eMobile

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

sid
Mullet

eMobile

Post by sid »

I've been doing a bit of looking at phone plans lately, and trying to figure out if I can find one that'll fit my needs. I have pretty low usage, so eMobile's cheapest one (100 texts + 100 minutes/mo) seems like it might work for me and adds up (quite) favorably compared to what's offered by Vodafone and O2 - which has me wondering whether there's a catch. Is anyone here with them? I'm curious to know how good their coverage is versus either of the other two.

If anyone could share their experience it'd be much appreciated.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Re: eMobile

Post by yellabelly1961 »

sid wrote:I've been doing a bit of looking at phone plans lately, and trying to figure out if I can find one that'll fit my needs. I have pretty low usage, so eMobile's cheapest one (100 texts + 100 minutes/mo) seems like it might work for me and adds up (quite) favorably compared to what's offered by Vodafone and O2 - which has me wondering whether there's a catch. Is anyone here with them? I'm curious to know how good their coverage is versus either of the other two.

Heard from a work colleague that their customer service not great and something about them looking for sizeable deposit - she went elsewhere in the end but thats a year ago-ish so things may have changed..
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Most of their good deals seem to be dependant on being an Eircom customer.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

sid wrote:I've been doing a bit of looking at phone plans lately, and trying to figure out if I can find one that'll fit my needs. I have pretty low usage, so eMobile's cheapest one (100 texts + 100 minutes/mo) seems like it might work for me and adds up (quite) favorably compared to what's offered by Vodafone and O2 - which has me wondering whether there's a catch. Is anyone here with them? I'm curious to know how good their coverage is versus either of the other two.

I got one off them last April/May and I have had no bother with them yet the only place I have lost signal so far is around Knocklyon on the M50 (but think that might be the iphone cause it happened to my friend as well and he is with vodafone), customer service isn't the greatest but if you get a better deal off them I wouldn't let it deter you, its not disastrous.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Try inputting your requirements into the calculator at www.callcosts.ie (the regulators website) and will give you some idea of the better suited plans.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Cheers for the advice. I guess I might give them a go as long as the deposit isn't too big - I did notice it mentioned in the small print once I was looking for it so I'll check with them on that before I go ahead.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.