Craft Beer

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Craft Beer

Post by limecat »

TerenureJim wrote:
tones wrote:My current favourite pub is the Brew Dock - same chain as Against the Grain
Didn't realise Against the Grain was a chain, where's the sister pub located?
Amiens street, just across from Busáras.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

limecat wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
tones wrote:My current favourite pub is the Brew Dock - same chain as Against the Grain
And the Black Sheep in Dublin. There are two sister pubs in Galway too.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

limecat wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Chain of them run by Galway Bay Brewery
http://galwaybaybrewery.com/
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Highly recommend anyone/everyone to pick up some Kinnegar Ale (from Rathmullan in Donegal) if you have the opportunity. Their IPA (yellow bottle) is a firm fav of mine. It's probably an acquired taste in terms of being quite strong but boy is it nice. Have found it in Baggot St wines and the TapHouse (old Russels) in Ranelagh.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

I'm reliably informed that the Trooper ale (as the name would suggest, developed by Bruce Dickinson) is agreeable to the palate. (I'm off the gargle at the mo', so have yet to sample it). Redmonds certainly stock it, as I;m sure many other offies do. It's from Iron Maiden after all - it's gotta be great!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

TerenureJim wrote:Highly recommend anyone/everyone to pick up some Kinnegar Ale (from Rathmullan in Donegal) if you have the opportunity. Their IPA (yellow bottle) is a firm fav of mine. It's probably an acquired taste in terms of being quite strong but boy is it nice. Have found it in Baggot St wines and the TapHouse (old Russels) in Ranelagh.
I met the brewer at the All Ireland craft festival. Really nice bloke and passionate about his beer. Its a new brewhouse and they're still finding their feet so the beer is a little wobbly on its consistency but they're the kind of people you want to do well!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

had some Brooklyn black chocolate stout tonight. at 10% it's a bit much at first. tasted like a toasted malty trippel. but about half way through it really took on some flavor. nothing like as sweet as a Samuel Smiths chocolate stout which i can only have one of because it just becomes sickly.
as the mercury starts to drop below zero here and I'm all ipa'd out (very few doing anything interesting, just adding ever more hops) any stout/porter/malt bomb suggestions?
I've been through most of the American in my offie they have a Youngs chocolate stout and Fullers London porter from that side of Atlantic. there are more than one offie in Boston though so will travel.

also, what are peoples thoughts on sours? had a taste in the pub yesterday and couldn't decide if i loved it or hated it.