Tag Rugby

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:Going to be doing the ole tag for the first time this summer... rather looking forward to it I must say!

:D
It's more serious than you think!

I reffed last year aswell as playing and I had to deal with an awful lot of idiots who got carried away during games and had to be sent off. Guys who clearly never played real rugby because backchat to the ref is just not acceptable. I blame the soccer influence! I'm not sure if I'll ref again this year because it's no fun dealing with idiots when it's supposed to be a social, mixed league where people are having the craic. They really need to toughen up on letting seasoned serious teams dropping down the leagues in order to win more games. It ruins it for everyone.
I play hockey during the winter so know the perils of back-chat to refs. Have seen a few cardings because of people giving lip. I just keep my mouth shut and have my revenge in a more stealthy form!
To be honest, I'm not doing the tag to win trophies etc. Really just doing it for a bit of fun and to help keep the fitness going during the hockey off-season.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

T.C.B. wrote:[ I just keep my mouth shut .
we'd have believed you if you'd left that bit out
I am the one who knocks!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

ruck wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:[ I just keep my mouth shut .
we'd have believed you if you'd left that bit out
I do you know. Like I said, I get my revenge in a more stealthy form.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

that's actually 100% believeable
I am the one who knocks!