Larry Gogan retiring

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Larry Gogan retiring

Postby tomthefan » January 8th, 2019, 1:48 pm

i'm both sad to hear that Larry is retiring and amazed to hear that he's still in the business after all these years.
I haven't listened to 2fm since forever but I remember the just a minute quiz.
It used to be hilarious sometimes.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 90011.html
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
User avatar
tomthefan
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 342
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby domhnallj » January 8th, 2019, 1:50 pm

tomthefan wrote:i'm both sad to hear that Larry is retiring and amazed to hear that he's still in the business after all these years.
I haven't listened to 2fm since forever but I remember the just a minute quiz.
It used to be hilarious sometimes.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 90011.html


I remember a friend ringing in and deliberately answering all the questions wrong. Good times!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby limecat » January 8th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Apparently not retiring, just moving to RTE Gold.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5195
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby tomthefan » January 8th, 2019, 2:29 pm

limecat wrote:Apparently not retiring, just moving to RTE Gold.


I missed that in the story. TBH I'd never heard of RTE Gold before this story.
I just remembered that The Boomtown Rats credited him with championing them in the early days.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
User avatar
tomthefan
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 342
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby tomthefan » January 8th, 2019, 2:31 pm

domhnallj wrote:
tomthefan wrote:i'm both sad to hear that Larry is retiring and amazed to hear that he's still in the business after all these years.
I haven't listened to 2fm since forever but I remember the just a minute quiz.
It used to be hilarious sometimes.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 90011.html


I remember a friend ringing in and deliberately answering all the questions wrong. Good times!


They should put out a compilation of the best ones, I'd buy it.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
User avatar
tomthefan
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 342
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby domhnallj » January 8th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Didn't he have this smurf creature co-hosting at one time and it was always slagging off Big Tom? The 70's were a loooong the ago.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby tomthefan » January 8th, 2019, 3:18 pm

domhnallj wrote:Didn't he have this smurf creature co-hosting at one time and it was always slagging off Big Tom? The 70's were a loooong the ago.


I don't remember that but as you say it was a lifetime ago :(
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
User avatar
tomthefan
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 342
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: Larry Gogan retiring

Postby Peg Leg » January 8th, 2019, 6:38 pm

limecat wrote:Apparently not retiring, just moving to RTE Gold.
Larry Gogan's Golden Shower returns
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8985
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest