The comic thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » October 2nd, 2011, 12:41 am

Oh god I'm a merchandise whore!
The Show was brilliant, involving for everyone. there was a "Hell yeah!" moment for " I'm Batman", a dirty laugh moment for the Penguin's "ya know, we mate for life Catwoman", genuine Awe for the "Flying Graysons" Trapeeze act, a hilarious kid in the audience screaming "look out behind you Batman", a grown man shouting "yeah!" when Robin was layin the smack down, but most of all- it's dedication to the comic I love so much.
There was a huge screen at the back of the set that formed the background to the set, that sold Gotham so well.
All in all, it was a great show for kids with a steely anchor of comic edginess and thats how I felt tonight, like a big kid reading a really big comic!

:D :D :D
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby RoboProp » October 5th, 2011, 8:19 pm

That’s my secret , Captain…I’m always angry.
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: The comic thread

Postby RoboProp » October 5th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Peg Leg wrote:Oh god I'm a merchandise whore!
The Show was brilliant, involving for everyone. there was a "Hell yeah!" moment for " I'm Batman", a dirty laugh moment for the Penguin's "ya know, we mate for life Catwoman", genuine Awe for the "Flying Graysons" Trapeeze act, a hilarious kid in the audience screaming "look out behind you Batman", a grown man shouting "yeah!" when Robin was layin the smack down, but most of all- it's dedication to the comic I love so much.
There was a huge screen at the back of the set that formed the background to the set, that sold Gotham so well.
All in all, it was a great show for kids with a steely anchor of comic edginess and thats how I felt tonight, like a big kid reading a really big comic!

:D :D :D

I decided not to go as thought it was going to be Schumacher-tastic. You make it sound awesome! Damn you!
That’s my secret , Captain…I’m always angry.
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » October 5th, 2011, 10:22 pm


Agreed,
Ruffalo as Banner looks class.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » October 5th, 2011, 10:28 pm

RoboProp wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Oh god I'm a merchandise whore!
The Show was brilliant, involving for everyone. there was a "Hell yeah!" moment for " I'm Batman", a dirty laugh moment for the Penguin's "ya know, we mate for life Catwoman", genuine Awe for the "Flying Graysons" Trapeeze act, a hilarious kid in the audience screaming "look out behind you Batman", a grown man shouting "yeah!" when Robin was layin the smack down, but most of all- it's dedication to the comic I love so much.
There was a huge screen at the back of the set that formed the background to the set, that sold Gotham so well.
All in all, it was a great show for kids with a steely anchor of comic edginess and thats how I felt tonight, like a big kid reading a really big comic!

:D :D :D

I decided not to go as thought it was going to be Schumacher-tastic. You make it sound awesome! Damn you!


A real stand out was the penguins Iceberg bar scene, where all of the backing cast stood still and posed at the bar whilst the main characters interacted. As the dialogue moved on the backing cast moved slightly- then still again..... It looked like a comic!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » October 8th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Broken Wing wrote:The Stallone one was given three rules:
1: Helmet never comes off
2: No human side
3: Does not have a love interest

They immediately set about reversing them and will never be forgiven for it.

Never.

Image


This would have been a much better chin.....

Image
Last edited by Peg Leg on January 6th, 2012, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby Skinfull » October 19th, 2011, 8:27 pm

http://youtu.be/eOrNdBpGMv8

Dunno how to embed a video in this forum but holy crap...new full length Avengers trailer looks amazing! Its also dripping in Whedon joy!!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
User avatar
Skinfull
Mullet
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Re: The comic thread

Postby RoboProp » October 19th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Skinfull wrote:http://youtu.be/eOrNdBpGMv8

Dunno how to embed a video in this forum but holy crap...new full length Avengers trailer looks amazing! Its also dripping in Whedon joy!!


Shiny! Huge Avengers fan, if they could adapt a Busiek arc in the sequels happy days!
That’s my secret , Captain…I’m always angry.
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » November 9th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Re-read "year one" for the first time in a long long time, before i watch the new Film.
A lot darker than I remember it been.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby TerenureJim » November 9th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Peg Leg wrote:Re-read "year one" for the first time in a long long time, before i watch the new Film.
A lot darker than I remember it been.


As in Batman year one? Great piece, right up there with Red Son for all time classic TPB IMO.
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » November 9th, 2011, 3:15 pm

TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Re-read "year one" for the first time in a long long time, before i watch the new Film.
A lot darker than I remember it been.


As in Batman year one? Great piece, right up there with Red Son for all time classic TPB IMO.


Yup, waiting on my copy of the film to arrive. :D
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby TerenureJim » November 9th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Peg Leg wrote:Yup, waiting on my copy of the film to arrive. :D


Found a torrent then or amazon.com? Think it's only out on region 1 for now, think Eliza Duschu is in it right? Shame it's not Kevin Conroy doing the voice of Wayne/Batman (at least I think it isn't), just like Mark Hamill's joker he is the definitive person to portray the character IMO.

Re-red Marvel's 1602 recently enough, well worth checking out especially the Vol TPB by Gaiman. Classic stuff.
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: The comic thread

Postby Dave Cahill » December 31st, 2011, 3:55 pm

ruck wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
ruck wrote:Cahill, I hate you for introducing me to Starman.



good, isn't it :lol:


Yes it is. I particularly like "The Shade".
Interestingly, I think the artwork of The Shade and one of his attacks from the "tale of times passed" may have been more than a little inspiration for the video game the Darkness.

Image


Oh Ruck... this may interest you...

Image

Oh yes I very much think so!
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21331
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: The comic thread

Postby ruck » January 5th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
I am the one who knocks!
User avatar
ruck
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 8:05 pm
Location: Mid Table :(

Re: The comic thread

Postby TerenureJim » January 5th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Christmas present of a library edition vinyl cover hardback of Hellboy, stunning, simply stunning quality.
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » March 6th, 2012, 2:53 pm

For anyone interested in the film studio POV

Superman v Batman Development Hell
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby Slipper1 » April 20th, 2012, 4:31 pm

I thought this would be the best place to offer these to be honest. Perhaps I'm wrong, don't take offence.

I have 4 comp tickets to Invasion Dublin taking place over the May holiday weekend in Citywest. James Arnold Taylor will be there as will Billy Dee Williams.

First PM gets them. I'm away all next week, but will post on Monday 30th April or of course this weekend if they go that quick.
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Re: The comic thread

Postby Slipper1 » April 20th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Tickets gone
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » April 20th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Slipper1 wrote:Tickets gone

Personally I was offended by your kind offer! :lol:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: The comic thread

Postby Peg Leg » April 20th, 2012, 8:09 pm

TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Yup, waiting on my copy of the film to arrive. :D


Found a torrent then or amazon.com? Think it's only out on region 1 for now, think Eliza Duschu is in it right? Shame it's not Kevin Conroy doing the voice of Wayne/Batman (at least I think it isn't), just like Mark Hamill's joker he is the definitive person to portray the character IMO.

Re-red Marvel's 1602 recently enough, well worth checking out especially the Vol TPB by Gaiman. Classic stuff.

Just re-reading this:
I bought it on amazon at the time.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests