Techy needed

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Techy needed

Post by Peg Leg »

The telecommunications division of my company(for whom I am an employee) have a position available (whose job spec is slightly ambitious), but PM me if you know anyone!
Location: Based at our offices in Swords, Co. Dublin also on-site work Greater Dublin Area.

Type: Part Time Permanent – 3 Days a week – Leading to Full time Position

Responsibilities:
This is a very varied role in which the successful candidate will gain experience with many aspects of the telecommunications industry, Reporting back to the Telecommunications Division Manager, responsibilities will include.

• Servicing the existing Service Contracts (Outdoor Wireless point to point Links and point to multipoint links), which involves preventative maintenance & emergency response (remote access & On-site).
• Configuring & Commissioning new Telecoms equipment for installation
• Assisting the Installation crews on-site during new installs
• Assisting in Maintaining the internal Group IT infrastructure
• Working in conjunction with our electrical department to commission and configure Computer networking (Structured cabling & active equipment) & automation control systems
• Technical Support for ISP clients
• Testing and experimenting with new technologies and setups
• IT Support for a small number of clients
• Updating and maintaining our Company Website (Wordpress, HTML etc.)

Qualifications & Experience:
• 2 years experience in one or more of the relevant areas (IT, IP Networking, Engineering, Control systems, AV Systems, wireless networks)
• In Depth knowledge of IP Networks
• In Depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment & Configuration
• Professional experience with at least 5 of the following technologies / products
1. Mikrotik Routers
2. Ubiquiti Networks – Wireless Links
3. Alvarion Networks – Wireless Links
4. Other Microwave Technologies
5. Crestron Control Systems
6. Extron / Kramer / AV Control Systems
7. Other Router Configurations (Cisco etc.)
8. Microsoft Server Platforms
9. Structured Cabling Systems
10. BMS / Metering Automation

• 3rd level technical qualification (ideally Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering) would be a bonus
• Full, Clean drivers license
• Perfect English, excellent communications skills, ability to work on own initiative & team working, outgoing, hands on and business minded individual.
• Enthusiasm and keen interest in technology
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Techy needed

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:The telecommunications division of my company(for whom I am an employee) have a position available (whose job spec is slightly ambitious), but PM me if you know anyone!
Location: Based at our offices in Swords, Co. Dublin also on-site work Greater Dublin Area.

Type: Part Time Permanent – 3 Days a week – Leading to Full time Position

Responsibilities:
This is a very varied role in which the successful candidate will gain experience with many aspects of the telecommunications industry, Reporting back to the Telecommunications Division Manager, responsibilities will include.

• Servicing the existing Service Contracts (Outdoor Wireless point to point Links and point to multipoint links), which involves preventative maintenance & emergency response (remote access & On-site).
• Configuring & Commissioning new Telecoms equipment for installation
• Assisting the Installation crews on-site during new installs
• Assisting in Maintaining the internal Group IT infrastructure
• Working in conjunction with our electrical department to commission and configure Computer networking (Structured cabling & active equipment) & automation control systems
• Technical Support for ISP clients
• Testing and experimenting with new technologies and setups
• IT Support for a small number of clients
• Updating and maintaining our Company Website (Wordpress, HTML etc.)

Qualifications & Experience:
• 2 years experience in one or more of the relevant areas (IT, IP Networking, Engineering, Control systems, AV Systems, wireless networks)
• In Depth knowledge of IP Networks
• In Depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment & Configuration
• Professional experience with at least 5 of the following technologies / products
1. Mikrotik Routers
2. Ubiquiti Networks – Wireless Links
3. Alvarion Networks – Wireless Links
4. Other Microwave Technologies
5. Crestron Control Systems
6. Extron / Kramer / AV Control Systems
7. Other Router Configurations (Cisco etc.)
8. Microsoft Server Platforms
9. Structured Cabling Systems
10. BMS / Metering Automation

• 3rd level technical qualification (ideally Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering) would be a bonus
• Full, Clean drivers license
• Perfect English, excellent communications skills, ability to work on own initiative & team working, outgoing, hands on and business minded individual.
• Enthusiasm and keen interest in technology
Clark Kent is available and could fly over for an interview at short notice.
PS Great idea to put this on the MB - I'd have been interested myself only I'm retired and gave my cape etc away to Clark a few years ago.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.