Spelling Bee / Trollfest

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Spelling Bee / Trollfest

Post by Cathalsmart »

wixfjord wrote:It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new league, and I’m feeling…well pretty underwhelmed actually, but the big kick off is upon us.

Given the fractured team we’re likely to put out, there are a few potential banana skins on the way, starting with this.
Word today is that we’ll get a few Irish guys back, could do with the likes or Ruddock and ROL.

Possible sides?

Byrne, Cronin, Bent, Fardy, Molony, Ruddock, Murphy, Deegan, JGP, Carbery, Byrne, Isa, ROL, MCF, Kearney
Heffernan, McNulty, Porter, Ryan, Connors, McCarthy, Byrne, Larmour
Getting the excuses in nice and early, injuries yes but our team is still better than most team's we will face for awhile.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Dragons v Leinster Saturday 3.15 Sky Sports

Post by riocard911 »

Cathalsmart wrote:
wixfjord wrote:It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new league, and I’m feeling…well pretty underwhelmed actually, but the big kick off is upon us.

Given the fractured team we’re likely to put out, there are a few potential banana skins on the way, starting with this.
Word today is that we’ll get a few Irish guys back, could do with the likes or Ruddock and ROL.

Possible sides?

Byrne, Cronin, Bent, Fardy, Molony, Ruddock, Murphy, Deegan, JGP, Carbery, Byrne, Isa, ROL, MCF, Kearney
Getting the excuses in nice and early, injuries yes but our team is still better than most team's we will face for awhile.
Dear Cathalsmart, insinuating that anyone who points out potential banana-skins is making pre-match excuses is unfair. This idée fixe you have is already getting tiring and the season hasn't even officially started, so perhaps you could drop it and be a little bit more charitable to the other members of the forum in your choice of words.

After what transpired at Leinster's last match in the RDS, there cannot be enough warnings against underestimating our opponents. I for one have as yet not quite recovered from the shock of that particular Friday night outing.

For your information, I too would like to see Leinster go undefeated this season in the Pro 14 and ERCC and do a double similar to what Sarries did 2015/2016. I fully agree with you that Leinster have the means to do this. A bit of luck and solid support from the fans and the dream we both share will come true!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cathalsmart wrote:

Possible sides?

Are you going to continue with this trolling nonsense all season or just keep it to Munsterfans?
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

wixfjord wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:

Possible sides?

Are you going to continue with this trolling nonsense all season or just keep it to Munsterfans?
Are you going to learn how to spell?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cathalsmart wrote:
Are you going to learn how to spell?
:lol:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote: True he was signed as a second row but the first game's of the season are difficult as with so many BR players getting selected for Ireland & Lions we will have to adapt and playing Fardy at 6 is a way of adapting here.3
:lol:

I actually can't tell whether you're a troll or whether you actually believe what you're saying! A mix of both maybe.
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

When I misspell its not that often whereas when you do it its in every single sentenced, even in that last one. Here's an idea, learn how to spell "moving the goalposts". Works in many way's in this argument.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cathalsmart wrote:When I misspell its not that often whereas when you do it its in every single sentenced, even in that last one. Here's an idea, learn how to spell "moving the goalposts". Works in many way's in this argument.
Ah that clarifies it, definitely a troll.

I see you've been banned from MF too for the same act.
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

wixfjord wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:When I misspell its not that often whereas when you do it its in every single sentenced, even in that last one. Here's an idea, learn how to spell "moving the goalposts". Works in many way's in this argument.

Have I, maybe its another cathal. Don't have a valid argument against my post so of course you have to try move the goalpost in order to find something you can compete with, classic!

Stop trolling me please.
paulmpb
Beginner

Post by paulmpb »

You seem to have a real problem with apostrophes. Here is a tip you can use when spell checking your post: If you can replace "its" with "it is", then it is a contraction of the two words and is spelled "it's". The apostrophe denotes that a letter or multiple letters have been dropped out. You made this mistake twice in the quoted post and once in your more recent post.

The other use for apostrophes is to signify possession (when followed by the letter "s" in nearly all cases). This absolutely should not be used just because you've used the plural form of a word though, which is a mistake you've made once in the quoted post and twice in the post wixfjord quoted.

So that's six really simple mistakes in the space of three posts.
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

paulmpb wrote:
You seem to have a real problem with apostrophes. Here is a tip you can use when spell checking your post: If you can replace "its" with "it is", then it is a contraction of the two words and is spelled "it's". The apostrophe denotes that a letter or multiple letters have been dropped out. You made this mistake twice in the quoted post and once in your more recent post.

The other use for apostrophes is to signify possession (when followed by the letter "s" in nearly all cases). This absolutely should not be used just because you've used the plural form of a word though, which is a mistake you've made once in the quoted post and twice in the post wixfjord quoted.

Jeez you're spelling is even worse. Anyway we are spamming the page with shite, I've got a solution. Goodbye.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Cathalsmart wrote:
paulmpb wrote:

Jeez you're spelling is even worse. Anyway we are spamming the page with shite, I've got a solution. Goodbye.
Your
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Cathalsmart wrote:
I wouldn't pick Fardy in the BR unless it was an absolute emergency, we already have very little experience in the BR as it is with Jordi being the only one with significant experience Josh, W.Connors, C.Dorris have no caps and Deegan has very few so a little more experience is needed away from in a under developed ground (imo anyway) with sh!t weather in a fixture where we need to build some momentum.
Getting the excuses in early Cathal, it is that sort of attitude which has resulted in Leinster Rugby losing games in the past, tut-tut.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

OTT wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
I wouldn't pick Fardy in the BR unless it was an absolute emergency, we already have very little experience in the BR as it is with Jordi being the only one with significant experience Josh, W.Connors, C.Dorris have no caps and Deegan has very few so a little more experience is needed away from in a under developed ground (imo anyway) with sh!t weather in a fixture where we need to build some momentum.
Getting the excuses in early Cathal, it is that sort of attitude which has resulted in Leinster Rugby losing games in the past, tut-tut.
Im not even going to waste my time arguing, farewell.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Cathalsmart wrote:
OTT wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Farwell :happy clapper:
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Cathalsmart wrote:
I've got a solution. Goodbye.
Cathalsmart wrote:
Please say this is permanent. We haven't had a wind-up merchant this annoying for a while.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

joooooe wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Please say this is permanent. We haven't had a wind-up merchant this annoying for a while.
Report him. Get him banned.
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

Laighin Break wrote:
joooooe wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Report him. Get him banned.
Ironically I reported you, farewell was referring to the fact that I found a solution to ignoring the original poster (i.e I ignored him) the same thing that is happening to you and a few others as all you seem to be doing is going off topic which isn't good I'm afraid, atleast I'm not out of my depth and telling a mod to ban someone, do you tell a scrum half how to be a scrum half, no? Good don't tell a mod what to do thanks.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Cathalsmart wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

Have I, maybe its another cathal. Don't have a valid argument against my post so of course you have to try move the goalpost in order to find something you can compete with, classic!

Stop trolling me please.
He makes the same argument avbout spelling...Cathalnotsosmart
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

For how much longer exactly are the moderators going to allow cathalsmart continue with posting snide comments? I for one am sick to the back teeth of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathalsmart
Bookworm

Post by Cathalsmart »

He makes the same argument avbout spelling...Cathalnotsosmart[/quote][/quote]

And people are asking for me to be banned? What I've wrote is stating my opinion and wasn't an insult or insulting to anyone, its called freedom of speech. Now on the other hand you flooding the comment section with comments that have nothing to do with the argument and calling someone something in relation to intelligence in a different and negative way, now that is insulting and should warrant action. Attack the post, not the poster...ever heard of that? learn some respect, I'm not going to insult back as I actually have morals and am considerate to other peoples feelings so I'm just going to ignore you so farewell. Learn some respect and then come back to me.