Irish Property Market

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Irish Property Market

Post by The Anathemata »

Bueno, fellow Wetbacks!

Anyone got an opinion on the Dublin property market at the moment? Seems kinda crazy, but a savvy minded mate of mine is trying to convince me to come on board on a property portfolio in de fair city at the moment, made up mainly of west Hueston resi prop (d8/D20).

Living in London so long I have no grasp of these things.

Basically, is Inchicore still a sh1thole?

Is it all a bubble that's going to burst???

Any and all thoughts welcome
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Irish Property Market

Post by ronk »

Yes and yes. Doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad investment though.
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Thanks. Proverbial pr!*k teaser.

And to think I was just getting wasted to lines about:

"Dublin up to Sandyrow"...

Name that song!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The Anathemata wrote:Thanks. Proverbial pr!*k teaser.

Name that song!
Cypress avenue? Obviously I refuse to look it up.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Sorry, that's called Madame George isn't it? Must be 15 years since I listened to it (that's not an insult, I loved it but I don't tend to listen to the same music too often).
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

fourthirtythree wrote:
The Anathemata wrote:Thanks. Proverbial pr!*k teaser.

Name that song!
Cypress avenue? Obviously I refuse to look it up.
A saint and a scowler no doubt has no need to "ring the bell...and step right up...just like a.."
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

fourthirtythree wrote:Sorry, that's called Madame George isn't it? Must be 15 years since I listened to it (that's not an insult, I loved it but I don't tend to listen to the same music too often).
Being a mick in the ol country , you probably have no need. Especially with the failed primary school teacher scum - bag acting like a slim slow slider....
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Moved onto the the "green veranda"...massive bonus points to 433 if you know this one, without looking it up...
Hint "danger, danger, danger...as I flew off to Geneva..."
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

The Anathemata wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Sorry, that's called Madame George isn't it? Must be 15 years since I listened to it (that's not an insult, I loved it but I don't tend to listen to the same music too often).
Being a mick in the ol country , you probably have no need. Especially with the failed primary school teacher scum - bag acting like a slim slow slider....
I used to see van on his annual tour in the National Stadium. Always did a good gig. Cranky old f%~ker.

Inda is what the media believed Bertie was (but actually wasn't): a real 24/7 political animal. Brutal, vicious, power hungry, cunning, and amoral.

For the record Patrick Bartholomew was merely a dribbling idiot promoted way out of his league.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

The Anathemata wrote:Moved onto the the "green veranda"...massive bonus points to 433 if you know this one, without looking it up...
Hint "danger, danger, danger...as I flew off to Geneva..."
Got me there I'm afraid.
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Yeah, no peons, thatcher was the late great Alex Harvey...moved unto to the greatest punk band of all time now..."The Good Missionaries"...what a band. Almost makes me wish I was a Landiner!
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

"You're over the hill right now..."
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

"Now jelly rolls in the street..."
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

"Like a good wine, I'm better as I grow older..."
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

"Something like a circus or a sewer..."
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The Anathemata wrote:Bueno, fellow Wetbacks!

Anyone got an opinion on the Dublin property market at the moment? Seems kinda crazy, but a savvy minded mate of mine is trying to convince me to come on board on a property portfolio in de fair city at the moment, made up mainly of west Hueston resi prop (d8/D20).

Would these be connected to approx 250 aptmnts in inchicore coming onto the market in the very near future?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Peg Leg wrote:
The Anathemata wrote:Bueno, fellow Wetbacks!

Would these be connected to approx 250 aptmnts in inchicore coming onto the market in the very near future?
Emm... :roll:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The Anathemata wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: Would these be connected to approx 250 aptmnts in inchicore coming onto the market in the very near future?
Emm... :roll:
Genuine question, PM Me.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Know very little about the property market so:
1. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
2. Our authorities couldn't organise a p!ss up in a brewery so there is opportunity but it won't last and that is the ? - when will it it end.

In general and in keeping with my hero Machiavelli.
Everyone (The authorities) knew the property bust would end and that eventually a new boom would start unless, like Mac would have suggested, they prepared for it.
So when there was no demand for new build our authorities should have been preparing (planning regulations, zoning, location of job creation etc) so as to control (as in direct) demand.
Did our authorities prepare? If you think the answer is yes, then you are one of the authorities or closely associated with them, so get your f^ckin' head out of the sand.
I'll give you a little example of preparedness. Our building regulations should include the requirement to have any new build housing fitted with a water butt (personally I'd go further on that one especially where blocks of flats or commercial property is involved as a different approach is required).
All new housing should be plumbed so that toilets and washing machines can be fed from rain water sources (if available) or mains and can be switched from one to the other if required. It simply needs a little bit of planning and involves very little extra cost. The only real additional cost would be the underground water storage tank and again if done at construction stage is a lot cheaper than retro fitting.
Also every new build should have a hot water tank installed (with suitable plumbing to attic or where ever) which is compatible with the any post fit of solar water heater. The option to include/exclude the fitting of the solar panel should be a requirement in the build.
Ditto electrical installation for PV panels. The cost at the time of construction will be a lot less than in a retro fit situation.
And the same requirements should apply where appropriate in any major reconstruction work if appropriate.
The pedants will argue that some builds will not have water tanks etc - I get it ok, I'm talking in general terms.
How long and detailed do you want the post to be where every possible situation is covered etc. (Answer is No before you ask BTW)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Oldschool wrote:Know very little about the property market so:
1. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
2. Our authorities couldn't organise a p!ss up in a brewery so there is opportunity but it won't last and that is the ? - when will it it end.

In general and in keeping with my hero Machiavelli.
Everyone (The authorities) knew the property bust would end and that eventually a new boom would start unless, like Mac would have suggested, they prepared for it.
So when there was no demand for new build our authorities should have been preparing (planning regulations, zoning, location of job creation etc) so as to control (as in direct) demand.
Did our authorities prepare? If you think the answer is yes, then you are one of the authorities or closely associated with them, so get your f^ckin' head out of the sand.
I'll give you a little example of preparedness. Our building regulations should include the requirement to have any new build housing fitted with a water butt (personally I'd go further on that one especially where blocks of flats or commercial property is involved as a different approach is required).
All new housing should be plumbed so that toilets and washing machines can be fed from rain water sources (if available) or mains and can be switched from one to the other if required. It simply needs a little bit of planning and involves very little extra cost. The only real additional cost would be the underground water storage tank and again if done at construction stage is a lot cheaper than retro fitting.
Also every new build should have a hot water tank installed (with suitable plumbing to attic or where ever) which is compatible with the any post fit of solar water heater. The option to include/exclude the fitting of the solar panel should be a requirement in the build.
Ditto electrical installation for PV panels. The cost at the time of construction will be a lot less than in a retro fit situation.
And the same requirements should apply where appropriate in any major reconstruction work if appropriate.
The pedants will argue that some builds will not have water tanks etc - I get it ok, I'm talking in general terms.
How long and detailed do you want the post to be where every possible situation is covered etc. (Answer is No before you ask BTW)
Sage advice. Methinks, if - and more likely - when the EU closes the brass plate tax loophole, the reanimated celtic tiger will once again revert to a mangy cur.