CRT Television

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

CRT Television

Post by IanD »

I have just replaced my telly and have a working 36 inch CRT tv. Am going to drop it in the recycling centre but was wondering if anyone has any idea of further use for it.

As I said it it working so seems a shame just to dump it.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: CRT Television

Post by Peg Leg »

IanD wrote:I have just replaced my telly and have a working 36 inch CRT tv. Am going to drop it in the recycling centre but was wondering if anyone has any idea of further use for it.

Dump it, CRT's cost a lot to run when you consider the square footage:rent ratio!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Peg Leg wrote:
IanD wrote:I have just replaced my telly and have a working 36 inch CRT tv. Am going to drop it in the recycling centre but was wondering if anyone has any idea of further use for it.

Dump it, CRT's cost a lot to run when you consider the square footage:rent ratio!
Use it as a large and unwieldy speaker system for your new tv.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Morf wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

Use it as a large and unwieldy speaker system for your new tv.
Take the lense & cone off the front, create a projection cone that will present to the front of one of your glasses lenses, fix the contraption to some form of frame that sits on your shoulder..... bam... TV on your glasses.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Take up weight lifting, those things are fu^cking heavy.
Agree with P.L. dump it!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.