for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: O'Connell not cited

Post by domhnallj »

Bones wrote:
johng wrote:Bloody Metrosexuals!
There's nothing worse that the favoured food of the GAA supporter....yes the carvery. 2 slices of meat covered in 5 varieties of potato (boiled, roast, mash, new & chips), with diced sloppy root veg and ladles full of soggy cabbage that's been boiled into submission over 3 hours and then put in a tin container to sweat. Usually the plate comes complete with scaffolding to hold this mound of horrible mush in place..........oh and a pint of milk.
you're making me homesick dude :lol: , its been years since i got spuds-five-ways
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

domhnallj wrote:
Bones wrote:
There's nothing worse that the favoured food of the GAA supporter....yes the carvery. 2 slices of meat covered in 5 varieties of potato (boiled, roast, mash, new & chips), with diced sloppy root veg and ladles full of soggy cabbage that's been boiled into submission over 3 hours and then put in a tin container to sweat. Usually the plate comes complete with scaffolding to hold this mound of horrible mush in place..........oh and a pint of milk.
you're making me homesick dude :lol: , its been years since i got spuds-five-ways
You'll have to make do with a bottle of dog and a kebab in Newcastle.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

domhnallj wrote:
Bones wrote:
We're still talking about food and not positions.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Bones wrote: There's nothing worse that the favoured food of the GAA supporter....yes the carvery. 2 slices of meat covered in 5 varieties of potato (boiled, roast, mash, new & chips), with diced sloppy root veg and ladles full of soggy cabbage that's been boiled into submission over 3 hours and then put in a tin container to sweat. Usually the plate comes complete with scaffolding to hold this mound of horrible mush in place..........oh and a pint of milk.
Don't forget the gravy.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sid wrote:
Bones wrote: There's nothing worse that the favoured food of the GAA supporter....yes the carvery. 2 slices of meat covered in 5 varieties of potato (boiled, roast, mash, new & chips), with diced sloppy root veg and ladles full of soggy cabbage that's been boiled into submission over 3 hours and then put in a tin container to sweat. Usually the plate comes complete with scaffolding to hold this mound of horrible mush in place..........oh and a pint of milk.
Don't forget the gravy.
You mean the gravy which is the same flavour, irrespective of what meat it is served with?
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

TheBear wrote:
sid wrote: Don't forget the gravy.
You mean the gravy which is the same flavour, irrespective of what meat it is served with?
That's why it's called "the gravy". :wink:
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Bones wrote:

Mmm, I'm hungry now.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

AdamK wrote:
Bones wrote:

Mmm, I'm hungry now.
Yeah. I had to get an early lunch after that. Fecken salad though. :)
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

I once had lunch with a "local representative" who insisted in having the beef, the turkey & ham, and the salmon with accompanying veg/cabbage/spuds mush, all at the one time and price! The poor guy serving was looking around for the hidden camera!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

johng wrote: Yeah. I had to get an early lunch after that. Fecken salad though. :)
Protien heavy chicken stirfry with no fats with a protein shake.... :( If I closed my eyes I could taste the packet made white sauce!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

AdamK wrote:
johng wrote: Yeah. I had to get an early lunch after that. Fecken salad though. :)
Protien heavy chicken stirfry with no fats with a protein shake.... :( If I closed my eyes I could taste the packet made white sauce!
Cheddar cheese on sourdough, a bag of tayto, a curlywurly and a mug of tea :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

In Avoca, having the courgette and goats cheese fritters
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:
AdamK wrote:
You're pronouncing it wrong. it's "A paka ha tayho" Or else you are not from Munster!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

ronk wrote:In Avoca, having the courgette and goats cheese fritters
AFF!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

domhnallj wrote:
AdamK wrote:
Jesus I'd kill for some carbs.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

What exactly is a snackbox anyway?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote: You're pronouncing it wrong. it's "A paka ha tayho" Or else you are not from Munster!
:?: don't they have their own knock-off version made from turnips or whatever?

Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

olaf the fat wrote:I once had lunch with a "local representative" who insisted in having the beef, the turkey & ham, and the salmon with accompanying veg/cabbage/spuds mush, all at the one time and price! The poor guy serving was looking around for the hidden camera!
I bet he returned for the apple pie and cream after demolishing that too.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

sid wrote:What exactly is a snackbox anyway?
the luncheon version of the dinner bucket

AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

sid wrote:What exactly is a snackbox anyway?
Ha, next you'll be asking what's a whurley burger...