Game of Thrones

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

tones
Shane Jennings

Game of Thrones

Post by tones »

Hey - wondering if anyone knows a decent website to download this from?

Kat.ph means you have to download vuze and other websites need you to download software which I'm not too comfortable with (as I am not familiar with them).
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Logorrhea »

get familiar with uTorrent. The software is clean and makes this kid of stuff really really simple.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

isohunt.com is quite a decent website with good reviews of whether links can be trusted or not
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I use vuze. It's fine as long as you don't allow it to install the vuze toolbar or any extra cr@p when it installs/upgrades.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Morf wrote:I use vuze. It's fine as long as you don't allow it to install the vuze toolbar or any extra cr@p when it installs/upgrades.
+1

I've been using Vuze for ages and never had any issues with it.
Hacker G
Knowledgeable

Post by Hacker G »

tones wrote:Hey - wondering if anyone knows a decent website to download this from?

Kat.ph means you have to download vuze and other websites need you to download software which I'm not too comfortable with (as I am not familiar with them).
I'm in no way techy, but if you install uTorrent to your pc, isohunt.com is very easy to use to find and download the programmes. Only problem with the site is some of the ads which can be a bit on the dodgy side!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Hacker G wrote:Only problem with the site is some of the ads which can be a bit on the dodgy side!
In theory they only show you adds you want to see.

For me the adds are just for steam trains and financial advice. I presume you are seeing things like steaming trannies and moneyshots. Not that I would even know what those are of course. :D
Hacker G
Knowledgeable

Post by Hacker G »

Logorrhea wrote:
Hacker G wrote:Only problem with the site is some of the ads which can be a bit on the dodgy side!

For me the adds are just for steam trains and financial advice. I presume you are seeing things like steaming trannies and moneyshots. Not that I would even know what those are of course. :D
Not quite that bad I'm afraid!!
May be due to me downloading sci-fi & fantasy stuff, but it appears to think i'd appreciate games advertised by buxom viking warriors who could probably do with a bit more armour!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Logorrhea wrote:

:lol: This is what I was thinking too....

BTW, 433- a Tranny is a....... maybe not
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Anyone who can watch a live stream of a match without getting a virus can operate uTorent and isohunt without getting a virus.

Just don't go round clicking on everything on the page like a 2 yearold and you will be fine.

Gave up Azureus when it became vuze. Too much cr@p and unnecessary player etc. uTorrent is like what Azureus was back then.

Use vlc to play it all back and you are gold. Otherwise a HD mediabox connected to your telly. I have a La Cie one that connects to my pc over the network and plays any files from there. Cost about 60 quid.

BTW a Tranny (otherwise known as a transparency) is a slide or piece of film which can be scanned into your PC using a Tranny adapter.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

BTW a Tranny (otherwise known as a transparency) is a slide or piece of film which can be scanned into your PC using a Tranny adapter.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Anyone who can watch a live stream of a match without getting a virus can operate uTorent and isohunt without getting a virus.

Just don't go round clicking on everything on the page like a 2 yearold and you will be fine.

Gave up Azureus when it became vuze. Too much cr@p and unnecessary player etc. uTorrent is like what Azureus was back then.

Use vlc to play it all back and you are gold. Otherwise a HD mediabox connected to your telly. I have a La Cie one that connects to my pc over the network and plays any files from there. Cost about 60 quid.

I never knew people clicked on those adds!!
And whilst I hate to correct you AU, I think you'll find that a tranny is a an electrical device for reducing voltage, although electricians tend to refer to them as traffo's.
Daniel Sullivan
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Peg Leg wrote:
Alternative Ulster wrote:Anyone who can watch a live stream of a match without getting a virus can operate uTorent and isohunt without getting a virus.

I never knew people clicked on those adds!!
And whilst I hate to correct you AU, I think you'll find that a tranny is a an electrical device for reducing voltage, although electricians tend to refer to them as traffo's.
Although be careful not to grip them as you're likely to get a shock!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

limecat wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: I never knew people clicked on those adds!!
Although be careful not to grip them as you're likely to get a shock!
And there within lies the crying game!
Daniel Sullivan
LENSTA
Knowledgeable

Post by LENSTA »

Install the adblock extension in your browser and the ads will disappear. This will allow you to browse torrent sites without the rest of your family thinking u are a pervert.
#ScrapTheLions
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

LENSTA wrote:Install the adblock extension in your browser and the ads will disappear. This will allow you to browse torrent sites without the rest of your family thinking u are a pervert.
I really dislike browsing the internet in general without using Firefox and adblockplus.
LENSTA
Knowledgeable

Post by LENSTA »

Transforms your browsing experience.... Best internets intervention since torrents
#ScrapTheLions
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Peg Leg wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:

:lol: This is what I was thinking too....

BTW, 433- a Tranny is a....... maybe not
One of those new fangled transistor radios is it not? It might be steaming from the hot jazz you were playing on it. Though of course not using tubes it wouldn't really be hot. Nothing to do with hot jazz films ou might be torrenting. I use Vuze, old install that I haven't upgraded in years.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Is that hot Jazz in a new zealand accent?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LENSTA wrote:Transforms your browsing experience.... Best internets intervention since torrents
Just installed it. Cheers for the tip.