Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Friday's rant

Post by fourthirtythree »

The very men.

Now imagine a society so slavishly devoted to spectacle that it would make one of them a political leader...

And reread JG Ballard's classic 1968ish "Why I want to f%~k Ronald Reagan" and remind yourself that this sh!t has been going on, just like this though maybe wrapped up in a different sandwich, since before we were born.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:Because the Mango Mussolini delivers eyeballs - even if those eyeballs are there to gawk at the emperor with no clothes - because anyone calling the media left wing or activist or whatever hasn't a clue at all about media, ownership, and money. What it is mostly made up of is clickwhores. And clickwhores are pimped out to the most awful opinions because people love being outraged/angry/masturbated/told it's someone else's fault/made to feel superior/made to feel like they should be treated like they are superior/made to feel like they aren't being treated better than other people... Newspapers have had resident trolls for years. No matter how poor their prose, their reasoning, their command of facts are, they drive sales/readership/clicks. So it goes.

That said I can't imagine why anyone would have watched that. It must have been brain freezingly boring. But then I feel the exact same way about the Oscars etc.
You can't beat experience.
As you get older you realise time is precious and you try to waste less of it on "Reality TV"
In this case I reckon I watched about 10 minutes.
I min to TV3.
6 min to Sky news (They are going to love President Trump)
3 min to RTE news.
Saw virtually none of the inauguration speech but felt sorry and happy for the Obamas as they got into their helicopter to whisk them away to freedom.
RTE news was the best bit. Two Americans living/working (certainly one of them) in Ireland, one a Democrat, the other a Republican - both getting behind THEIR president and being positive (or trying at least).
That's the message the rest of the world needs to get and accept - He's THEIR president.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

My hands are cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:My hands are cold

How are the feet?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:My hands are cold

How are the feet?
No longer rant worthy, and that's a good thing :D
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

#spicerfacts good grief this lad is in a couple of days and arguing over numbers of people at his inauguration and claiming he never gave out about the intelligence services, all media fabrication apparently. Its like nonsense coming from comical Ali in the 2nd gulf war.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

There's a book apparently (I've never read it) entitled "The genius of George W Bush". There's a good reason I've not read it as it is my firm opinion that he couldn't find his arse with two hands. However, Trump is dismantling the Affordable Health Care act which will immediately place 18 million people at risk and with no health insurance. Meanwhile the world debates/argues/laughs at the number of people at Trumps inauguration. I think there's room for a sequel.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Just realised that the euro rugby final is on the same day as my goddaughters communion. Who schedules these things?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

domhnallj wrote:Just realised that the euro rugby final is on the same day as my goddaughters communion. Who schedules these things?
EPCR strikes again. :wink:
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

domhnallj wrote:Just realised that the euro rugby final is on the same day as my goddaughters communion. Who schedules these things?
Franno?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Priest's it's the only power they have left.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschool wrote:
EPCR strikes again. :wink:
Targeting the Irish fans again - typical
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Head on chopping block here but €60m is about to be poured down the drain in luring people back to rural Irish towns not fit to support its population.
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:Head on chopping block here but €60m is about to be poured down the drain in luring people back to rural Irish towns not fit to support its population.
tis all about the Rural vote.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

[quote="Peg Leg"]Head on chopping block here but €60m is about to be poured down the drain in luring people back to rural Irish towns not fit to support its population
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:Head on chopping block here but €60m is about to be poured down the drain in luring people back to rural Irish towns not fit to support its population.
It'll be a lot more.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Is that the entire tax take for last year, from the vulture funds operating here?

Sarcasm alert
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Beware the term "vulture fund", the front page headline title for the business sections "investors"
Daniel Sullivan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Peg Leg wrote:Beware the term "vulture fund", the front page headline title for the business sections "investors"
Is this an alternative fact :?:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The whole vulture fund thing is a huge cover up.
Official Ireland and our wonderful media are responsible for the cover up.
Official Ireland is responsible for the damage being done to our people not the vulture funds.