a sort of drunk posting hall of fame.

edit - Thanks limecat!


I was tempted to call it the Suisse "Drunk Post" Appreciation Thread
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby sarah_lennon » April 8th, 2009, 12:09 pm

There have been some great ones down the years. Duff was a great source of them. And remember Hickiefan's toast posts.... happy times!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 8th, 2009, 12:10 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:There have been some great ones down the years. Duff was a great source of them. And remember Hickiefan's toast posts.... happy times!!


If anyone can find them, stick 'em in here!
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6521
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby sarah_lennon » April 8th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby ceemec » April 8th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Where have all those posters gone that contributed to that thread? I know some of them reside on PR but several seem to have disappeared entirely.
User avatar
ceemec
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6791
Joined: April 23rd, 2006, 7:08 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby Hickiefan » April 8th, 2009, 12:49 pm

sarah_lennon wrote: And remember Hickiefan's toast posts.... happy times!!

:oops: I have vague recollections - there may have been some nose typing :lol:
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
User avatar
Hickiefan
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8650
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 10:48 am
Location: Behind Leinster all the way

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby sarah_lennon » April 8th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 8th, 2009, 12:54 pm

For posterity - it also reads better when taken out of context :wink:

Hickiefan wrote:
Please bare in minf that I may or may not be inebrtiated
Favourite sports team (apart from Leinster): 98 c5434opqhe r58ty
Favourite band: u`2
Favourite place to holiday: ey6 67o94rl
Favourite perfume/cologne: ekijhy
Favourit Film:
col8or -85loe

Suspect project not a success. Suspect that when have to clpese one eye to attempt focus less good,. Oh dear. :shock:

My nose is a bit shite generally though - should not be susprosed at its crapness for typing.

I dentify problem as A) perhaps slightly drunk... B)trying to type withn nose - bad idea while sobar-worse when not - c) Stubby noses not much good for anything and def not typing (see above).
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6521
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby suisse » April 8th, 2009, 5:44 pm

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
tones wrote:Suisse came out with an absolute belter!!


That was the best drunk posting ever. Was kinda jealous of it! Dang my high tolerance for alcohol!

Yeah it was a dead-cert hall-of-famer, in the 'Thank You' or 'Grand Slam' threads IIRC. :clap:


:oops:

Ah jeysus lads, what are you doing to me?

Although it is nice to have a hall-of-fame award. Certainly beats the "merit" or "endeavour" awards in horse jumping at Broadmeadows back in the primary school days. An award for the sake of an award, for someone rubbish.

I think epaddy had some sweet examples previously too.
User avatar
suisse
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby Eve » April 8th, 2009, 6:46 pm

Grumpy Old Man wrote:For posterity - it also reads better when taken out of context :wink:

Hickiefan wrote:
Please bare in minf that I may or may not be inebrtiated
Favourite sports team (apart from Leinster): 98 c5434opqhe r58ty
Favourite band: u`2
Favourite place to holiday: ey6 67o94rl
Favourite perfume/cologne: ekijhy
Favourit Film:
col8or -85loe

Suspect project not a success. Suspect that when have to clpese one eye to attempt focus less good,. Oh dear. :shock:

My nose is a bit shite generally though - should not be susprosed at its crapness for typing.

I dentify problem as A) perhaps slightly drunk... B)trying to type withn nose - bad idea while sobar-worse when not - c) Stubby noses not much good for anything and def not typing (see above).


That's still the best
Summer is ready when you are

Image
User avatar
Eve
Mullet Moderator
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: January 25th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Re: Drunk Posting

Postby Hickiefan » April 9th, 2009, 9:22 am

I can't remember the toast one... and it's not coming up on a search (thankfully). I was afraid of what might come back to haunt me... :oops:
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
User avatar
Hickiefan
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8650
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 10:48 am
Location: Behind Leinster all the way

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests