Best way to stream Sky/BT on an iPad?

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Best way to stream Sky/BT on an iPad?

Post by AdamK »

Gonna be away for the European 1/2 rounds. Bringing the ipad with me but it doesn't support flash... Any tricks on getting streams to catch the games?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Best way to stream Sky/BT on an iPad?

Post by johng »

AdamK wrote:Gonna be away for the European 1/2 rounds. Bringing the ipad with me but it doesn't support flash... Any tricks on getting streams to catch the games?
You mean you can't even watch a rugby match on those stupid fecken things? :shock: :) There is a great android app that lets you watch all the pay channels for free. Sadly I don't know what it's called (cause I already have those channels) or if there is an ios equivalent.

I know a guy who connects his android phone to his telly to watch stuff on this app
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Probably showbox or mobdro.

Yeah, sometimes having apple sucks.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Swings and roundabouts innit.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Somebody, somewhere mentioned a media box that connects the tV to the internet for streaming purposes (I presume)
I use my laptop at the mo but it's a pain in the....
Advise would be appreciated. Is this the same thing as a slingbox or streamboxtv type thingee.
Actually a little glossary would be useful. Not asking much I know but what the hell.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

Use Puffin browser on the iPad. It manages to do flash video through some clever tricks.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Oldschool wrote:Somebody, somewhere mentioned a media box that connects the tV to the internet for streaming purposes (I presume)
I use my laptop at the mo but it's a pain in the....
Advise would be appreciated. Is this the same thing as a slingbox or streamboxtv type thingee.
Actually a little glossary would be useful. Not asking much I know but what the hell.
Look up Belkin @TV on Amazon, it works like a slingbox, costs about £30 and streams to pc, ipad, kindle for certain as we use all 3, only 1 at a time though over net and it works anywhere you can get wifi with no geographical blocking. Just standard and connects with scart or component cables to tv/sky box etc and allows recording on the receiving ipad etc as the drm for movies etc is not transmitted without HDMI.