Podcasts

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: Podcasts

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » August 1st, 2019, 11:58 am

While this thread is absolutely hopping during this rugby hiatus...I'd recommend 13 minutes to the moon.
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Jennings

Postby tomthefan » September 26th, 2019, 9:52 am

In the latest rug pod podcast with andy goode and BIG jim hamilton someone sent in this question.
Which would you rather be facing, 100 duck size billy vunipolas or one billy vunipola size duck? :lol:
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Postby Twist » November 10th, 2019, 7:01 pm

suisse wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Yet another high-grade rugby discussion on the Molecast #25. Three lads who know their rugby and analyse the prospects and reports without bias. 50 mins plus of intelligent analysis without ego.

Big fan of the Molecast. If I had one recommendation, it would be for a slightly shorter pod. The guys are super knowledgeable but it was down to, say, 35-40 mins, the content would be unreal. I usually find that after the 40 minute mark I start to lose focus

Im fine with longer pods but Id like if they introduced themselves at the start. I havent a clue what their names are so when they reference someone by name I sometimes dont know if theyre talking about the other guys on the pod
Twist
Enlightened

Postby hugonaut » November 11th, 2019, 9:02 am

Twist wrote:
suisse wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Yet another high-grade rugby discussion on the Molecast #25. Three lads who know their rugby and analyse the prospects and reports without bias. 50 mins plus of intelligent analysis without ego.

Big fan of the Molecast. If I had one recommendation, it would be for a slightly shorter pod. The guys are super knowledgeable but it was down to, say, 35-40 mins, the content would be unreal. I usually find that after the 40 minute mark I start to lose focus

Im fine with longer pods but Id like if they introduced themselves at the start. I havent a clue what their names are so when they reference someone by name I sometimes dont know if theyre talking about the other guys on the pod

It's all part of the mystique ...
hugonaut
Rob Kearney

Postby Twist » November 11th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Who said that?
Twist
Enlightened

Postby The Doc » November 11th, 2019, 3:16 pm

"They seek him here, they seek him there...."
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Peg Leg » November 11th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Twist wrote:Who said that?
If anyone was to answer that, they would be a mole.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby Twist » November 13th, 2019, 2:34 pm

Anyone listen to/read Three Red Kings? Obviously it's focussed on Munster but I find his stuff to be very good, in a Murray Kinsella-vein. Anyway, he's now doing pods on the other three provinces entitled 4PP. Worth a listen.
Twist
Enlightened

Postby The Doc » November 15th, 2019, 5:48 pm

suisse wrote:

Ah lads - stop listening to this fella. It was fine as it was :-)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby paddyor » November 15th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Tides of History with Patrick Wyman is brilliant. Bounces a long at a fair auld clip and covers a lot of ground in an hour. Mostly focusedd on the emerging states of the late middle ages. Episodes on early banking, renaissance Italy and the Italian wars were brilliant.

Our Fake History delves into myths(epsidoe on Thesesus and the Minotaur is kind of mind blowing), tropes of history(Were the dark ages really the dark ages?) and actual history like who built the pyramids. If you like QI you'll like it.

Revolutions by Mike Duncan(History of Rome fame) covering various revolutions, I'm listening to series 3 which covers the lesser known mid 19th century revolutions in Europe(Hungary, France & Italy). He knows his craft.

Fall of civilisations is currently my favorite though it's like 1 a month. Covered the Bronze age collapse, the Sumerians, Vikings of Green land and a lot more.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly

Previous

Return to General Chat