Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby Peg Leg » August 23rd, 2016, 2:37 pm

goreyguy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Thought T'eo effed up the defence, inside or out, no-one trusted him.


And when another one of the centres was Noel Reid....

We'd outscore the oppo 2 to 1. C'mon the Reid.
BTW am I the only one who thinks he looks like one of Tom Hanks kids?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » August 23rd, 2016, 3:03 pm

:lol:
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10161
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby simonokeeffe » August 23rd, 2016, 7:10 pm

Peg Leg wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Thought T'eo effed up the defence, inside or out, no-one trusted him.


And when another one of the centres was Noel Reid....

We'd outscore the oppo 2 to 1. C'mon the Reid.
BTW am I the only one who thinks he looks like one of Tom Hanks kids?


well neither have of them have done anything good in years so... :P

Update: Leo says we're making good progress on finding new defence coach but its not Mike Ford
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15911
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » August 24th, 2016, 11:48 am

simonokeeffe wrote: ]

well neither have of them have done anything good in years so... :P



:shock:

You obviously haven't seen Bridge of Spies, and as such, you should retire from the board. Brilliant film.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10161
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby domhnallj » August 24th, 2016, 11:50 am

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: ]

well neither have of them have done anything good in years so... :P



:shock:

You obviously haven't seen Bridge of Spies, and as such, you should retire from the board. Brilliant film.


That was all Rylance - all of it (even when he wasn't on screen)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » August 24th, 2016, 12:02 pm

He was brilliant (it was the first time I'd seen him in anything) but Hanks/the film in general were still very good.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10161
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby domhnallj » August 24th, 2016, 12:11 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He was brilliant (it was the first time I'd seen him in anything) but Hanks/the film in general were still very good.


He played Cromwell in the BBC version of Wolfe Hall a year or so ago, and it was outstanding TV. If you get a chance to check it out make sure you don't pass it up.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby Dexter » August 24th, 2016, 12:16 pm

domhnallj wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He was brilliant (it was the first time I'd seen him in anything) but Hanks/the film in general were still very good.


He played Cromwell in the BBC version of Wolfe Hall a year or so ago, and it was outstanding TV. If you get a chance to check it out make sure you don't pass it up.

But is he a good defensive coach??
Dont Panic!
User avatar
Dexter
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2672
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » August 24th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Cromwell was more of a ruthless attacker wasn't he?
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10161
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Leinster line up Mike Ford to replace Kurt McQuilkin

Postby domhnallj » August 24th, 2016, 12:33 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Cromwell was more of a ruthless attacker wasn't he?


He played Thomas Cromwell not Oliver.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby simonokeeffe » August 24th, 2016, 1:02 pm

I meant his two kids
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15911
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby Dave Cahill » August 24th, 2016, 1:08 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:I meant his two kids


Colin Hanks was in Fargo, is in Life in Pieces and made that brilliant Tower Records documentary last year!
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20462
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby domhnallj » August 24th, 2016, 1:28 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I meant his two kids


Colin Hanks was in Fargo, is in Life in Pieces and made that brilliant Tower Records documentary last year!


One of the Hanks's was in a season of Dexter IIRC
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby Dave Cahill » August 24th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Same one, he was in Band of Brothers and Mad Men also.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20462
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby Peg Leg » August 24th, 2016, 1:49 pm

This is a great thread. Thanks limecat.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby johng » August 24th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Never realised he was so old. He was in his 30s doing all those films in the 80s.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16648
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Tom Hank's kids/Bridge of spies/Wolf hall

Postby Ibane » November 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm

johng wrote:Never realised he was so old. He was in his 30s doing all those films in the 80s.


Tom Hanks looks pretty old in the trailer for sully
Ibane
Beginner
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 19th, 2016, 11:54 am


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest