for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschool »

ceemec wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
ceemec wrote:I'd like to add blokes that wear scarves indoors. They deserve such a kick in the swiss.
Wait til yer older and get a stiff neck yerself and then see do you still feel the same way - The youth of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Wasn't referring to the elders of this world OS. More the twenty somethings and students who have scarves knotted around their neck whilst wearing a t-shirt in a crowded pub.

Also, people who only start looking for their bank card or bus/train fare when they get to the top of the queue. It's usually women (there...I said it) and it drives me f*cking bananas!!
Ah yes.
Umm, perhaps I'd better get my money out now and think about paying the fare.
After all all these nice people, in the queue behind me, are in a hurry, oh silly me!!!!!
I wonder would they mind, if I get rid of all this change in my purse.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ceemec wrote:
gfo wrote:Katherine Lynch
A good choice.

Also, whoever in RTE thinks she deserved a show of her own. Or the person that chooses so many of the shocking programmes that are put on our screens. Seriously....do they actually think these will be a success? Morons.
Agreed! Painfully, painfully unfunny. Once again shows that in a country brimming with comedic talent, RTE has the remarkable ability to pick out the worst, most talentless people and give them their own shows.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

"The Emergency" is also painfully dire. It's almost like a "high brow" version of the shite they do on the likes of FM104 and 98FM in the mornings.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

It's Friiiiiiiday

So mine today is

when you get off a DART or whatever and someone is really, really desperate to get in front of you and cuts across you. Only to slow down as soon as they've done it so you nearly go into the back of them.

I love this thread, so much cheaper than therapy!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Junkies! They're like human pigeons and one of them is always on crutches!

Feckers in the gym who don't carry a towel. You lot suck!

Men with satchels...emh lads it's a purse FFS!

Pedestrians who run out in front of you when the bloody crossing is ten metres away!

Do the rants have to be saved for Friday?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Pathetic people who grieve when celebrities die, despite not being friends with them. Also known as the “Diana Disease”. Extreme cases are called the “Liverpool Strain”.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

RoboProp wrote: Do the rants have to be saved for Friday?

Preferably yes. If the rant is stored over a period of time, it helps make you more bitter and twisted.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Leinsterman wrote: Also known as the “Diana Disease”. Extreme cases are called the “Liverpool Strain”.
Hi Boris
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

sarah_lennon wrote: when you get off a DART or whatever and someone is really, really desperate to get in front of you and cuts across you. Only to slow down as soon as they've done it so you nearly go into the back of them.
People who do this in cars (usually blokes)..... make a made dash to pull out of an adjoining junction to get in front of you only to drive slower than you were going. :evil:
Last edited by T.C.B. on June 26th, 2009, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

ceemec wrote: Also, people who only start looking for their bank card or bus/train fare when they get to the top of the queue. It's usually women (there...I said it) and it drives me f*cking bananas!!
Oldschool wrote:Ah yes.
Umm, perhaps I'd better get my money out now and think about paying the fare.
After all all these nice people, in the queue behind me, are in a hurry, oh silly me!!!!!
I wonder would they mind, if I get rid of all this change in my purse.

This one does my NUT & it's ALWAYS women & they ALWAYS have to root around in the oversized handbang looking for the fare! :evil: :evil:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

T.C.B. wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: when you get off a DART or whatever and someone is really, really desperate to get in front of you and cuts across you. Only to slow down as soon as they've done it so you nearly go into the back of them.
People who do this in cars (usually blokes).....

:happy clapper:

Testify Sister!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

T.C.B. wrote: People who do this in cars (usually blokes)..... make a made dash to pull out of an adjoining junction to get in front of you only to drive slower than you were going. :evil:
Well of course it’s men who do that. Everybody knows that a woman won’t even pull out into a junction and will sit there all day waiting to inch out while a mile of traffic builds up behind her.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Excuse me; I think you'll find I'm the one who is fishing here.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Leinsterman wrote:
T.C.B. wrote: People who do this in cars (usually blokes)..... make a made dash to pull out of an adjoining junction to get in front of you only to drive slower than you were going. :evil:
Well of course it’s men who do that. Everybody knows that a woman won’t even pull out into a junction and will sit there all day waiting to inch out while a mile of traffic builds up behind her.
Women have no problem reversing around a round-about though when they miss their exit :roll:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Avenger wrote:
Women have no problem reversing around a round-about though when they miss their exit :roll:
WTF, a womAn maybe, not WomEn.

Anyway if this is going to turn into a woman/man drivers thread, I am splitting it.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Avenger wrote:
WTF, a womAn maybe, not WomEn.

Anyway if this is going to turn into a woman/man drivers thread, I am splitting it.
Well, in fairness to women, that's not the stupidest thing I've seen a motorist doing.

Where the Naas road intersects with the Long mile / Nanger road (I think its called) there is inbound, outbound and the luas line. Some genius decided he was gonna run a red light but only made it half way across and was stuck on the luas line. Sure enough, a luas came along and what does he do? Tried to reverse back out into oncoming traffic.

So there you go. All sorts of gobshites on our roads... men and women.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

You should work for the UN.

:wink:
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

People who leave their ringtones on in the office. :x :x Muppets

Boyracers (Brainless idiots), People who wear sunglasses indoors or in the depths of winter (posers) and skangers with their socks over their tracksuit bottoms and/or with mullets (you look effin ridiculous).
Last edited by dipper on June 26th, 2009, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Women drivers

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

The use of "do-gooder" as an insult. In what world is looking to help people worthy of scorn? A deeply, deeply screwed one I reckon.

"Look at them trying to feed the homeless/raise awareness about AIDS/raise money for the childrens hospital. Focken do-gooders should mind their own business!"
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!