The Right Hook

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

The Right Hook

Post by harryp »

I'm in the audience for the Right Hook outside broadcast tomorrow evening.
Any suggestions on a question to ask Messers Hook & Pope.

I don't see any point in asking them about the Irish Side in general or EOS. You'll never get a straight answer.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

ask George where he gets those brown suits. and someone tell tom to get a pair of trousers that fit. im sick of seeing his socks and milk bottle legs!
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

Ask George about his inabilty to "get wood" :lol:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Darce wrote:ask George where he gets those brown suits. and someone tell tom to get a pair of trousers that fit. im sick of seeing his socks and milk bottle legs!
I was told already to ask about his Ties. Seriously dodgy. Prefer not to ask any question where the standard reply is "The Lovely Ingrid"!
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Say this question was brought to you by the people at Leinsterfans.com
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

epaddy wrote:Say this question was brought to you by the people at Leinsterfans.com
Obviously, and I'll wear my Girve Tshirt so all the listeners can see it? :roll:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Ask him should EOS bring in Knoxy as backs coach?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote:Ask him should EOS bring in Knoxy as backs coach?
Thats not actually bad. Who is Knoxy contracted to Leinster Rugby or IRFU?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Or if he feels that Ireland need an assistant coach to take the pressure off EOS with regard to media duties and player management?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

CM wrote:
Or if he feels that Ireland need an assistant coach to take the pressure off EOS with regard to media duties and player management?
ie Eventually replace Brian O'Brien?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Eventually replace Brian O'Brien?
Well, in effect yes. Although O'Brien was obviously not a coach, as such, so may not have had as much influence with regard to training etc. The camp seems to have settled a bit but I still feel that there needs to be someone in management between the team and the coach. Kidney, Ford and O'Brien all filled that role in the past. I can't see O'Donovan or Steadman having the same effect.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Re: The Right Hook

Post by ckav »

harryp wrote:I'm in the audience for the Right Hook outside broadcast tomorrow evening.

I don't see any point in asking them about the Irish Side in general or EOS. You'll never get a straight answer.
Unfair to the boys - they will answer something straight up and without any pc nonsense. Put it to them that as Eddie is currently failing to meet the objectives as set out in the 2003 Strategic Plan, what lies ahead for Irish Rugby post 2007? (Given that as things stand, we may not even qualify from our group next year in France).
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Basically, "Is EOS taking on too much responsibility, in performing the combined roles of Manager, Head Coach and Backs, where based on recent performances, needs work. Would he be better served stepping back and appointing the likes of David Knox as Backs Coach, or alternatively reappointing a Manager a la Donal Lenihan or Brian O'Brien?"
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

harryp wrote:Basically, "Is EOS taking on too much responsibility, in performing the combined roles of Manager, Head Coach and Backs, where based on recent performances, needs work. Would he be better served stepping back and appointing the likes of David Knox as Backs Coach, or alternatively reappointing a Manager a la Donal Lenihan or Brian O'Brien?"
Sounds good..
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Re: The Right Hook

Post by harryp »

ckav wrote:
harryp wrote:I'm in the audience for the Right Hook outside broadcast tomorrow evening.

Unfair to the boys - they will answer something straight up and without any pc nonsense. Put it to them that as Eddie is currently failing to meet the objectives as set out in the 2003 Strategic Plan, what lies ahead for Irish Rugby post 2007? (Given that as things stand, we may not even qualify from our group next year in France).
ckav,

I meant that in the sense of the ongoing argument about the Backrow or OH and selection issues. I think GH has a tendency to change his mind very easily, and therefore you would never get a straight answer.

Plesae don't get CM started on Strategic Plan. Not a bad question though. There are 4 of us going, other 3 know bugger all about Rugby, so I've 4 q's to post!
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

harryp wrote:Basically, "Is EOS taking on too much responsibility, in performing the combined roles of Manager, Head Coach and Backs, where based on recent performances, needs work. Would he be better served stepping back and appointing the likes of David Knox as Backs Coach, or alternatively reappointing a Manager a la Donal Lenihan or Brian O'Brien?"
Well he couldn't appoint Knox (or at least he'd have a hard time getting him away from Leinster) but it'd be no harm in having him give input into training. If you want to put forward a specific name what about Gaffney?
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

I think GH has a tendency to change his mind very easily
My recording of the match the other day cut off just as he was back tracking about his surprise that Pope had Leamy down as our forward of the tournament so far - anyone see it? If so what were the reasons?. Certainly his gut reaction can be well off the actual truth of the matter.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

CM wrote:
I think GH has a tendency to change his mind very easily
My recording of the match the other day cut off just as he was back tracking about his surprise that Pope had Leamy down as our forward of the tournament so far - anyone see it? If so what were the reasons?. Certainly his gut reaction can be well off the actual truth of the matter.
My point entirely, he changed his mind twice about Leamy on Sat afternoon, then gave him MOM in the Sunday papers?

As for Gaffney, Backs Coach? We want an improvement!

Like that suggestion about the Strategic plan. What is it roughly?
1. GS by 2007.
2. 2nd Place 2/3 times.
3. WC Semi Final 2007.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Like that suggestion about the Strategic plan. What is it roughly?
1. GS by 2007.
2. 2nd Place 2/3 times.
3. WC Semi Final 2007.
We're a little bit more realistic about the GS. It's just a championship and depending on how you read the plan it's either by next year or the year after. We can assume next year so as not to start this off again. Runners up was 3 times out of 4 from the 04/05 to 07/08 season. So basically we can't finish worse than 2nd between now and then (which means anything worse than a narrow loss next week could scupper that).
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Gaffney was a very dedicated and decent man. Should we have him back in Irish rugby? No (unless its with leinster obviously)