Mauler's Wall

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

honeyec
Mullet

Re: Mauler's Wall

Post by honeyec »

Claire Danes. Why oh why do people continue to cast her in things? Her entire range consists of looking like she's about to burst into tears.

When I stage my semi-benevolent worldwide coup she'll be one of the first into the gulags, along with drivers who can't use the Walkinstown roundabout properly and people who take more than 30 seconds at the ATM.
Last edited by honeyec on November 27th, 2012, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

honeyec wrote:Claire Danes. Why oh why do people continue to cast her in things? Her entire range consists of looking like she's about to burst into tears.

When I stage my esmi-benevolent worldwide coup she'll be one of the first into the gulags, along with drivers who can't use the Walkinstown roundabout properly and people who take more than 30 seconds at the ATM.
Is that really her name? I thought it was just southside girls saying Claire Downes. :o
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Has she been in anything bar Homeland though? I mean in homeland she has two things to do: look like she's about to cry because she's a completely nutty / bipolar person or screw up her face into a weird crazy person look because she's a bipolar person having a functional moment. But other than that I'm not sure I've seen anything she was in. Apart from Romeo and Juliet which was a long, long time ago.

I'm not going to go near the sex thing.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Women of a certain age will remember "My So Called Life" (Perhaps more for Jared Leto) and she has not improved on her craft since then

She was in a Terminator film too... 3 or 4
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sarah_lennon wrote:Women of a certain age will remember "My So Called Life" (Perhaps more for Jared Leto) and she has not improved on her craft since then

She was in a Terminator film too... 3 or 4
3 Rise Of The Machines, she played the future Mrs. John Connor, replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard after for Salvation.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

She also ruined Stardust, a film that would have been excellent otherwise.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

I'm told she's very good in the Temple Grandin production that HBO did, but I haven't seen it.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

David McWilliams
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Robbie Keane will be off Maulers wall now...

Morrissey on 'True To You' wrote:It was a joyous headstorm to attend LA Galaxy - v - Club Tijuana last night and to see captain Robbie Keane score in the fourth minute. Why exactly?

Well, family tree aficionados will be aware that Robbie and I share the same Irish blood; his late grandfather (Thomas Nolan) being my own father's cousin. In filial terms, the Irish blood, English heart genetic between Robbie and I is evident - his chin is my chin, my chin is his. Robbie was raised on Captains Road (as was my mother) in Crumlin (Dublin), before he was shipped out to Tallaght. He is a gentleman of the highest caliber (or, if you must, calibre), and to watch him on the pitch - pacing like a lion, as weightless as an astronaut, is pure therapy. Robbie, the pleasure, the privilege is mine.
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Morrissey's Irish when it suits him. Last time I heard he was a big supporter of UKIP!