Sat Navs

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Sat Navs

Post by RoboProp »

I could probably Google this but I love the input here so sue me! Anyway, my query is this we are going on honeymoon in the States and need to drive from San Fran to Napa Valley. We have a couple of Sat Navs and were wondering if they would work over there. One is a Tom-Tom the other a Garmin. I am hoping the rental car place would provide Sat Navs but they haven't replied to my e-mail yet.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Sat Navs

Post by johng »

Do you have world maps in your satnavs. probably not. you can download them on the dodgey if you know what you aer doing. or buy them legit.
car hire companies usually charge you extra if the model of car you have does not come as std. if you get a basic car you may not get one.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

johng wrote:Do you have world maps in your satnavs. probably not. you can download them on the dodgey if you know what you aer doing. or buy them legit.
car hire companies usually charge you extra if the model of car you have does not come as std. if you get a basic car you may not get one.
Don't think they have world maps. Will look into downloading them on the legit. Thanks John
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I lived in SF for a while if you have any questions. The best drive to Napa is across the Golden Gate bridge, go for a walk in Muir Woods near Sausilito - stunning Redwoods. Then across to Napa. Sat Nav won't take you that way unless you specify.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Actually - you might be better getting a car / driver for the day. Wine tours are sh!t if you are driving!
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”