Second Captains

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Second Captains

Post by Darce »

I know. Murph was bloody at the game and didn't even mention it!!

The 10 min of football chat in a 48 min show when there is a dedicated football show was utterly ridiculous.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Today's non-football podcast apparently has a section on Argentina although it's about the 1978 World Cup as opposed to the Irish rugby tour there. I'm surprised the the IT are letting them pretty much drop rugby when they could be getting the guys to give airtime to the likes of GT, LT and GC etc. on the tour, the season just ended and what's happening in the next 18 months.

I get that the football world cup is bigger but in terms of direct Irish interest.......
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Second Captains have thrown in the towel on rugby and I don't think they'll even cover it as much next season as they did this season. There has been a real powerplay by Off The Ball to muscle them out of rugby in the last month and it seems to be working. I don't recall such a consistently high profile list of interviews. Heaslip a few days after the Pro12 semi, ROG a couple of days after Racing's last game, EOS two days after he got the Biarritz job, MOC the day after the Pro12 final, Stephen Ferris tonight. They've blown Second Captains out of the water and they cannot compete with that clout.

Ger Gilroy also had an article in the Indo this week about BOD's departure. Denis O'Brien and co. using the announcement to hit Second Captains and hit the Irish Times in the print media too.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Press Release

The Second Captains team are set to join RTÉ Radio 1 with a brand-new weekly GAA show in association with The Irish Times. Second Captains Championship will broadcast at 6pm on Sundays from June 22nd. The show will be presented by three-time PPI sports broadcaster of the year Eoin McDevitt along with his co-presenter, Ciaran Murphy.

Head of RTÉ Radio 1, Tom McGuire said: “Building on the great success of Sunday Sport, this new show follows in the footsteps of Sportscall and Take Your Point and will give victorious and vanquished fans alike a chance to offer their views on the race for Sam and Liam. As well as top-class analysis and features, Second Captains Championship will be the first place fans go to express their post-match opinion. It’s a brand new show on RTÉ Radio 1 but presented and produced in a style familiar to fans of Second Captains on RTÉ Two Television. We look forward to welcoming the boys on board with a lively engagement with listeners on summer Sundays.”

Second Captains’ Mark Horgan said: “We’re delighted to be joining Ireland’s number one radio station and look forward to broadcasting on the most important dates of the Irish summer – GAA championship Sundays. We’re delighted to add live radio to Second Captains’ existing midweek online shows with The Irish Times and Second Captains Live on RTÉ Two.”

Second Captains are the multi-award winning broadcasting team of Eoin McDevitt, Ken Early, Ciaran Murphy, Mark Horgan and Simon Hick. Listeners will be familiar with the team having just completed the second series of their popular RTÉ Two Television show - Second Captains Live. They produce four online shows a week to stream and download on irishtimes.com, attracting over 1.3 million SoundCloud plays alone in the first three months of this year.
I have Bumbleflex
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Back in radio now. Rte 1 Sundays At 6 I think it is
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Press Release
They produce four online shows a week to stream and download on irishtimes.com, attracting over 1.3 million SoundCloud plays alone in the first three months of this year.
So that's why they split the show in 2. Boost the figures, I'd imagine most who follow the show are like me and listen to both.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan