The Recession Busting Thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: The Recession Busting Thread

Post by Peg Leg »

Bonza Pies in the Ilac- boxes of nine pies made to order ready for freezing are a bleedin steal!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Toulon rugby jersey going for €25 in TK Maxx Carickmines, not a whole lot of them there and I realise they're probably changing for the new season but it's a good price for a decent looking jersey which if nothing else is comfortable and durable for running/cycling/gym etc.
Last edited by TerenureJim on August 22nd, 2011, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Guess everyone has a different definition of 'decent looking jersey' !
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

People wear other team's jerseys? :shock: Can't even muster the urge to buy ours for the last few years.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

johng wrote:People wear other team's jerseys? :shock: Can't even muster the urge to buy ours for the last few years.
Personally have more Leinster jerseys to wear that I know what to do with :oops: Won't be buying another teams anytime soon.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sheepshagger wrote:
johng wrote:People wear other team's jerseys? :shock: Can't even muster the urge to buy ours for the last few years.
Personally have more Leinster jerseys to wear that I know what to do with :oops: Won't be buying another teams anytime soon.
I was really only trying to let people know there's cheap gear on the go as there are a few who post who like their jersey collections. I'll agree that the Leinster options have mostly been muck for the last few seasons.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

TerenureJim wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
I was really only trying to let people know there's cheap gear on the go as there are a few who post who like their jersey collections. I'll agree that the Leinster options have mostly been muck for the last few seasons.
I think that's a nice jersey TJ. Don't let sheepshagger browbeat you with his enormous closet full of money and vintage Leinster kit!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

hugonaut wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
I think that's a nice jersey TJ. Don't let sheepshagger browbeat you with his enormous closet full of money and vintage Leinster kit!
:lol: Jasus Hugo you are fierce good at the humour today.

Each to his own on the clothing front.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

johng wrote: Each to his own on the clothing front.
Agreed - am confused trying to understand the last few posts :?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Ikea are doing 40 meatballs with all the trimmings for a fiver between 19-23 September . . . .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

For those with open fires in their homes

I have one of these and use it regularly - I have been making and storing the logs for the winter. I make mine out of newspaper, envelopes, letters and office type paper. I try not to use magazines etc as they are shiny and dont adsorb the water well and can fall apart. My sister makes hers from shredded paper from her office.

I leave mine to soak in hot water for 24 hours and then let dry out for a few days. If you want the logs to burn longer burn them soon after making them.

http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?_nkw=paper+b ... m270.l1313

http://ecostore.ie/featured-products/di ... 5bnjuj4oa1

With a little elbow grease you can have free heat.
Cheers Ian
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Tesco have bottles of Tattinger (were €60) down to €25...perfect champagne for champagne rugby 8)
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

sheepshagger wrote:Tesco have bottles of Tattinger (were €60) down to €25...perfect champagne for champagne rugby 8)
Oooh.... sounds nice.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Tattinger back at €25 a bottle at Tesco....with their current 25% off when you buy more than six bottles of wine/bubbly offer makes them €18 a bottle.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

sheepshagger wrote:Tattinger back at €25 a bottle at Tesco....with their current 25% off when you buy more than six bottles of wine/bubbly offer makes them €18 a bottle.
Yes this is very good indeed
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sheepshagger wrote:Tattinger back at €25 a bottle at Tesco....with their current 25% off when you buy more than six bottles of wine/bubbly offer makes them €18 a bottle.
More of a Bollinger or Moet man myself, but on the subject of champagne Baggott Wines (it's the old Odd Bins on Baggot St beside Donnybrook Fair) seem to generally have good offers on good branded champagne (i.e. not Mumms etc.)
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

sheepshagger wrote:Tattinger back at €25 a bottle at Tesco....with their current 25% off when you buy more than six bottles of wine/bubbly offer makes them €18.75 a bottle.
Corrected that for you
Mind you still good value at that
I generally get the ferry to France once a year and stock up on wine over there but even in France most of the well known brands would be dearer than that.
I bought some Comte de Brismand champagne in Lidl a few weeks ago for €12.95 and am keeping it for Christmas/new year
Anyone tried it?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Groupon have an offer for car hands free kits - €23 for a phone kit and also phone chargers for the car.
Absolute bargain.
Never ceases to amaze/annoy me when I see people driving around in brand new cars costing well over €50,000 and holding a phone in their hand.
FFS! If you spend that much on a car, you can afford an integrated bluetooth kit. :evil:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leinsterman wrote:Groupon have an offer for car hands free kits - €23 for a phone kit and also phone chargers for the car.
Absolute bargain.
Never ceases to amaze/annoy me when I see people driving around in brand new cars costing well over €50,000 and holding a phone in their hand.
FFS! If you spend that much on a car, you can afford an integrated bluetooth kit. :evil:
FFS that's 3 times in a 24 hour period I have agreed with LM. I need counselling.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

johng wrote: FFS that's 3 times in a 24 hour period I have agreed with LM. I need counselling.
Welcome to the darkside.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!