No votes
Turnipstani Examiner
No votes

Total votes: 28

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

The Times or The Indo?

Post by thecoolfreak »

In light of the thread on DK's article in yesterdays Indo, i thought this poll might be a good idea.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

What about the Examiner? I'm sure that one or two of the Turnipstanis would vote for that if it was an option
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Thats true, but i how the fock do i add it?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

thecoofreak wrote:Thats true, but i how the fock do i add it?
I've added it :)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Cheers
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

What a stupid question. The indo is for retards and poor people. Not the sort we want supporting Leinster
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

epaddy wrote:The indo is for retards and poor people. Not the sort we want supporting Leinster
So poor people can't support Leinster?
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Actually I prefer Andrex but should I get snowed in and unable to get out to the local Centra then I'd read the Times and put the Indo on the nail on
the back of the door. And for those of you who say "I wouldn't wipe...with the Indo", imagine what you'd do in these circumstances - cos option A "do nothing" is not an option in my book!!
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
cj
Graduate

times v indo

Post by cj »

gotta be the times
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

In fairness, the Baked Beanz Indo's rugby coverage isn't too bad and its always fun playing the Glenda picture count game.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:What a stupid question. The indo is for retards and poor people. Not the sort we want supporting Leinster
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Irish Times works for me. I was surprised to see Hiberno's take on it yesterday. Of all the newspapers in all the towns in all the world...it's the only one that SEEMS to report objectively.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote: its always fun playing the Glenda picture count game.
Isn't it just! How many times can they have photos of the drag queen in one paper?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote:What a stupid question. The indo is for retards and poor people. Not the sort we want supporting Leinster
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Irish Times works for me. I was surprised to see Hiberno's take on it yesterday. Of all the newspapers in all the towns in all the world...it's the only one that SEEMS to report objectively.
True. Great paper. The property section is pure affluence.

I'm a particular fan of the Church of Ireland notes, as is Dave Cahill. He uses it to source quality cake sales at summer fetes..... :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

The Irish Times has gone seriously down in quality since the Geraldine Kennedy took over.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:The Irish Times has gone seriously down in quality since the Geraldine Kennedy took over.
I agree.
Still, it beats the rest hand-down. I always feel like I'm being patronised and taken for a fool when I read the Indo.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yeah ckav - I'm currently enjoying the shitfight over Greystones harbour involving the dude from the IT that lives in Greystones. My favourite line was "They're going to make it like Woodies in Bray". Not just woodies. Woodies in Bray. Heaven forbid, not anything from Bray! :lol: I'd say he's a blow in but you never know - there's a lot of odd types out there who still think they're part of the realm.

I used to love the IT, and in fairness, it's still the best of the Irish papers, but it's nowhere near as interesting and innovative as it was under the last guy. And the Saturday magazine, which started out brightly, is now genuinely cringeworthy.

But it still beats the Brendan O'Connor platform, now with extra photos of Glenda holding a HB ice cream.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:Yeah ckav - I'm currently enjoying the shitfight over Greystones harbour involving the dude from the IT that lives in Greystones. My favourite line was "They're going to make it like Woodies in Bray". Not just woodies. Woodies in Bray. Heaven forbid, not anything from Bray! :lol: I'd say he's a blow in but you never know - there's a lot of odd types out there who still think they're part of the realm.

I used to love the IT, and in fairness, it's still the best of the Irish papers, but it's nowhere near as interesting and innovative as it was under the last guy. And the Saturday magazine, which started out brightly, is now genuinely cringeworthy.

But it still beats the Brendan O'Connor platform, now with extra photos of Glenda holding a HB ice cream.

Geraldine is giving yerman loads of airtime in the Letters page alright. You'd swear the development in Greystones Harbour was on a par with the A&E crisis/gangland violence.etc.
The funny thing is that those Greystones residents who are Defenders of the Realm, probably don't even know the development is actually happening..

The magazine is drab. I only read Roisin Ingle, Deirdre McQuillan and the What's On section now. Homes, gardens and Phillipe Starck interiors don't do it for me.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

For what it's worth, I don't think they should have any development in Greystones until they have a full enquiry over the Charlesland development. A friend working for the real estate company warned me off Charlesland before it was even laid out on the plans. It is just such a disaster, I honestly think somebody should go to jail for it. I wouldn't trust those morons to handle a major development on the public lands at the harbour.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:For what it's worth, I don't think they should have any development in Greystones until they have a full enquiry over the Charlesland development. A friend working for the real estate company warned me off Charlesland before it was even laid out on the plans. It is just such a disaster, I honestly think somebody should go to jail for it. I wouldn't trust those morons to handle a major development on the public lands at the harbour.
Funny, my father lives near it, and maintains it is the next Tallaght...scary thought.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Colm wrote:
epaddy wrote:The indo is for retards and poor people. Not the sort we want supporting Leinster
So poor people can't support Leinster?
No focking way, RIF RAF OUT
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter