Smart Phones

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Re: Smart Phones

Postby nc6000 » April 14th, 2015, 4:18 pm

These External Battery Power Banks are fairly handy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... ords=anker

You can even get a blue one to bring to Leinster games.
User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Smart Phones

Postby johng » April 14th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
My phone has an FM radio :P

that's one out of 3 Dave.

Even Meatloaf knows that's not up to scratch! :)


SD slot too - so don't feel sad.

Excellent. I'd nearly buy one. Great camera too!
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16452
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Smart Phones

Postby johng » April 14th, 2015, 4:44 pm

nc6000 wrote:These External Battery Power Banks are fairly handy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... ords=anker

You can even get a blue one to bring to Leinster games.

How long do you have to have a yoke with (w) Anker written on it hanging out of your phone until it is good to go again? :)
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16452
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Smart Phones

Postby olaf the fat » April 15th, 2015, 11:23 am

johng wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote:that's one out of 3 Dave.

Even Meatloaf knows that's not up to scratch! :)


SD slot too - so don't feel sad.

Excellent. I'd nearly buy one. Great camera too!


but that lights up like a dashboard
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
User avatar
olaf the fat
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: April 5th, 2006, 11:35 am
Location: On the sofa of perpetual pleasure

Re: Smart Phones

Postby IanD » April 16th, 2015, 11:01 am

johng wrote:
Even at home I will get drop outs or pauses on youtube. So having the stuff on an SD card is the only way to guarantee glitch free listening. Now if only there was a phone with an actual FM radio instead of a streaming app......... even my late 90s Nokia had one of those.



As mentioned elsewhere you can get FM radio Apps eg:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lock&hl=en

I have a motoralla phone so use their app which is grand - exactly like the old Nokia radio. My one works only with headphones as they are the aerial.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
User avatar
IanD
Official Mascot
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: May 2nd, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: Wicklow Town

Re: Smart Phones

Postby Dave Cahill » April 16th, 2015, 11:08 am

IanD wrote:
johng wrote:
Even at home I will get drop outs or pauses on youtube. So having the stuff on an SD card is the only way to guarantee glitch free listening. Now if only there was a phone with an actual FM radio instead of a streaming app......... even my late 90s Nokia had one of those.



As mentioned elsewhere you can get FM radio Apps eg:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lock&hl=en

I have a motoralla phone so use their app which is grand - exactly like the old Nokia radio. My one works only with headphones as they are the aerial.


The phone has to have an FM radio in the first place though Ian - that app is only a front end for the tuner. Johns problem is phones that don't have an FM radio receiver at all.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20043
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Smart Phones

Postby IanD » April 16th, 2015, 11:38 am

Dave Cahill wrote:
IanD wrote:
johng wrote:
Even at home I will get drop outs or pauses on youtube. So having the stuff on an SD card is the only way to guarantee glitch free listening. Now if only there was a phone with an actual FM radio instead of a streaming app......... even my late 90s Nokia had one of those.



As mentioned elsewhere you can get FM radio Apps eg:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lock&hl=en

I have a motoralla phone so use their app which is grand - exactly like the old Nokia radio. My one works only with headphones as they are the aerial.


The phone has to have an FM radio in the first place though Ian - that app is only a front end for the tuner. Johns problem is phones that don't have an FM radio receiver at all.



I stand corrected.

Have to say I love the radio on my phone. Very handy at matches where I cant get a strong phone signal.

Moto G cheap and technically supperior to Samdungs (on fm radio at least).
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
User avatar
IanD
Official Mascot
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: May 2nd, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: Wicklow Town

Re: Smart Phones

Postby Peg Leg » April 16th, 2015, 9:23 pm

waterboy wrote:If its an SD slot, removable battery and FM radio you want then worth looking at Lumia phones. No flagship device recently and wont be until windows 10 is launched. Apps may or may not be a concern depending on which ones you use.

Nooooooooooooooo, stay well clear. I'm typing this on a Nokia windy phone. We use them for work mainly because of the MS integration. As phones though, they are shocking. If they lose signal for any extended period the stop scanning unless you reboot, calls drop and just general shitness. It's a turd with a really good camera. Android now have an MS suite app so they're all going in the bin.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7813
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Smart Phones

Postby RoboProp » April 20th, 2015, 4:27 pm

Got the Sony Xperia Z3 which has an amazing camera and a seriously decent battery life. It also has an SD card slot and the makers boast that it's waterproof. It's been in a teething baby's gob enough that I am inclined to believe them
Get up on your feet, don't look so obsolete and thrash like an athlete
User avatar
RoboProp
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3007
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Smart Phones

Postby Vamos los azules » June 23rd, 2015, 11:46 am

I need to get my Xperia Z1 manually unlocked as the code approach hasn't worked. Has anyone used any of the places in Dublin for that and can recommend somewhere? It needs to be one that does manual unlocking rather than try to charge me for the code I have already received from 3 and Sony that isn't working.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
User avatar
Vamos los azules
Mullet
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: April 15th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Re: Smart Phones

Postby domhnallj » June 24th, 2015, 10:57 am

Don't know if this offer applies to Ireland, but EE customers can get a free power bar for their phone from today (need to get a code via text).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/p ... bar-return
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest