Help needed - Blackberry 8707V or Nokia E61

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Help needed - Blackberry 8707V or Nokia E61

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

I am looking at upgrading my mobile (to be able to access email while out of the office) and I am wondering if anyone can advise as to what the difference is between the above 2 phones. They seem to do the same thing but there is a €100 difference between the two prices.
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

So these are the 2 your talking about ?

AND

Personally, not a big fan of Blackberrys (why would anyone have one for personal use???). . .Won one in an Irish Rugby/02 Promo a while back (came 2nd in a competition, would of preferred the first prize of a trip on the Japan Tour to be honest!). . .used it for about a week. . . .a pain, so went back to my trusty Nokia phone.

For what its worth - id prefer the Nokia one. . . just cause its a Nokia :wink:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dems dem SS. It's mainly for office use, to get emails, attachments etc. Have always had a Nokia but they stopped making phones and went after the entertainment market.
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Actually.. . . . this is from the Vodafone site (where you can ccompare handsets and their features)

Go with the Nokia - you can use it in the US and it has a MP3 (the other one has neither capability). . but then you may need neither :?

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ou ... detail.jsp
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sheepshagger wrote:...came 2nd in a competition, would of preferred the first prize...
SS, the whole idea of competitions is that the first prize is better than the second prize, otherwise people just wouldn't try as hard. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

limecat wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:...came 2nd in a competition, would of preferred the first prize...
SS, the whole idea of competitions is that the first prize is better than the second prize, otherwise people just wouldn't try as hard. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know I know. . .anyhow as the Blackberry I won was SIM Free. . I managed to flog it on Buy and Sell for EUR 250 (retailed at 399 SIM Free at the 02 store) :D
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

sheepshagger wrote:
limecat wrote:
I know I know. . .anyhow as the Blackberry I won was SIM Free. . I managed to flog it on Buy and Sell for EUR 250 (retailed at 399 SIM Free at the 02 store) :D
Tout!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Witchfinder general
Graduate

Post by Witchfinder general »

The problem with blackberrys is that they are one trick ponys, email is all they are good at , i would suggest a nokia 9500 as a much more complete business users phone http://europe.nokia.com/A4142007
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sarah_lennon wrote:Tout!
:? :? :?

Back on topic. . .. GOM - I take it it's the Vodafone offer as advertised on the front page of this morning Irish Times Business section your looking at ? (that offer both these handsets).
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Witchfinder general wrote:The problem with blackberrys is that they are one trick ponys, email is all they are good at , i would suggest a nokia 9500 as a much more complete business users phone http://europe.nokia.com/A4142007
That's the one to get WFG ... good call. The brother has one of those - you can flip up the side of the phone and it has a keyboard underneath it, correct?

However, as he himself says ... and I tend to agree ... "Nokias are phones for simple folk"
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Witchfinder general
Graduate

Post by Witchfinder general »

LM, yes thats the one i have used smartphones for a few years now and i find the Nokia 9500 to be a very good one.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

sheepshagger wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Tout!
:? :? :?

Back on topic. . .. GOM - I take it it's the Vodafone offer as advertised on the front page of this morning Irish Times Business section your looking at ? (that offer both these handsets).
Thats pretty much it SS. Vodafone don't seem to do the Nokia 9500.
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

[quote="Grumpy Old Man]Thats pretty much it SS. Vodafone don't seem to do the Nokia 9500.[/quote]

Buy it SIM Free here (the place is even in D4!) and just slip in your existing Vodafone card. . . looking at the price you will need some AFFluence though (but its for work right?) :wink:

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=9500
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

GOM

Was actually looking at getting the Nokia myself on an upgrade. Looks a good deal, think its only €159.

Actually went into O2 to see if they could offer me anything better to switch over. Their deals are absolute shoite!
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
a-week-too-soon
Beginner

Re: Help needed - Blackberry 8707V or Nokia E61

Post by a-week-too-soon »

wrong thread...delete
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

This thread was obviously before the iPhone!
A proud Winsome Fluter
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Oh wow.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.