Box Sets... The Next One ???

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Box Sets... The Next One ???

Post by Mackman15 »

A little know one for you all - Damages.

Glenn Close as an evil bit4h lawyer in a who-done-it.

Certainly the first series keeps your attention, 2nd dip albeit slightly and the 3rd is airing at the moment on rte 2 late night on a tuesday.

The difficulty with it is that if you miss any of it, you're out, screwed completely.

Suffice to say that the first series (13 or so eps) turned literally on one sentence that you heard early and it was repeated on countless occassions in flashbacks, yet didn't understand its significance until the final 30 seconds of the final epsd.........
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Watching season one of the Sons of Anarchy. Enjoying it thus far.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

I decided to watch the first episode of Damages, was interesting. I might keep going.
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Any one have a look at Underbelly ?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

RnR wrote:Any one have a look at Underbelly ?

Yes, watched it on F:X last year. Absolutely awesome.

Speaking of which, Carl Williams was killed in jail on Monday!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

RoboProp wrote:Watching season one of the Sons of Anarchy. Enjoying it thus far.
I saw a trailer for that on TV last night, not sure which channel.. but I did think it looked worth a watch.

These have been mentioned before but I loved Firefly and Battlestar Galactica (so far, 3 seasons watched) for my sci fi dose. They're more like drama in a sci fi setting rather than futuristic/outer space malarky for the sake of it. In my top 5, along with Sopranos, The Wire and Dexter.
Dont Panic!
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Ah Firelfy! EPIC! BSG Started off well but diluted down a bit too much for me and there was way too much focus on Starbuck.

If you haven't seen them (and you like a bit of Aaron Sorkin of West Wing fame) Studio 60 on Sunset Stip. Brillint, just brilliant. And the lesser known and harder to find series "Sports Night"

Life on Mars (UK edition) someone mentioned it before and I just wanted to endorse it!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Skinfull wrote:Ah Firelfy! EPIC! BSG Started off well but diluted down a bit too much for me and there was way too much focus on Starbuck.

If you haven't seen them (and you like a bit of Aaron Sorkin of West Wing fame) Studio 60 on Sunset Stip. Brillint, just brilliant. And the lesser known and harder to find series "Sports Night"

Life on Mars (UK edition) someone mentioned it before and I just wanted to endorse it!
Loved Life on Mars too. Haven't seen Ashes to Ashes but plan to, any views of how it compares with L on M?
Dont Panic!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Yup, watched both seasons (is there a third? planned?) on a recommendation from here. Brilliant TV.
Leinsterman wrote:Speaking of which, Carl Williams was killed in jail on Monday!
Cool! You forget that it's based (reasonably closely, by most accounts) on real events. Nuts!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dexter wrote:
Skinfull wrote:Ah Firelfy! EPIC! BSG Started off well but diluted down a bit too much for me and there was way too much focus on Starbuck.

Loved Life on Mars too. Haven't seen Ashes to Ashes but plan to, any views of how it compares with L on M?
Downloaded the 1st 3 or 4 episodes of S3. Haven't watched Series one yet :oops: Just the very first ep. Looked good though.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Dexter wrote:

I watched the pilot it was terrible! Then I persevered and watched teh first 2 eps and it just didnt sit well with me. Have a friend who loves it though so who knows.
Thought it wasa poor mans effort to drag the series out though.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Last edited by R-Dog on April 23rd, 2010, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Leinsterman wrote:

Underbelly is very good, Have a look at the youtube clip showing the actors and the real people they play...some are a little too alike for comfort

Season 3 is set in kings cross with a good few characters from season 2 featuring, first few episodes have been show in oz think 11th april was the 1st episode one....just a week before carl williams gets killed in prison

Anyone know of a link to watch season 3?

I
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Underbelly Golden Mile is into its 3rd week on channel 9 in Oz and is topping the Wednesday night ratings so far (I expect the ratings to go through the roof now that Carl Williams is dead). It's on Freeview/terrestrial TV so a good chance you'll find a link somewhere for it.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

R-Dog wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:

Underbelly is very good, Have a look at the youtube clip showing the actors and the real people they play...some are a little too alike for comfort

Season 3 is set in kings cross with a good few characters from season 2 featuring, first few episodes have been show in oz think 11th april was the 1st episode one....just a week before carl williams gets killed in prison

Anyone know of a link to watch season 3?

I
Step 1 Go to any torrent site.
Step 2 Type in Underbelly.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Edit: fecked up the quote structure.

Found a Great torrent of S1 &2 uncut. It's 8nahalf gigs though. Will take a few days. But you can prioritise the 1st few. The 1st 3 epps of s3 are everywhere, and epp 4 is on Sunday in Oz, so should be up before we go to bed on Sunday.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Just watched the Pilot of a show called Spartacus, Blood and Sand, its soooo cheesey, currently downloading next 10 episodes :D
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The Mighty Boosh! class!
Dont Panic!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Bosco wrote:Just watched the Pilot of a show called Spartacus, Blood and Sand, its soooo cheesey, currently downloading next 10 episodes :D
Throw a review up when you can. I've downloaded them but doubt I'll get time to watch for a while yet.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

R-Dog wrote:Season 3 is set in kings cross with a good few characters from season 2 featuring, first few episodes have been show in oz think 11th april was the 1st episode one
Cheers for that! The episode list is on Wikipedia
R-Dog wrote:Anyone know of a link to watch season 3?
Dunno about watching, but if you search for underbelly.the.golden.mile.s03e01e02 on your favourite torrent site, or newsgroups provider, you'll likely find a copy in a format you like! I wouldn't know for sure, obviously!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"