Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Ruckedtobits »

What a brilliant achievement by the Irish Hockey Women! Superb mental strength and discipline combined with superb skills.

Coupled with those extraordinary Hurling semi-finals last weekend, Ireland must be the centre of the stick sports world.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ticketbastard has closed seatwave. Fair dues to Noel rock
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Even doing that has annoyed me given that there was legislation coming down the tracks anyway, not like they suddenly had a crisis of conscience.

Seatwave was one of the most brazen acts of corporate shithousery that I've ever seen, fair play to those who brought it down.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

paddyor wrote:Ticketbastard has closed seatwave. Fair dues to Noel rock
Whats Noel Rock got to do with this? BBC reporting the same thing in UK so I am genuinely interested in his role.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

What about Viagogo?
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:What about Viagogo?
They're frickin' w@nkers. Massive overcharging, then cancelled the tickets before the event, and I wasn't able to get new ones.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I meant are they still in business?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

domhnallj wrote:
Whats Noel Rock got to do with this? BBC reporting the same thing in UK so I am genuinely interested in his role.
Hes the one who campaigned for it and got legislation moving. They're not doing this unprompted.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

paddyor wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Hes the one who campaigned for it and got legislation moving. They're not doing this unprompted.
Thanks, the BBC mentions the Irish Government and the UK Competition and Marketing Authority but no names

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45133094
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:I meant are they still in business?
I think so.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:I meant are they still in business?
I think so.
Yep.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Great to see Padraic Harrington roll back the years in European Golf on Sky TV on a Saturday afternoon. Forty-seven next week and playing against lots of the young European success stories in this season's Race to Dubai.

His 65 sees him tied for leader going into tomorrow's last round with Italy's Andrea Pavar. Good luck Padraic.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Great to see Padraic Harrington roll back the years in European Golf on Sky TV on a Saturday afternoon. Forty-seven next week and playing against lots of the young European success stories in this season's Race to Dubai.

His 65 sees him tied for leader going into tomorrow's last round with Italy's Andrea Pavar. Good luck Padraic.
Did you see this ?

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 2699841537
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Vocal Transphobic Alex Jones on his info Wars Show, uses his phone to show people how easy it is to purchase his "Nutricuticals", reveals 2 opened Transex video tabs on his phone browser. :clap:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote:Vocal Transphobic Alex Jones on his info Wars Show, uses his phone to show people how easy it is to purchase his "Nutricuticals", reveals 2 opened Transex video tabs on his phone browser. :clap:
Deadly!!! #Kinkshame??? :D
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Vocal Transphobic Alex Jones on his info Wars Show, uses his phone to show people how easy it is to purchase his "Nutricuticals", reveals 2 opened Transex video tabs on his phone browser. :clap:
Getting sick on people is out there on the fetish scene. I was slagging JG via your snob comment.
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Getting sick on people is out there on the fetish scene. I was slagging JG via your snob comment.
Yup, I got that Peg !!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.

Just saw a couple of clips of her testifying to Congress and it really is extraordinary. Sitting in that room with all those high profile politicians, the cameras in her face, knowing it's been beamed around the world, and having to go over that experience...unbelievably impressive on her part.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.

Just saw a couple of clips of her testifying to Congress and it really is extraordinary. Sitting in that room with all those high profile politicians, the cameras in her face, knowing it's been beamed around the world, and having to go over that experience...unbelievably impressive on her part.
This, watched her statement on Ytube.
Do not forget these things when hearing testimony:
She reported this to her local congress person at nomination stage (i.e. prior to BK's nom)
She gave a full first account of this to a therapist naming BK in 2016
BK's Witness (Mark Judge) won't give a sworn testimony (because that's a federal offence)
She was 15 when it happened, she wasn't meant to be in a house with boys or beer- she didn't her parents or anyone to know
she never claimed to be raped.

In other news, Elon Musk is being sued by the Securities & Exchange Comm. SEC, about time.
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The account was 2012 and theirs some speculation that she did it premeptively as Kavanagh was the frontrunner for GOP nominee from then -it's quite the conspiracy. But then Kavangh was the guy who stirred up the Vince FOster conspiracy theories about Vince Foster(suicide) being murdered in the Clinton impeachment scandal.

Article on him here. Kind of funny seeing him railing against smear campaigns. Whether he's guilty or not, him franing a former classmate(as school teacher) last week makes him seem like a real POS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i ... ncna907391
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles