for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Congratulations President Trump

Post by Oldschool »

neilinboston wrote:
neilinboston wrote:
Oldschool wrote:You guys need to start thinking for yourselves and stop believing everything you read that's written by a basically left wing media with a very narrow agenda.
To block free speech.
The minute anyone says anything contrarian everyone is hopping up and down shouting bigot, sexist, racist anything to intimidate them into silence.
I'm going to jump in right here without reading any more.
Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers
Grab women by the pussy
Ban all muslims

This isn't some imagined impression of the man. These are examples of how he whipped the uneducated masses into a frenzy and gave voice to their hatred.

These aren't things that should be hateful to left wing liberal democrats. These should be hateful to all people.

The left wing free speech hating media gave him an inordinate amount of air time because ... ratings.
I read the rest. I understand that you're pointing out that we can't tar all trump voters with the same brush. I agree entirely. It's the same as calling all Mexicans rapists or calling for a blanket ban on muslims.
Your two back to back posts highlight the problem.
You were able to pick and choose.
The electorate had to pick and choose too except they couldn't select the half of Hillary they liked and the half of Trump they liked.
It has been said often enough that the choice of candidates available was just awful.
The popularity ratings post election of the two candidates was the worst for any election.
So the electorate (the players) had to decide what issues were more important to them as individuals as opposed to the media et al (the fans) sitting on the sidelines.
To repeat I am not an apologist for Donald Trump but on balance he's potentially the better Presidential option.
He has already demonstrated he's more flexible in his thinking since the election.
He has demoted Christie and moved his Vice President up the rankings as I understand it.
Is that a good or bad thing I've absolutely no idea, so you tell me.
Was it something Obama said to him that initiated the change in tack or what.
The dye has been cast and I'll be honest with you it's not in my personal nature to keep raking over the ashes.
For me it's done and what happens next is where the focus should be.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Oldschool wrote:You guys need to start thinking for yourselves and stop believing everything you read that's written by a basically left wing media with a very narrow agenda.
To block free speech.
The minute anyone says anything contrarian everyone is hopping up and down shouting bigot, sexist, racist anything to intimidate them into silence.
That's an attempt at bullying btw just remember that the next time you refer to somebody in those terms based on your own prejudices.
Trump was elected by the democratic will of the American people, quite frankly we have a cheek to be calling them morons.
Europe is on its' knees economically speaking because our left wing politicians are doing such a good job.
America is in a similar mess.
If you think Hillary was going to do anything about the absolutely awful economic mess that America is in you are in denial.
Instead of throwing the rattle out of the pram, the adult thing to do is to stop the name calling and face up to the fact that for better or worse Donald Trump is the next President of America and we have to deal with him.
Just the type of bluster and bullshit that is typical of a Trump supporter.
Who is blocking your free speech exactly?
You make yourself the victim all the time but who is oppressing you?
You cry that's everything's a mess but like the majority of Trump supporters (in reality), I suspect you live a fairly comfortable existence.

Trump will be the next President of the United States but it's because of people like you, so deeply dissatisfied with their lives they've decided to torch the whole thing like one last fling in Vegas because they know they won't to live too long with the consequences. Plus they just plain don't like brown people! We already know you don't like gay people either!

I hope you're proud of yourself!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

No just the kind of bullshit and bluster you've just posted.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/12/polit ... index.html

Ever feel like you've been cheated Oldschool?

We told you he was a con man, but you ignored it because it was from the "left-wing media"!

He's going to f**k over you right-wing bigots the same way he's f%~ked over investors, customers, black tenents and contractors for his entire business life. All of this was in the public record, yet you choose to ignore it, because you let your fantasy of a white supremacist candidate blind you the to the to the fact that this guy will lie his way into anything.

How's that hope for America feeling tonight eh?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/12/polit ... index.html

Ever feel like you've been cheated Oldschool?

We told you he was a con man, but you ignored it because it was from the "left-wing media"!

He's going to f**k over you right-wing bigots the same way he's f%~ked over investors, customers, black tenents and contractors for his entire business life. All of this was in the public record, yet you choose to ignore it, because you let your fantasy of a white supremacist candidate blind you the to the to the fact that this guy will lie his way into anything.

How's that hope for America feeling tonight eh?
Hopeful I suppose.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

Oldschool wrote:
neilinboston wrote:
neilinboston wrote: I'm going to jump in right here without reading any more.
Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers
Grab women by the pussy
Ban all muslims

This isn't some imagined impression of the man. These are examples of how he whipped the uneducated masses into a frenzy and gave voice to their hatred.

These aren't things that should be hateful to left wing liberal democrats. These should be hateful to all people.

The left wing free speech hating media gave him an inordinate amount of air time because ... ratings.
I read the rest. I understand that you're pointing out that we can't tar all trump voters with the same brush. I agree entirely. It's the same as calling all Mexicans rapists or calling for a blanket ban on muslims.
Your two back to back posts highlight the problem.
You were able to pick and choose.
The electorate had to pick and choose too except they couldn't select the half of Hillary they liked and the half of Trump they liked.
It has been said often enough that the choice of candidates available was just awful.
The popularity ratings post election of the two candidates was the worst for any election.
So the electorate (the players) had to decide what issues were more important to them as individuals as opposed to the media et al (the fans) sitting on the sidelines.
To repeat I am not an apologist for Donald Trump but on balance he's potentially the better Presidential option.
He has already demonstrated he's more flexible in his thinking since the election.
He has demoted Christie and moved his Vice President up the rankings as I understand it.
Is that a good or bad thing I've absolutely no idea, so you tell me.
Was it something Obama said to him that initiated the change in tack or what.
The dye has been cast and I'll be honest with you it's not in my personal nature to keep raking over the ashes.
For me it's done and what happens next is where the focus should be.
Bannon as senior advisor is a steaming pile of racial hate just waiting to explode.

He's saying more conciliatory things since election but his appointments don't exactly raise hope.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

So we have Donald Trump, President Elect, who is a Scottish American, Mike Pence, Vice President Elect, who is an Irish American and Steve Bannon, Trump's Chief Strategist, who is also an Irish American. What is it about the Celts?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/no ... 13162.html
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

Hornet wrote:So we have Donald Trump, President Elect, who is a Scottish American, Mike Pence, Vice President Elect, who is an Irish American and Steve Bannon, Trump's Chief Strategist, who is also an Irish American. What is it about the Celts?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/no ... 13162.html
Apparently they're a bunch of xenophobic misogynists.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FYI - Clinton polled about 2.5m votes more than Trump in California.