Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Hornet » April 19th, 2016, 9:57 pm

blockhead wrote:


So you're raving about Bluebells then?

Are you actually a Hornet?


They just give me a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby offshorerules » May 13th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Today, the weather and beer gardens.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby domhnallj » May 31st, 2016, 8:17 am

Spent a happy few hours wandering around Portmeirion.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Hornet » May 31st, 2016, 10:37 am

domhnallj wrote:Spent a happy few hours wandering around Portmeirion.


Were you Number 6, Number 1 or Number 2?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby domhnallj » May 31st, 2016, 11:47 am

Hornet wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Spent a happy few hours wandering around Portmeirion.


Were you Number 6, Number 1 or Number 2?


I bought a number 6 badge and fridge magnet.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby TerenureJim » June 29th, 2016, 1:01 am

Iceland
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4929
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Oldschool » June 29th, 2016, 7:39 am

TerenureJim wrote:Iceland

Ah now I understand your rant!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9901
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby TerenureJim » June 29th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Oldschool wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Iceland

Ah now I understand your rant!


Sorry how can anyone not love an upset like that irrespective of the opposition nothing connected with Brexit
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4929
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Ruckedtobits » July 14th, 2016, 12:35 am

What an extraordinary society is our Offshore Island. They've a new Headmistress who has just appointed her Senior Prefects, of whom one is the Local Jester and now nominated as Lightening Rod, whilst the three other males, Hammond, Davies & Fox are total conviction politicans, with another female workaholic as Home Secretary.

The end of media spin, Public School leadership, sainthood for Bankers & Brokers and its back to basics of hard work and no nonsense - except from Boris.

With her in charge, hard-nosed Aussies at the helm in Rugby & Cricket and Big Sam on the verge of being given the reins in soccer, Britain just might be heading in the right direction.

Good-bye Saatchi, Mandelson, Alister Campbell and their ilk. Welcome back "a Spokesman for the Prime Minister said....."

Everything changeth, if you wait long enough. What an incredible three weeks
Ruckedtobits
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Hornet » July 14th, 2016, 11:29 am

Ruckedtobits wrote:What an extraordinary society is our Offshore Island. They've a new Headmistress who has just appointed her Senior Prefects, of whom one is the Local Jester and now nominated as Lightening Rod, whilst the three other males, Hammond, Davies & Fox are total conviction politicans, with another female workaholic as Home Secretary.

The end of media spin, Public School leadership, sainthood for Bankers & Brokers and its back to basics of hard work and no nonsense - except from Boris.

With her in charge, hard-nosed Aussies at the helm in Rugby & Cricket and Big Sam on the verge of being given the reins in soccer, Britain just might be heading in the right direction.

Good-bye Saatchi, Mandelson, Alister Campbell and their ilk. Welcome back "a Spokesman for the Prime Minister said....."

Everything changeth, if you wait long enough. What an incredible three weeks


It's like back to the future. There's more than a passing resemblance to the late 70's/early 80's
Female PM (May/Thatcher the milk snatcher)
Mad Trade Union Leader (McCluskey/Scargill)
Labour tearing itself apart (Corbynites/Bennites)
Third Party sunk without trace (Liberal Democrats/Liberal)
Proposed sell off of Public Housing Stock (Housing Association Houses/Council Houses)
Taoiseach (Enda '50 Shades of Grey' Kenny/Charles 'Dodgy' Haughey)
Possible lunatic in the White House (Trump/Reagan)
UK (Proven Eurosceptic/Eurosceptic)
Ireland (Hutch-Kinahan Cartel/IRA)
Now if 'Jarry' can give up the sandwiches we could have a full house.
As the saying goes, 'May you live in interesting times'. Personally I prefer my Politics to have the occasional seismic shift rather than the blandness that fails to engage people. Whatever your views are on the last few weeks, people have been engaged and that's only good for Politics and Democracy.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Oldschoolsocks » July 14th, 2016, 12:07 pm

I just want to give a huge shoutout and thank you to the idiot van driver on Terenure Road who kindly directed me to cycle on a cycle lane that exists only in his imagination so he could drive down the road at 80 kph.

You sir are a credit to your profession and the way you honked your horn, shouted abuse at me, pointed to an imaginary cycle lane and stopped at the edge of the road forcing me to stop was a true act of kindness and show of comradrie between fellow road users.

I promise that when I grow up and rule the world I will buy you a road all for yourself just to show my appreciation.
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 11:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Peg Leg » July 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Oldschoolsocks wrote:I just want to give a huge shoutout and thank you to the idiot van driver on Terenure Road who kindly directed me to cycle on a cycle lane that exists only in his imagination so he could drive down the road at 80 kph.

You sir are a credit to your profession and the way you honked your horn, shouted abuse at me, pointed to an imaginary cycle lane and stopped at the edge of the road forcing me to stop was a true act of kindness and show of comradrie between fellow road users.

I promise that when I grow up and rule the world I will buy you a road all for yourself just to show my appreciation.

If I was ruler of the world I would not be purchasing nothin'!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7964
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby domhnallj » July 15th, 2016, 9:18 am

Flying into Dublin for the weekend (after trotting around Europe for the last three weeks)!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby FLIP » August 9th, 2016, 5:09 pm

The Kiwis being beaten at 7s by Japan. Always love to see New Zealand lose.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby TerenureJim » August 9th, 2016, 7:37 pm

FLIP wrote:The Kiwis being beaten at 7s by Japan. Always love to see New Zealand lose.


Holy cr@p are they out? That's big enough news
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4929
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Xanthippe » August 9th, 2016, 8:30 pm

TerenureJim wrote:
FLIP wrote:The Kiwis being beaten at 7s by Japan. Always love to see New Zealand lose.


Holy cr@p are they out? That's big enough news


Nah, it'a just the first game in their pool - they're playing Kenya at 21:30 tonight and GB at 16:30 tomorrow
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3339
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby offshorerules » August 19th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Perhaps it's because I grew up in the great Edwin Moses era but an Irishman in contention for a medal at the Olympics in the 400 metres hurdles. Well done Sir!
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Peg Leg » August 19th, 2016, 5:47 pm

offshorerules wrote:Perhaps it's because I grew up in the great Edwin Moses era but an Irishman in contention for a medal at the Olympics in the 400 metres hurdles. Well done Sir!

Astonishing really given his prep. Think Ireland have done really well barring the boxing fiasco.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7964
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby offshorerules » August 26th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Open air food market in Sandyford on Fridays, I'm stuffed and no work being done this afternoon.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Friday's Rave

Postby Oldschoolsocks » September 4th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Who is Johnf
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 11:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest