Dentist in Norn Ireland

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Dentist in Norn Ireland

Post by IanD »

Hello All

I have a friend who needs shedloads of dental work done. The quote in Wicklow Town is close to €1000 and from looking at price lists in Newry there is a difference of over 50%. With the petrol costs and tolls at around €55 there seems to be a no brainer.

Anyone any recommendations or advice on heading North of the border for dentist work?

Cheers Ian
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Dentist in Norn Ireland

Post by Hippo »

http://www.goldenpages.ie/forster-steph ... -roi-BT92/

This guy. He's very good and I'd say a more reasonable option in terms of cost! Worth investigation.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Has he looked at Smiles?

Personally would recommend them, they have clear and competitive pricing (even compared to the the North) so you know from the outset exactly what's it going to cost, unlike old school ripoff dentists where the receptionist gives you a bill at the end...

They can also claim 20% back on some of it by filling out a Med2 form from
revenue in January.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

My dentist is in Kells, Co. Antrim. Can't recommend them more highly. On my first visit they apologised for having to take two x-rays (as I was paying as a private patient). Turns out the bill for the x-rays was £4.80!!! It's a bit of a trek, but defo worth it imo. The practice was recommended to me by my aunt,

Joan Mangan Dental Surgery
0044 28 9446 2335