The Good Album Thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Peg Leg »

gfo wrote:Nine Inch Nails? Is this the good albums to cut yourself to thread?
One mans treasure......
Great music fort he Gym though!

Probably for the rant thread but:
Who is this?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Peg Leg wrote:
Who is this?
Quotes from the musically bankrupt.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

Peg Leg wrote:
gfo wrote:Nine Inch Nails? Is this the good albums to cut yourself to thread?
One mans treasure......
Great music fort he Gym though!

Who is this?
What the f is that website. It hurts my eyes.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

To continue the NIN / Trent Reznor applauds I have to say soundtrack to Girl With The Dragon Tatoo is top notch, well worth picking up.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:To continue the NIN / Trent Reznor applauds I have to say soundtrack to Girl With The Dragon Tatoo is top notch, well worth picking up.
The opening sequence with their version of Immigrant Song with Karen O is fantastic.
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Donny B. wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:To continue the NIN / Trent Reznor applauds I have to say soundtrack to Girl With The Dragon Tatoo is top notch, well worth picking up.
The opening sequence with their version of Immigrant Song with Karen O is fantastic.
Yep, was great to hear a good Led Zeppelin Cover. Listening to that soundtrack had me digging out the old NIN albums recently as well.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

dave13 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Yep, was great to hear a good Led Zeppelin Cover. Listening to that soundtrack had me digging out the old NIN albums recently as well.
I for one was at first horrified that anyone would try to cover Zep, big fan, but they did it very well indeed.

Also if anyone like the Flight of The Conchords then it's worth getting the Muppets soundtrack, Brett wrote a lot of the songs and the better notes of the Conchords are very evident in the album. Plus you'll be signing it to yourself for a week at least.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

TerenureJim wrote:
Also if anyone like the Flight of The Conchords then it's worth getting the Muppets soundtrack, Brett wrote a lot of the songs and the better notes of the Conchords are very evident in the album. Plus you'll be signing it to yourself for a week at least.
Deaf metal?
A proud Winsome Fluter
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

And Out Come the Wolves by Rancid. Now that's a good album. every time I play it, (once every few months) I end up listening to it for a week. This is the week.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

johng wrote:And Out Come the Wolves by Rancid. Now that's a good album. every time I play it, (once every few months) I end up listening to it for a week. This is the week.
Bah...you needs to be listening to Operation Ivy!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

El Camino by the Black Keys pretty decent album, they'll never be better than on "Your Touch" but they're a pretty cracking band all told and the new album is one that's worth picking up.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Have been enjoying Stiff Little Fingers very much recently, worth picking up greatest hits and or early albums.

Also new Springsteen "Wrecking Ball" is anohter quailty piece from The Boss, not an instanst classic put it's nice Saturday morning style record, I'd say we're in for some fantastic gigs in the summer.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Just started listening to Nine Inch Nails recently- Fragile (Left) is fuppin great!
Good Gym music.
If you like NIN it's worth checking out the soundtracks to The Social Network and Drive. Trent Reznor did the Social Network soundtrack and there are a few tracks on Drive with his touch as well. Obviously it's quite different to his day job with NIN.
Started listening to this properly over the weekend. It has been the highlight of my St. Patrick's weekend. Fupin Ekic!

EDIT: Also downloaded "The Chromatics" - the artists behind the first track on "Drive" (Tick of the clock- the first car sequence)- The original is 15mins long of pure mood beat bliss.
EDIT II: Notable mention for "The Chromatics" version of Kate Bushes "running up that hill"
EDIT III: "The Chromatics" - Night Drive, Get it!
Last edited by Peg Leg on March 18th, 2012, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Rediscovered treasures.
Elvis Costello, "Girls, Girls, Girls." A 1989 compilation, double CD of some 46 tracks. Amazing musician & songwriter.
A proud Winsome Fluter
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Peg Leg wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Just started listening to Nine Inch Nails recently- Fragile (Left) is fuppin great!
Good Gym music.
If you like NIN it's worth checking out the soundtracks to The Social Network and Drive. Trent Reznor did the Social Network soundtrack and there are a few tracks on Drive with his touch as well. Obviously it's quite different to his day job with NIN.
Started listening to this properly over the weekend. It has been the highlight of my St. Patrick's weekend. Fupin Ekic!

EDIT: Also downloaded "The Chromatics" - the artists behind the first track on "Drive" (Tick of the clock- the first car sequence)- The original is 15mins long of pure mood beat bliss.
EDIT II: Notable mention for "The Chromatics" version of Kate Bushes "running up that hill"
EDIT III: "The Chromatics" - Night Drive, Get it!
Yep thought you'd enjoy. It's a quality piece of music. I'll have to check out the Chromatics. If you like your mixed/mash albums, granted they can be a bit poppy, it's worth looking up the Hit Girls and also The Kleptones. Good easy driving music.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Currently enjoying:

The Black Keys : El Camino

Creedence Clearwater Revival : Greatest Hits (fantastic accompanyment to the early onset of summer weather and longer evenings)
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Port Of Morrow by The Shins. Really enjoyable album.
Whatever else about Zach Braff he had good taste in music. only discovered these after 'Garden State'
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Prometheus Soundtrack is a bit of a let down, doesn't seem to have the fairly intense track featured on the trailers or if it is then it has been re-jigged quite a bit.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The Hives - Lex Hives ok yeah it's more of the same but when that means it's as good as the last album then sign me up for more of howlin' Pete's lyrical warblings. Great stuff.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Soundgarden Live on I-5 is a monster and have rediscovered Alambama 3s Exile on Coldharbour - acid house country gospel anyone?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation