Extras required for Vikings - Dublin and Wicklow Open Castin

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Extras required for Vikings - Dublin and Wicklow Open Castin

Post by IanD »

For anyone not currently working..... People I know did this last year and were getting between €120 and €150 a day.

“Vikings - Season 2”, are now announcing our OPEN CASTING DATES & VENUES for EXTRAS, as filming will recommence in just over 4x weeks.

Filming will mostly take place in the Wicklow & Dublin areas. It is a hugely popular TV Series, tracing the footsteps Ragnar Lothbrok, & the Vikings 1st naval invasions into Europe.

“VIKINGS” - epic TV series, so successful, will begin filming a 2nd Season based out of Ireland’s Ashford Studios at the end of June, and are now casting for 1000’s of Film EXTRAS to take part. It is paid work! As an extras episode has been added following last years success, filming will now run for around 20x weeks. It is an Irish/Canadian co-production, written & produced locally by the team behind hits such as “Tudors” & “Camelot”.

The production team, are now running 3x open casting days for anyone interested in getting paid to become an extra on “VIKINGS” to come along, fill out a quick application form and we will take your photo.

There will be 1x Open Casting day in Wicklow and 2x Open Casting days in Dublin. We would encourage people from Wicklow, Carlow, Wexford and further South to attend our date in Wicklow town and those from Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Louth and further north and west to attend the Dublin dates. Please select which is most suitable for you. Location details and times are shown below…

WICKLOW

WEDNESDAY 5TH JUNE - THE GRAND HOTEL, ABBEY STREET, WICKLOW TOWN, ANYTIME BETWEEN 11AM - 6PM.

DUBLIN

FILMBASE, CURVED STREET, TEMPLE BAR, DUBLIN 2
THURSDAY 6TH JUNE 0930 - 1830
FRIDAY 7TH JUNE 0930 - 1700

We are mostly targeting adults. We want to see males & females from all ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS, ALL SHAPES AND ALL SIZES.

We are looking for everyone interested in paid work as an extra to come along, or, you may have some of the following specific skills…

REAL FISHERMEN, SAILORS, ROWERS, AXEMEN & WOMEN, SWORDSMEN & WOMEN, ARCHERS, ROWERS, BOWMEN & WOMEN, CARPENTERS, CRAFTSPEOPLE, FARMERS, BUTCHERS, WAEVERS, HUNTERS, BLACKSMITHS, METAL WORKERS, LUMBERJACKS, WHITTLERS, MIDWIVES, NURSES, MUSICIANS, AMPUTEES, AND MORE…

REENACTORS, PREVIOUS MILITARY, STUNT OR MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE, STRONG SPORTY TYPES…

IF NOT, YOU MAY STILL HAVE THE LOOK…

MALES WITH NATURALLY COLOURED LONG & SHORT HAIR, PUNK HAIRSTYLES, BEARDS, TRIMMED AND LONG…WOMEN WITH NATURALLY COLOURED HAIR OF ALL LENGTHS…

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHARACTER FACE OR STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD, PLEASE COME ALONG…

REMEMBER, WE WANT TO SEE ALL TYPES, NOT JUST PEOPLE WITH THOSE SKILLS OR LOOKS…

Come see us, register your details, we will take your photo. You only need to bring yourself and be fully able to undertake work in Ireland. The application process should only take about 20x mins.

For further enquiries please phone 040478758. CV’s and headshots will not at this time be accepted by email however enquiries can be made to… vikingextras@gmail.com

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vikings-E ... 1826263234
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Re: Extras required for Vikings - Dublin and Wicklow Open Ca

Post by Broken Wing »

I've done a bit of extra work. It can be a long day but I found it interesting, fun and financially rewarding. If I wasn't working I'd be down like a shot. One of the days I did involved a fight scene so we got some very basic sword training which was good craic. It's also nice to get a look behind the scenes at just how much work is involved in filming even a simple two way conversation.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Extras required for Vikings - Dublin and Wicklow Open Ca

Post by Dave Cahill »

They could have shortened that ad though...

'Human? Alive? Call us."
I have Bumbleflex