The Good Album Thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: The Good Album Thread

Postby RoboProp » October 30th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Eric Peterson just maybe the best rhythm guitarist in thrash metal, and Alex Skolnick well he's Alex f%~king Skolnick. Gene Hoglan's skins are savage as ever, his timing is off the chain as younger people maybe once said in a movie

And as for Chuck the world's most famous Pomo Indian he continues to be just a force of nature.

Pure thrash goodness
Get up on your feet, don't look so obsolete and thrash like an athlete
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby TerenureJim » October 30th, 2016, 11:45 pm

The Everybody Wants Some!! Soundtrack is well worth picking up, great mix for those of a certain vintage or even just putting together as a playlist as you likely have the tracks already
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby domhnallj » October 31st, 2016, 10:29 am

RoboProp wrote:Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Eric Peterson just maybe the best rhythm guitarist in thrash metal, and Alex Skolnick well he's Alex f%~king Skolnick. Gene Hoglan's skins are savage as ever, his timing is off the chain as younger people maybe once said in a movie

And as for Chuck the world's most famous Pomo Indian he continues to be just a force of nature.

Pure thrash goodness

Problems with the downloads from Amazon and Itunes mean I've had to hold off buying it. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon, can't wait to give it a spin.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Oldschoolsocks » November 3rd, 2016, 10:44 pm

domhnallj wrote:
RoboProp wrote:Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Pure thrash goodness

Problems with the downloads from Amazon and Itunes mean I've had to hold off buying it. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon, can't wait to give it a spin.

Downloaded on spotify on my iPhone via Tapatalk
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet

Postby Peg Leg » November 4th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

Pure thrash goodness

Downloaded on spotify on my iPhone via Tapatalk

We'll played sir.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby Oldschoolsocks » November 4th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Thx for reminder, listening now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet

Postby domhnallj » November 18th, 2016, 8:24 am

Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Peg Leg » November 21st, 2016, 9:11 pm

domhnallj wrote:Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.

Fits well with the back catalogue prior to load. Moth into flame is the pick of the album for me. Really like the album.

That said I think I was the person that liked st. Anger.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby Peg Leg » November 21st, 2016, 9:17 pm

Or maybe it's "now that we're dead"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby domhnallj » November 22nd, 2016, 8:59 pm

Peg Leg wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.

Fits well with the back catalogue prior to load. Moth into flame is the pick of the album for me. Really like the album.

That said I think I was the person that liked st. Anger.

Game of two halves for me (well three if you got the deluxe version and I did). Strong CD1 with a couple of fillers on CD2 then game back on for CD3.

domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey

Previous

Return to General Chat