Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: Friday's rant

Postby domhnallj » August 7th, 2017, 10:44 am

johng wrote:I drove from Perpignan to Nice last week. They are far worse. Greeks worse again. Italians...... But Rome takes the top honour of places I've driven. Maniacs doesn't come close.

We need a new scale. STARTING at maniac.

I'm not allowed to drive in Italy - I start at road rage and escalate from there.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey

Postby rooster » August 7th, 2017, 9:58 pm

johng wrote:I drove from Perpignan to Nice last week. They are far worse. Greeks worse again. Italians...... But Rome takes the top honour of places I've driven. Maniacs doesn't come close.

The Rome drivers are first rate safe drivers compared to those in Naples, you haven't driven till you have driven through it. Then there is India, best not even try
rooster
Girvan Dempsey

Postby cormac » August 8th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Portuguese are god-awful drivers too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Postby johng » August 8th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Never quite made it to Naples. Furthest south I have driven in Italy is about half way between Rome and Naples. Never been to India and probably wouldn't consider driving there. Driven a fair bit in Portugal and Spain without any issues. Maybe just lucky.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby Dave Cahill » August 8th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Palermo makes Rome look scandanavian
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby cormac » August 8th, 2017, 8:02 pm

johng wrote:Never quite made it to Naples. Furthest south I have driven in Italy is about half way between Rome and Naples. Never been to India and probably wouldn't consider driving there. Driven a fair bit in Portugal and Spain without any issues. Maybe just lucky.

Road deaths per 100,000 inhabitants

India 16.6
USA 10.6
Greece 9.1
Portugal 7.8
Italy 6.1
Ireland 4.1
Spain 3.7
UK 2.9
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Postby rooster » August 18th, 2017, 11:41 am

domhnallj wrote:

I'm not allowed to drive in Italy - I start at road rage and escalate from there.
For flips sake man that is prime Italian driving, wave hands, make gestures and honk your horn, they will think you are a local.
rooster
Girvan Dempsey

Previous

Return to General Chat